Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2030376 - 04/26/18 04:18 PM WTF? Scholarship limits!
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
As we enter year four of Dave Beaty and his incessant jabbering with no results, we now learn from our dubious head Man, that it will now take ANOTHER three years to finally reach the NCAA limit of 85 players on scholarship!

If this isn't a classic example of the Head INMATE running the asylum, I don't know what is. Beaty and Zenger are the absolute masters of taking one step forward and three back.
Will DB be bemoaning his schollie plight when he starts the season 0-3? Geesh, the incompetence in the grid program is amazing!

#2030379 - 04/26/18 07:33 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
If you cannot coach, the excuses will hopefully suffice for the Chancellor. DB has a 7 year plan. To keep the money flowing to his bank account that is.

#2030380 - 04/26/18 08:11 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Can't we discuss what we do have as opposed to what we don't have?

#2030385 - 04/27/18 09:41 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: 58hawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

I am certainly not opposed to that.

So, what do we have? A coach who now says it takes six years to refill the cupboard after Chuckles instead of three!

I would discuss the O-line, but we don't have enough of one to have a spring game... laugh

#2030386 - 04/27/18 09:44 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

What we do have is a more experienced team as we only lost a handful to graduation, medical issues and transfers. We finally have a solid senior class.

#2030387 - 04/27/18 10:44 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

What we do have is a more experienced team as we only lost a handful to graduation, medical issues and transfers. We finally have a solid senior class.
I agree that seniors who graduate on time and go out into the real world is one plus. However, as a college football fan, it would be nicer to have a staff of people looking to win some games this year and beyond. But since we avoiding (according to 58) talking about what we can't do, at least graduate the seniors. Someday, another coach will be willing to use the P5 D1 level program to be a winner on the field.

#2030388 - 04/27/18 10:48 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: beenahawk

So, what do we have? A coach who now says it takes six years to refill the cupboard after Chuckles instead of three!

I would discuss the O-line, but we don't have enough of one to have a spring game... laugh
It's an excuse by DB (no spring game) that won't be believable after the first four games this season. Wouldn't a spring game "toughen up" the softies on this roster? If I had a show of hands by the players, I would be doing a showcase spring game.

#2030390 - 04/27/18 11:30 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: 58hawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I agree. We have a team far more experienced at LOSING than any other D-1 school. That alone, counts for so much in Beaty's world. Losing a "handful" of players from a team that lost 11 games in a row is something we should all be proud to hang our hats on. laugh

#2030391 - 04/27/18 12:52 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

It's an excuse by DB (no spring game) that won't be believable after the first four games this season. Wouldn't a spring game "toughen up" the softies on this roster? If I had a show of hands by the players, I would be doing a showcase spring game.
And take a chance on injuries to the offensive line?

#2030393 - 04/27/18 01:07 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

And take a chance on injuries to the offensive line?
The coach said we are too soft in relation to the rest of the football programs in America. So yes, every time we play a practice, scrimmage and real games, we "risk" injury. It's a contact sport, 58.

Ask the players if Beaty is wrong, and see what the reaction is. He is a loser in many ways beyond wins/losses.

#2030394 - 04/27/18 01:15 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

[quote=58hawk][quote=KUCO_VOC][quote=beenahawk][quote=58hawk]

Ask the players if Beaty is wrong, and see what the reaction is. He is a loser in many ways beyond wins/losses.
Practices and scrimmages are not the same as a real game as far as hitting. We need to be healthy coming into Fall camp.

#2030395 - 04/27/18 02:16 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
And so it goes, Beena. I recall posting last spring about the roster make-up and the fact we had something like 18 WRs on scholarship and a total of 22 on the roster (I'm too lazy to look up the exact number, but it's close.) All these wide receivers and still only one football; and this spring we need to set up tackling dummies to run practice because OL are in such short supply. I can almost hear the chuckling from Lubbock to Morgantown.

And now this week we get an article about instilling toughness. Really? Toughness in football? As we enter year four, we should be talking about the strengths and weaknesses of the tight ends on the depth chart and what we're doing to improve them. But we get this thing on instilling toughness.

Is Zenger still here?

#2030396 - 04/27/18 05:19 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: PbBut]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
That article certainly was an interesting account of what coach Beaty has said over the past 2 years about our scholarship numbers. Based on the things I heard and what I recall right now, we had in the high 40's when Beaty was hired and played with a number around 50 to 54 his 1st season. 2nd season we had a total in the high 50's to around 60 or so. Last year we had a total up to the high 60's. Now, it looks to me the number is around 70-74 from a quick glance.

As for our WR vs. OL numbers last year, our problem last year wasn't that we didn't have enough OL because we gave out those scholarships to WR's instead(I know you feel we only need 2 or 3 WR's tops! LOL grin ). Our problem was we didn't have enough upperclassman or guys with experience on the OL or exceptional underclassman who can be competitive early (Adeniji for example).

We've got about 9 or 10 scholarship OL right now this spring. I watched a bit of a practice last week and there were 5 of those guys sitting out due to injury by my count along with it looked like 2 of the non-scholarship guys. Heard only 2 had injuries on the more serious side which could sideline them more than a few weeks. That still leaves about 7 total OL that are healthy enough to have taken part in a spring game, so I get why they changed it up again.

Hopefully all of those guys will be healthy for summer workouts and fall practice. We've got about 5 to 8 (depending on how things work out over the next few months) more OL coming in. About 1/2 of those guys will be JUCO guys ready to compete for a spot on the 2 deep and I think 1 or 2 will be pushing for a starting spot. That'd give us anywhere from

I'm still worried about the OL come this fall. I think Ricker is a better OL coach than our previous one and that along with more ready to go type OL bodies gives me some hope the OL will be noticeably better than last year.

Before we were recruiting lighter more athletic guys that we could build up, but with our roster situation the coaches were throwing guys into the fire 2 or even 3 years before they were ready and it killed us. This year it appears we're going after the best ready to go type OL we can get. Both strategies have their pitfalls, but I think Ricker is a good enough OL coach to make this new strategy work out better than our previous one especially since these guys will be more ready to get thrown into the fire.

#2030398 - 04/27/18 07:00 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: Kman_blue]
Jman1 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

i don't think Ricker can work wonders in 8 months. He has as many games left as Beaty does. If he can piecemeal together some semblance of an O Line in that time I will say name him head coach after "The Dude" gets S Canned after game 3.

The OL is a COMPLETE train wreck, and I wouldnt be surprised if 2-3 of jucos won a starting spot. even adenaji was not all that great last year and he was considered by many the best of the O Line. And don't give me this injury crap. The O Line last year was a complete laughing stock, even if they competed at the DII level

#2030400 - 04/27/18 09:32 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Hiring Yenser was one of Beaty's worst decisions. You would think Beaty would have realized that and hired a better OL coach at the start. I guess that's what can happen when you hire a head coach with no head coaching or even coordinator experience.

#2030401 - 04/27/18 11:20 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Beaty wasn’t that great of a HS coach in Texas as well.

#2030402 - 04/27/18 11:56 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Phog Fanatic

How anyone can continue to defend these morons that KU is stuck with is beyond me.

#2030403 - 04/28/18 01:34 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: Jman1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jman1
even adenaji was not all that great last year and he was considered by many the best of the O Line. And don't give me this injury crap.
The man played with 2 torn labrum! Not 1, but BOTH! You're being incredibly unrealistic and unfair with Adeniji here.

#2030404 - 04/28/18 01:36 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Hiring Yenser was one of Beaty's worst decisions.
In hindsight I'd agree. In the top 5 worst decisions of his IMO.

#2030405 - 04/28/18 01:38 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
How anyone can continue to defend these morons that KU is stuck with is beyond me.
Who in this thread is defending who?

#2030408 - 04/28/18 06:20 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I now live five minutes from Hutch Juco in the sand hills. I will be attending many Blue Dragon games, as they are Crimson and Blue and win. I will also go out on a limb and bet that they would beat KU this year if they were on the schedule.

At what point do we just give up the program? I'm serious. Since the leaders that be obviously do not care. The players are there only for an education, and the staff gets paid no matter what, why not take up men's soccer in the stadium?

KU football.....we were good, but our coach was fat and tough on the kids, so we perennially suck ass now. RCJHKU!

#2030409 - 04/28/18 08:36 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I now live five minutes from Hutch Juco in the sand hills. I will be attending many Blue Dragon games, as they are Crimson and Blue and win. I will also go out on a limb and bet that they would beat KU this year if they were on the schedule.

At what point do we just give up the program? I'm serious. Since the leaders that be obviously do not care. The players are there only for an education, and the staff gets paid no matter what, why not take up men's soccer in the stadium?

KU football.....we were good, but our coach was fat and tough on the kids, so we perennially suck ass now. RCJHKU!
Hutch Juco could be a fan draw if only we (KU) could sign a home and away series.

#2030416 - 04/28/18 02:36 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: Kman_blue]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Beaty ass kissers aren't allowed to talk to me. So kindly show your self back to his ass and get back to work.

#2030417 - 04/28/18 05:22 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUHawkhead]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead

That's crazy talk. That's like saying the best college football team could beat the worst pro team. Not going to happen.

#2030418 - 04/28/18 06:08 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
schmuck34 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

I train several Hutch JUCO guys, not a chance in hell they would beat KU.

#2030420 - 04/29/18 12:25 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Beaty ass kissers aren't allowed to talk to me. So kindly show your self back to his ass and get back to work.
Awwww...are you still all butt hurt and angry at the world??

#2030442 - 04/30/18 03:41 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I believe you (kman_blue) said lately KU's defense is THE BEST in the BG12 or at least second best for 2018!! Moronic statement maker? Just sayin'...

I guess not remembering what you said can make you less a butt kisser or whatever!😮

#2030446 - 04/30/18 05:47 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: schmuck34]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: schmuck34
I train several Hutch JUCO guys, not a chance in hell they would beat KU.
Several decades back, I lived in Hutch. Are you a native?

#2030459 - 04/30/18 09:42 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I believe you (kman_blue) said lately KU's defense is THE BEST in the BG12 or at least second best for 2018!! Moronic statement maker?
You certainly are king moron and still a liar I see, as I never said anything of the sort.

Even if I were to take your lies and bullsh|it at face value, there's still no defense of anyone in those imaginary statements you made up.

As far as asses and who's kissing who's, your head is so far up your own ass that you're more like a colon kisser or sh|t eater. Take your pick big guy.

#2030464 - 04/30/18 10:30 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I believe you (kman_blue) said lately KU's defense is THE BEST in the BG12 or at least second best for 2018!! Moronic statement maker?
You certainly are king moron and still a liar I see, as I never said anything of the sort.

Even if I were to take your lies and bullsh|it at face value, there's still no defense of anyone in those imaginary statements you made up.

As far as asses and who's kissing who's, your head is so far up your own ass that you're more like a colon kisser or sh|t eater. Take your pick big guy.
Your ass kissing comment was in the spring game canceled post. Now who is the liar 🤥?

#2030465 - 04/30/18 11:20 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Your ass kissing comment was in the spring game canceled post. Now who is the liar 🤥?
You are still the liar. Any more questions you need answered colon boy?

Nice selfy you took here.

#2030466 - 05/01/18 04:15 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"I think our D could be in the top 1/2 of the Big 12 this year actually, but I'm not at all confident about the O right now. Think the summer workouts and fall practice with all the reinforcements coming will be crucial for our O and if they can scrape their way out of the bottom of the Big 12 or not."- kman_blue butt kisser quote (04/29/18) about Bowen's defense for 2018.

I bring this up, b/c YOU questioned Esteban post, "Who is still defending DB regime these days?" Paraphrasing Esteban post...

Nice selfie above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I never said anything of the sort." - kman's follow up quote on page 2 on this topic related to my direct question of the hypocrisy you are posting.

I rest my "case".

#2030467 - 05/01/18 07:03 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"I think our D could be in the top 1/2 of the Big 12 this year actually, but I'm not at all confident about the O right now. Think the summer workouts and fall practice with all the reinforcements coming will be crucial for our O and if they can scrape their way out of the bottom of the Big 12 or not."- kman_blue butt kisser quote (04/29/18) about KU's defense for 2018.

I bring this up, b/c YOU questioned Esteban post, "Who is still defending DB regime these days?" Paraphrasing ...
Nice non sequitur here. My opinion of the potential of our D is not a defense of the(this is called an article, learn to use them using articles) "DB regime" and your completely dishonest or dumber than sh|it "paraphrasing" of my quote is just that, dumber than sh|it and dishonestly wrong.

Again, just for sh|it's sake, if my opinion of our O is a defense of "DB regime" by your childish highly flawed "thinking", then what the hell is my opinion of our O a supposed defense of?

Your dipsh|it assertion here is just another lie in your deep arsenal of lies,
I believe you (kman_blue) said lately KU's defense is THE BEST in the BG12 or at least second best for 2018!!

VS
my actual quote,
I think our D could be in the top 1/2 of the Big 12 this year...
Oh yeah, potentially top 1/2 of 10 = guaranteed #1 out of 10. DERP! DERP!

Case closed with extreme prejudice!

You really are a moronic dumbass aren't you? All along I've been thinking you're just a morally bankrupt, intellectually dishonest, purposefully douchey jackass, but you're really just dumber than a doorknob AND have no morals or intellectual integrity.

#2030471 - 05/01/18 08:55 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
"I think our D could be in the top 1/2 of the Big 12 this year actually, but I'm not at all confident about the O right now. Think the summer workouts and fall practice with all the reinforcements coming will be crucial for our O and if they can scrape their way out of the bottom of the Big 12 or not."- kman_blue butt kisser quote (04/29/18) about KU's defense for 2018.

I bring this up, b/c YOU questioned Esteban post, "Who is still defending DB regime these days?" Paraphrasing ...
Nice non sequitur here. My opinion of the potential of our D is not a defense of the(this is called an article, learn to use them using articles) "DB regime" and your completely dishonest or dumber than sh|it "paraphrasing" of my quote is just that, dumber than sh|it and dishonestly wrong.

Again, just for sh|it's sake, if my opinion of our O is a defense of "DB regime" by your childish highly flawed "thinking", then what the hell is my opinion of our O a supposed defense of?

Your dipsh|it assertion here is just another lie in your deep arsenal of lies,
I believe you (kman_blue) said lately KU's defense is THE BEST in the BG12 or at least second best for 2018!!

VS
my actual quote,
I think our D could be in the top 1/2 of the Big 12 this year...
Oh yeah, potentially top 1/2 of 10 = guaranteed #1 out of 10. DERP! DERP!

Case closed with extreme prejudice!

You really are a moronic dumbass aren't you? All along I've been thinking you're just a morally bankrupt, intellectually dishonest, purposefully douchey jackass, but you're really just dumber than a doorknob AND have no morals or intellectual integrity.

Bingo... perfect description of kuco.

#2030477 - 05/01/18 10:08 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Doing the Trump double down now?

The defense for 2018 is either 1st or 2nd best in the conference for 2018 per kman quote. 2018 is in the future, so it's your opinion (for 2018 potential) for kiss-assery of DB by kman_blue. BTW, I could totally agree with your ass-essment of the offense created by DB.

So who is defending DB? With a blue butt kissing special? Bingo... perfect description...none other than kman_blue...

But enough about kman, let's get back to DB's integrity of creating schollies for 2 years or less players from year one to today. He told us something different would be happening.

#2030492 - 05/01/18 06:17 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The defense for 2018 is either 1st or 2nd best in the conference for 2018 per kman quote. 2018 is in the future, so it's your opinion (for 2018 potential) for kiss-assery of DB by kman_blue. BTW, I could totally agree with your ass-essment of the offense created by DB.

So who is defending DB? With a blue butt kissing special? Bingo... perfect description...none other than kman_blue...

But enough about kman, let's get back to DB's integrity of creating schollies for 2 years or less players from year one to today. He told us something different would be happening.
Let's get back to discussing the upcoming season which, unlike you, was what K-Man was discussing.

#2030495 - 05/01/18 07:46 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

So who is defending DB? With a blue butt kissing special? Bingo... perfect description...none other than kman_blue...loving the defensive scheme for 2018 so much that we should be in the top 1/2 in the BG12. WOW! That's one big sloppy kiss for DB.

Let's get back to discussing the upcoming season which, unlike you, was what K-Man was discussing.
I agree with 58, vehemently disagree we will have #1-2 defense in our conference. No more azz kisser news.

#2030504 - 05/02/18 11:15 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If you can't tell the difference between thinking there is potential to be in the top 1/2 of a 10 team conference on D (I'll help you out here, that means anywhere from 1-5) and guaranteeing #1 (or even #2) out of 10 teams, then I can't help you, nor can anyone else. You either have a severe mental deficiency or you're being purposefully intellectually dishonest.

I used to think it was just the latter, but now I think it's the former combined with the latter. This current line of posts by you is perfect proof of that.

#2030505 - 05/02/18 11:21 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: 58hawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

He's 100% without a doubt incapable of that. Everything has to be couched as either outright constant bitc|hing and moaning about the current coaches and/or AD or it's seen as ass kissing defense of those in charge per him. There's no such thing as objective talk about anything at all related to the players, team, upcoming season, or anything else to do with KU football in his eyes.

Barry Sanders could be on the team right now and to say you thought he looked like a really good RB would be attacked by him as ass kissing sunshine pumping for "DB regime". That's how F'ed in the head he is about it all.

#2030508 - 05/02/18 11:54 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
to be fair, kman, most j'hawk fans feel the same way. the fbi thing on the hoops side has only exacerbated the negativity surrounding ku football.

#2030509 - 05/02/18 11:56 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Let's get back to discussing the upcoming season

Barry Sanders could be on the team right now and to say you thought he looked like a really good RB would be attacked by him as ass kissing sunshine pumping for "DB regime". That's how F'ed in the head he is about it all.
"Sanders didn't just rewrite the NCAA record book in 1988, he took a flamethrower to it. Sanders set 34 NCAA records that season on his way to capturing the Heisman Trophy. He also rushed for 2,628 yards and 37 touchdowns, while adding two special-teams scores. The NCAA didn't begin including bowl game statistics until 2002, but with 222 yards and five touchdowns in the Holiday Bowl against Wyoming, he totaled 2,850 yards ..." We have Barry Sanders now? (ASS KISSING).

Positive David Beaty would keep him on the bench. (BEATCHING)

Hopefully, I fulfilled kman's only two options for his/my posting.

#2030531 - 05/02/18 03:56 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tmcats
to be fair, kman, most j'hawk fans feel the same way. the fbi thing on the hoops side has only exacerbated the negativity surrounding ku football.
Wrong again. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. "The FBI Thing" has nothing to do with the program or university.

#2030534 - 05/02/18 04:47 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Wrong again. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. "The FBI Thing" has nothing to do with the program or university.
Totally Agree 58. Bob has been melting down lately like The Wicked Witch...

#2030546 - 05/03/18 01:49 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita

What? I have not heard that from anyone. Plus it makes no sense in the first place.

#2030558 - 05/03/18 10:11 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1

What? I have not heard that from anyone. Plus it makes no sense in the first place.

you have not heard what?

#2030565 - 05/03/18 11:06 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: beenahawk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

the fbi thing on the hoops side has only exacerbated the negativity surrounding ku football. Source?

#2030567 - 05/03/18 11:17 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: moose1

you have not heard what?
"most j'hawk fans feel the same way." and "the football negativity" are both highly questionable opinions from a KSU follower. Mainly tmcats making shi/t up again.

#2030570 - 05/03/18 11:28 AM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: 58hawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

the fbi thing on the hoops side has only exacerbated the negativity surrounding ku football. Source?

keegan's column.

#2030603 - 05/03/18 07:10 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Keegan isn't exactly popular around here.

#2030607 - 05/03/18 07:30 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

keegan's column.

Which column is that? As far as my Jayhawk friends go the FBI thing is mildly troubling but overall not a big deal.

#2030638 - 05/04/18 01:20 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

ku slump column

The spring kicked off in celebratory fashion with the Jayhawks defeating Duke in a classic overtime Elite Eight game, sending Bill Self to the Final Four for the third time.

Even that feel-good accomplishment had water thrown on it in the form of a federal indictment alleging that Adidas arranged for a parent of one KU player and a guardian of another to receive a combined $130,000. The indictment did not name the players, but included enough details to make it clear that Billy Preston and Silvio De Sousa were the recruits referenced. They played in a combined 20 games, all by De Sousa. That works out to $6,500 per game.

#2030641 - 05/04/18 02:51 PM Re: WTF? Scholarship limits! [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

ku slump column

The spring kicked off in celebratory fashion with the Jayhawks defeating Duke in a classic overtime Elite Eight game, sending Bill Self to the Final Four for the third time.

Even that feel-good accomplishment had water thrown on it in the form of a federal indictment alleging that Adidas arranged for a parent of one KU player and a guardian of another to receive a combined $130,000. The indictment did not name the players, but included enough details to make it clear that Billy Preston and Silvio De Sousa were the recruits referenced. They played in a combined 20 games, all by De Sousa. That works out to $6,500 per game.

Football is not mentioned at all. I would say the FBI investigation took some of the joy off the Final 4. It has nothing to do with football. Plus football can't get any worse.

This is a total non-starter, and has nothing to do with anything...then again it is coming from you so of course it has nothing to do with anything.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview