Page 130 of 131 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029055 - 03/19/18 04:43 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! *** [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
He stole money? Source?

Source? The same as Zenger's other misfire hire...WEF contributions and ticket sales!

Of course you do realize dgless was speaking metaphorically, correct?

#2029056 - 03/19/18 04:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
He stole money? Source?

Source? The same as Zenger's other misfire hire...WEF contributions and ticket sales!

Of course you do realize dgless was speaking metaphorically, correct?
OF COURSE!!

#2029057 - 03/19/18 05:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Dgless has been quietly on the sidelines. Couldn’t resist asking him to explain...

#2029058 - 03/19/18 05:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
There's a definition in Merriam Webster.

Steal - to seize, gain, or win by trickery, skill, or daring

Sooooo...yep. Stealing. Further discussions on the English language can be directed to the Merriam Webster customer service department. Edna will be happy to help.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2029075 - 03/20/18 10:29 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I'm more of a urban slang dictionary supporter these days.

Is Edna, yo mama? LOL

#2030062 - 04/14/18 05:46 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Online   content
Max Falkenstien

The Phog is saying we have some more JC OL players coming in from San Mateo CC. One of them is Api Mane and he is listed as a C or OG. Ricker and Meacham are bringing in much heavier OL players than Yenser did.

#2030063 - 04/14/18 06:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
The Phog is saying we have some more JC OL players coming in from San Mateo CC. One of them is Api Mane and he is listed as a C or OG. Ricker and Meacham are bringing in much heavier OL players than Yenser did.
Yeah, they plan on having a more run heavy O this season. Lots more RPO type stuff too it looks like hence why they were out after the best athletic QB's they could find and ended up with Kendrick coming here.

Don't think it'll be a prototypical run first type O though. Think they'll still pass it plenty, but quite a bit off of RPO's rather than strictly designed pass plays with no run option.

Think Meacham wanted to do more of this last year, but didn't in part because of the type of OL we had and also some conflict with the previous OL coach. Ricker and Meacham are on the same page.

#2030071 - 04/14/18 06:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Yeah, they plan on having a more run heavy O this season. Lots more RPO type stuff too it looks like hence why they were out after the best athletic QB's they could find and ended up with Kendrick coming here.

Don't think it'll be a prototypical run first type O though. Think they'll still pass it plenty, but quite a bit off of RPO's rather than strictly designed pass plays with no run option.

Think Meacham wanted to do more of this last year, but didn't in part because of the type of OL we had and also some conflict with the previous OL coach. Ricker and Meacham are on the same page.

Yenser's idea of recruiting smaller OL players was a disaster. I am glad he is gone. The problems we had on OL with protecting the QB early last season played a big part in Bender losing his confidence.

As I recall, when I watched Kendrick's HUDL video his highlights showed he was comfortable passing while running. Obviously Bender couldn't do that last season since he did not scramble when under pressure. Stanley could run but he had to tuck the ball when running. I expected Meacham to adjust the offense to look more like TCU with a QB that was able to run or pass. For that reason, I expect Kendrick to be the starter.

Edited by pizzanbeer (04/14/18 07:29 PM)

#2030127 - 04/15/18 06:41 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Yeah I think Kendrick can use his feet when in trouble. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, the OL will be better.

#2030130 - 04/15/18 07:37 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I wish zombies are able to turn back to humans. Same %

#2030230 - 04/18/18 11:20 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: 58hawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Yeah I think Kendrick can use his feet when in trouble. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, the OL will be better.
Ricker has been getting after the OL guys fairly hard and bringing in several new bodies to strengthen things up as much as possible, so I'm with you in hoping the OL will be better.

Also, think Kendrick throws on the run better than anyone we've had since Jordan Webb and that should help out the OL too.

#2030250 - 04/19/18 06:31 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Here's hoping we go run first and pass second. Running game showed signs of progress last year. Just not sure a full scale Air Raid system is going to work with our personnel.

#2030261 - 04/20/18 11:42 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Here's hoping we go run first and pass second. Running game showed signs of progress last year. Just not sure a full scale Air Raid system is going to work with our personnel.
You do realize Beaty has already said as much about running more, passing less? Do not have to hope about that. Success in running must be what you are wishing for.

#2030262 - 04/20/18 12:16 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You do realize Beaty has already said as much about running more, passing less? Do not have to hope about that. Success in running must be what you are wishing for.
No I hadn't heard that so hope he remains committed.

#2030263 - 04/20/18 01:14 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Here's the story as told by Beaty to Keegan.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2018/apr/0...t-run/?football

Page 130 of 131 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 >

Preview