Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2030003 - 04/13/18 09:20 PM Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk?
KYBLUEBLOOD Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

He supported the team, even went to the FF with good seats. He tried but was ruled ineligible.. Did he qualify for “once a Jayhawk always a Jayhawk”?

Say he blows up and becomes an NBA star, do Kansas fans say “that’s our guy”!
U

Edited by KYBLUEBLOOD (04/14/18 03:37 PM)

#2030004 - 04/13/18 09:32 PM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Yes and yes...

#2030005 - 04/13/18 09:37 PM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Might as well say yes on both accounts, most consider DeShawn Stevenson a Jayhawk even though he never even practiced with the KU team.

#2030006 - 04/13/18 09:49 PM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Yes and yes...

As long as he gets drafted 1st round 2 year guaranteed. Many 2nd founders have teams that will sign them for 2-3. Some only 1.

Best wishes to him, momma gonna get her nails and hair did any time she wants. Bill Self said all the paperwork on the car Preston had was fine and in order, checking on some financing. If the car turns out to be in some runners name, could be problems. Has he not wrecked it no one was even looking into it. If anything it’s nit Self but an assistant coach involved.
If the FBI put Self under oath and ask him about knowing any players getting paid, what do you think he would say? You can go to jail for a lie.

#2030008 - 04/13/18 10:14 PM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Original AFH Gangsta

Now you want Self in jail..lol. Give it a frigging rest will ya..he ain't going nowhere and mighty KU will be just fine and dandy..

#2030015 - 04/13/18 11:47 PM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
As far as KU was concerned, his paperwork was in order. Until the incident, what reason would they have to be suspicious?

I think Self handled the Preston situation flawlessly. He sat him down immediately to avoid having any wins vacated .What could have been a team that didn't even get to play in March ended up being one that went to a Final Four.

If the FBI put Self under oath and ask him about knowing any players getting paid, what do you think he would say? You can go to jail for a lie

He would say what a VAST majority of college coaches would say. But i bet if they asked him if he ever participated in such conduct he would say No.

For the most part, Self runs a clean ship. So did ol' Roy. Unlike Bruce Pearl, etc. But we've gotten to the point everyone can be sullied now..

#2030019 - 04/14/18 03:47 AM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: jahawker2004]
Wilt Chamberlain

The kid came out of Compton. Not many can afford a new Charger might look suspicious. That’s just me though.
Think if the title showed no lien....even a bigger alarm . Momma posting pics from her ride after getting her hair and nails did and tagging him which should make someone from KU to at least think.
Bill Self said they were checking into the loan on the car. They had found a mess, only after he wrecked did anything start as far as digging. No wreck and he would have played.

#2030020 - 04/14/18 08:31 AM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: INation]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: INation
Might as well say yes on both accounts, most consider DeShawn Stevenson a Jayhawk even though he never even practiced with the KU team.

Speak for yourself. I do not consider deshaun stephenson a KANSAS JAYHAWK. I do not consider billy preston a KANSAS JAYHAWK. Why would I?

#2030023 - 04/14/18 09:42 AM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Original AFH Gangsta

Dumb^^^^ I agree about Stevenson but Billy contributed with scoring and grabbing boards against Mizzou in that scrimmage charity event. Thats good enough for me...thank goodness Michhawk stoic asss don't make the rules about these things.

#2030024 - 04/14/18 09:50 AM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

thank goodness Michhawk stoic asss don't make the rules about these things.

I did not know that their is rules for this sort of thing. Learn something new.

We are on romeo langfords final list of 3. If he chooses someone else do we have to consider him a JAYHAWK for life just because we were on his final list of 3. Afterall, he will have contributed just as much to our record books as billy preston.

#2030025 - 04/14/18 10:02 AM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Everything else being equal, at least romeo langford did not get us named(for now) in a federal indictment. That alone puts him ahead of billy preston. So what the heck, NEVER A JAYHAWK ALWAYS A JAYHAWK.

#2030028 - 04/14/18 11:18 AM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: MICHHAWK]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK

We are on romeo langfords final list of 3. If he chooses someone else do we have to consider him a JAYHAWK for life just because we were on his final list of 3. Afterall, he will have contributed just as much to our record books as billy preston.

So wrong and so stupid. Just the fact Preston practiced most of the season on the scout squad made our starting 5 better...that in itself makes him a true Jayhawk. Does your ignorance come naturally or is it something in the Michigan water. Do you live close to Flint...lol.

#2030030 - 04/14/18 11:33 AM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
"Died he qualify for “once a Jayhawk always a Jayhawk”?" - KYdeadhead quote.

Did somebody say "died"?

Freudian slip, I suppose.

#2030050 - 04/14/18 03:49 PM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK

So wrong and so stupid. Just the fact Preston practiced most of the season on the scout squad made our starting 5 better...that in itself makes him a true Jayhawk. Does your ignorance come naturally or is it something in the Michigan water. Do you live close to Flint...lol.

Kentucky fansvand Calipari himself consider Enes Kanter a member of #lafamilia as a UK Wildcat forever. He practiced the WHOLE season, not till mid January or so. Once he was declared ineligible he wasn’t allowed to practice. Cal made him a position as a student and he was permitted to continue. Cal flipped of the NCAA on that. He made Josh Harrelson good enough to get us to a FF and drafted. Had Enes been allowed to play we win the championship. The very next season WVU has a kid from Turkey with the exact same path as Enes. NCAA allowed him to play. F- U Mark Emmett.
Enes still supports his Cats and is a fine NBA player.

#2030052 - 04/14/18 04:31 PM Re: Billy Preston ever a Jayhawk? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Original AFH Gangsta

Zero comparison with that wigger...KY is a wigger and a poosie that I could easily defeat in a fist fight. Heck I can take out your jarhead son...and...

Edited by PHOGUSHER (04/14/18 04:32 PM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview