Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029833 - 04/11/18 02:14 PM His position "has evolved"
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
so now John Boehner is the new face for cannabis legalization. He doesn't have the cred that Snoop Dog or Willie Nelson do but if this is what it takes to move this thing forward then hell yeah.

#2029834 - 04/11/18 02:34 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: parkhawk3319]
mirkin Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Quenemo
Snoop Dogg and Boehner smoke off. That would be a very successful pay per view.

#2029838 - 04/11/18 04:12 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Legalization is bad.

Decriminalization is good.

As always, Boehner is a big government toady.

#2029844 - 04/11/18 04:42 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Jeezus you are a tightass, you should have a drink and mellow out a bit. Keep it illegal in NE if you insist, that has been good for the tourist business in CO. Legalization, regulation, taxation is good.

#2029859 - 04/11/18 10:22 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Maybe you need to look up the definition of the word "decriminalize?"

I can get you a link if you want.

#2029863 - 04/11/18 10:46 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If I am found by police in Nebraska to have 10 grams of cannabis in my possession what happens to me?

Can I open a recreational cannabis dispensary in Nebraska?

Thanks for the clarification.

#2029882 - 04/12/18 03:30 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

I bought you a dickshunary.

#2029884 - 04/12/18 04:33 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: parkhawk3319]
Defixione Offline

I'm not old enough to remember whether alcohol was decriminalized or legalized back in the day. You think no oversight in the sale of drugs is okay or are we going to let the survival of the fittest have their way?

#2029886 - 04/12/18 05:23 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'll help just cuz, well you seem like you need it. In Nebraska there is no criminal charge for the first time small amount of cannabis. It is an infraction so it is a civil issue not criminal. Second offense is criminal and misdemeanor. But I can't buy it from a dispensary in Nebraska or grow it in my home ( like I would own property in NE) and the illicit sales that go on in the state are tax free ( that's good for buyer) and everyone who works i the industry gets paid under the table.

In Colorado I can walk into the Green Solution, purchase an 1/8 of blue dream, wave to the cop in his car across the street as I leave and show him my bag of goodies. The transaction is taxed, there is good quality control, thousands of jobs are added to tax rolls and everyone is smirking and happy.

So back to your premise Mr Webster, why is decriminalization good, legalization bad?

#2029892 - 04/12/18 06:28 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: parkhawk3319]
imzcount Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: az
We live in AZ,wife has a medical marijuana card, she uses the gummies to sleep at night and she sleeps like a baby for for 8 hours, also helps her back pain. It's a godsend. So I believe it's good for medical reasons, but don't see the need to getting stoned for recreational purposes. To each his own.
I guess getting stoned is ok as long as it doesn't interfere with work productivity, marital relations, health reasons,etc...etc...I've smoked it a few times but can't stand inhaling that crap into my lungs.
https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

#2029895 - 04/12/18 07:11 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: imzcount]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You should evolve, try your wife's gummies.

I like gummies for backpacking trips. After climbing for 5 hours with a 50 pound pack on my feet are sore, my knees are sore and it is hard to sleep at 11,000 ft the first night. My legs feel better and it reduces inflammation and I sleep like a baby. I used to bring a flask of port with me for the trips but this is much lighter to carry and takes care of what ails me better.

At home I prefer a vape, no smoke just vapor. Less harsh and faster acting than edibles. As I get older I don't enjoy getting really stoned any more than I enjoy getting really drunk. When I drink it is mostly 1 beer maybe 2, same for vaping. 2 hits of blue dream and I'm good. Moderation is the key. After the 8 hour drive to Denver I used to have a beer after the drive, a little presidential kush is much better for my aching back. I am not giving up beer but for aches and pains and just hanging out listening to music, cannabis is better.

Edited by parkhawk3319 (04/12/18 07:12 PM)

#2029897 - 04/12/18 07:46 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: Defixione]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Originally Posted By: Defixione
I'm not old enough to remember whether alcohol was decriminalized or legalized back in the day. You think no oversight in the sale of drugs is okay or are we going to let the survival of the fittest have their way?

No. That's what they have in California, where the taxes and fees on the sale on marijuana have ensured that a black market still exists and is still criminally operated.

Someday,a guy will be trying to make a buck, selling pot loosies without a tax stamp and when the police enforce the taxman's demands, the seller will resist and die. And then the damn dirty hippies will blame the cops.

#2029899 - 04/12/18 09:10 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

And in the Ozarks they are still making moonshine and selling it in jars. Alcohol taxes do not ensure there will be a black market. No matter what you do there will probably be a black market because it can be made at home cheap and sold for profit and certain illicit activities are considered part of the culture. But when I can get it at the liquor store without any fear of dealing with criminals or legal hassles or going blind, most of us say why bother. Besides moonshiners don't make 90 Minute IPAs.

Every state with legal cannabis still has a black market. There was a whole industry of small growers who made their living selling this stuff before it became legal. You didn't think they were just going to all quit and start flipping burgers when it became legal did you? And they can't all get licensed to grow weed now. So yeah there is still a black market, but that does not negate the good that comes from a legal regulated market. As time goes by the market will adapt.

And if cops don't want to get yelled at by hippies they should just not kill people for using their cell phones in their backyards at night. That's not much to ask really.

#2029908 - 04/12/18 10:58 PM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

I'm also opposed to "legalization" on ideological grounds.

Taxation is theft.

I don't think you realize the scope of the regulation in California or the size of the black market.

But then, it's ideological for you too.

#2029910 - 04/13/18 06:47 AM Re: His position "has evolved" [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Being a tightass is not ideological, it is physiological. You should get sphincter enlargement surgery.

I realize how large California black market is, and how large the Colorado black market is. And I explained why it is still there. You don't close down the supply for 80% of the country by making it legal in a couple of states. The rest of the country still wants weed and we can't all get it all from the legal dispensaries. Legalize it nationwide, except for a few dry states like NE, OK, SD and KS; just so the ideologically pure can have a safe place to live.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview