Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029791 - 04/10/18 08:27 PM FBI investigation? What in the tarnation
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

[url=Josh Jackson and others $$$]http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article208515439.html[/url]

No way Self knew, even though he’s good friends with the Adidas cash man.

#2029792 - 04/10/18 08:30 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Lol...crooked Cal fan talking legal crap...hilarious.

#2029793 - 04/10/18 08:33 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

McLemore got some benefits, but that was buried. Self and coaches don’t notice a player driving a nice ride or momma suddenly has gold teeth? 😂

#2029794 - 04/10/18 10:10 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Your dumb..and almost taking a dirt nap. If you are just here to flame anymore I am positive I could get you banned. Now what shall it be...pucker up buttercup..

#2029795 - 04/10/18 11:01 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You can take it. It’s a matter of time before the FBI goes after Nike. Maybe

They are missing out on these terrorist in the country even when people report them. Too busy nosing around basketball. There was 0 doubt Preston was on the take. He had a YouTube video begging for a Kentucky offer. Cal avoided him. No offer I know of.

Edited by KYBLUEBLOOD (04/10/18 11:03 PM)

#2029796 - 04/10/18 11:28 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

They are saying De Sousa and another current player. I don’t think the NCAA will take away games and the FF. Possibly ruled ineligible now though. I told you about Preston and you busted my balls. He and his mom couldn’t help posting pics of nice new shiny things.
DeSousa guardian got 20k. Parents moving to Lawrence, if they use strict liability, they will say Self should have known. Hell, everyone else did to be honest.

#2029797 - 04/11/18 02:02 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Normally I like you. But your constant bombardment of KU is getting old ya too fast
Cal has cheated much more and many of his past games have been vacated with Mempiss/UMass. It is just a matter of time Big Blue Toothless Nation is caught also. Your ramblings about Preston is useless because he didn't play one minute in the regular season. Now lets nail that coffin...mmmkay..

#2029798 - 04/11/18 08:15 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
The only reason UK can talk is because somehow Nike has somehow remained untouched in this ordeal.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2029799 - 04/11/18 08:24 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: dgless21]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Big time athletics at the power 5 level is a dirty business. Depending on who knew what and when, this could set us back.

#2029803 - 04/11/18 08:48 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

At the very least we lose DeSousa and maybe the chance at Langford. Also maybe all the games Silvio played in also vacated. Might even jerk our conference tournament title and F4 banner away. That would truly suk. Someone on Self's staff isn't doing their job checking these kids out. Pisses me off.

#2029805 - 04/11/18 09:46 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Truthfully, Preston who fortunately never played was obvious. Should have never offered him. Everyone on the coast knew they were shipping him. When you see a talent like that who posted a video begging for a UK offer and Cal shy’s away, should be the biggest sign.

It goes on everywhere. Why do they not touch big football?

#2029807 - 04/11/18 10:04 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: dgless21]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Seems to me we should use this as our grounds to break our contract with adidas. I will be surprised and disappointed if we don't.

#2029808 - 04/11/18 10:17 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
At the very least we lose DeSousa and maybe the chance at Langford. Also maybe all the games Silvio played in also vacated. Might even jerk our conference tournament title and F4 banner away. That would truly suk. Someone on Self's staff isn't doing their job checking these kids out. Pisses me off.
Someone on Self's staff isn't doing their job checking these kids out. Pisses me off. +1 on that Phog.

#2029809 - 04/11/18 10:33 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: 58hawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Someone on Self's staff isn't doing their job checking these kids out. Pisses me off. +1 on that Phog.

Well I dont know if you are being sarcastic with your reply. But the bottom line is someone on his staff hasnt been checking these kids out thoroughly...Self has always ran a semi loose ship. It was eventually going to catch up with him....again pisses me off....

#2029810 - 04/11/18 10:35 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
Truthfully, Preston who fortunately never played was obvious. Should have never offered him. Everyone on the coast knew they were shipping him. When you see a talent like that who posted a video begging for a UK offer and Cal shy’s away, should be the biggest sign.

It goes on everywhere. Why do they not touch big football?

Damn you repeat yourself a lot. Signs of mental disability....

#2029811 - 04/11/18 10:49 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No one from the University is named in the indictment. No one from the Athletic Department is named in the indictment. No one from the coaching staff is named in the indictment. The only parties named are adidas employees and parents/guardians.

Until I hear otherwise I will assume the University, the AD and the coaching staff are NOT involved in these wrongdoings.

#2029812 - 04/11/18 10:53 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

It doesnt matter if they knew or not. If Silvio situation bares true all games he played in can or may be vacated. Hence no 14th Conference Title and no Final 4. I hope and pray this is avoided...

#2029814 - 04/11/18 11:15 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It doesnt matter if they knew or not. If Silvio situation bares true all games he played in can or may be vacated. Hence no 14th Conference Title and no Final 4. I hope and pray this is avoided...

That is all outside of my control. So I will spend almost no time fretting about it.

Every spring we are treated to nonsense. This spring might shape up to be more nonsensical than most.

Big time athletics at the power 5 level is a dirty business.

#2029815 - 04/11/18 11:31 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: MICHHAWK]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The University and the Athletic Department and HCBS have had ample time to digest the report from yesterday late afternoon. I look forward to some kind of statement from somebody pretty quick. Even if that statement is "we have no statement at this time."

#2029816 - 04/11/18 11:42 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol....ok then...

#2029819 - 04/11/18 11:56 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn

do you know how silly that statement reads when viewed through an objective lense? you seriously think ku coaches haven't built these relationships for this very recruiting purpose? woof.

#2029821 - 04/11/18 12:06 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Go away you crusty ancient dusty old fart...die...DIE..look at that through your fuking objective lens ya dang jerk...

Edited by PHOGUSHER (04/11/18 12:07 PM)

#2029822 - 04/11/18 12:08 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Go away you crusty ancient dusty old fart...die...DIE..look at that through your fuking objective lens ya dang jerk...

i'm actually waiting to see if there are any adults like me atop mt. oreo. #victim

#2029823 - 04/11/18 12:50 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk

Well I dont know if you are being sarcastic with your reply. But the bottom line is someone on his staff hasnt been checking these kids out thoroughly...Self has always ran a semi loose ship. It was eventually going to catch up with him....again pisses me off....
No, not at all. I thought you bring up a good point.

#2029826 - 04/11/18 01:17 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: MICHHAWK]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
No one from the University is named in the indictment. No one from the Athletic Department is named in the indictment. No one from the coaching staff is named in the indictment. The only parties named are adidas employees and parents/guardians.

Until I hear otherwise I will assume the University, the AD and the coaching staff are NOT involved in these wrongdoings.
This is the only adult posting here so far. Not far from the truth when it’s all said and done.

#2029830 - 04/11/18 01:57 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: MICHHAWK]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you're generally a bit more circumspect than to write something that says essentially that we are hiding behind the law in spite of the obvious connections.

#2029832 - 04/11/18 02:10 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Big time athletics at the power 5 level is a dirty business.

#2029836 - 04/11/18 03:33 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
hiding behind the law ???

What does that even mean? Has the boot black on your tongue from your time spent at Tiggerboard made you daft? I wonder if Adidas pays off the refs before every game? Looks like FBI wiretaps did not pick up any KU coaches or staff involved in payments. Until we hear otherwise we will continue to bask in the glory of this year and look forward to next. Thanks for checking up on us, we are fine and you are still stuck with Bruce Weber.

#2029837 - 04/11/18 03:38 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
oldalum Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I don't understand what you think Self and his staff could have done to check recruits out more carefully. Do they go into a recruit's home and say, "By the way, do you have any bribery deals going on with any shoe companies?" Innocent ones would be so insulted they'd drop KU as a possibility, and guilty ones would lie. How is it you think they should check out recruits more closely? This is a sincere question. I can't think of any good way to do it.

#2029842 - 04/11/18 04:30 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Michhawk is the only adult..please Kookoo. So wrong about that. ...are you 2 gay cagey lovers...lol..although there is nothing wrong with that...ewwwww.

#2029847 - 04/11/18 05:19 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: tmcats
you're generally a bit more circumspect than to write something that says essentially that we are hiding behind the law in spite of the obvious connections.

KU is guilty until proven innocent, right, Bob?

I'd certainly trust the failed politician on this one, guys.

#2029849 - 04/11/18 05:38 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: oldalum]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: oldalum
I don't understand what you think Self and his staff could have done to check recruits out more carefully. Do they go into a recruit's home and say, "By the way, do you have any bribery deals going on with any shoe companies?" Innocent ones would be so insulted they'd drop KU as a possibility, and guilty ones would lie. How is it you think they should check out recruits more closely? This is a sincere question. I can't think of any good way to do it.

Sometimes checking social media or something as simple as walking through the parking lot of the team and saying Wow! Nice new car! Why’s momma posting pics cruising around in a Mercedes? Then others may be slick. Nothing will happen unless the Adidas money man Grotto or whatever gets squeezed with jail time. SOB will sing like a bird. PHOG would.

Preston came to many games decked out with $500 dollar shades and enough gold hanging off his neck, Mr T would have been impressed. That might make a coach ask, son you lived in the hood in Compton, where did all the BS come from?

Edited by KYBLUEBLOOD (04/11/18 06:10 PM)

#2029851 - 04/11/18 06:43 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
oldalum Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Preston isn't the issue. They held him out of all games. I'm talking about Josh or whoever it is from a year ago.

#2029852 - 04/11/18 06:49 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You must have some kinda fancy ass HDTV if you can tell the brand of a kid's glasses and tell whether on not a gold chain is fake by looking at it on the screen. You seem to be really good at identifying trouble. If only you had been around to help Cal realize that Marcus Camby and Worldwide Wes were trouble before all that went down. But I guess they didn't have HDTV back then so there's that.

#2029853 - 04/11/18 07:22 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319
hiding behind the law ???

What does that even mean?

is often the case that people like you and a few others here will claim cleanliness based on not breaking the law all the while violating every ethical norm surrounding the subject of recruiting. tax avoidance isn't against the law either nor is flipping off a cop, which is rather appropriate here. no, you won't go to jail for creating a stench that causes others to vomit.

#2029854 - 04/11/18 08:43 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: oldalum

Sometimes checking social media or something as simple as walking through the parking lot of the team and saying Wow! Nice new car! Why’s momma posting pics cruising around in a Mercedes? Then others may be slick. Nothing will happen unless the Adidas money man Grotto or whatever gets squeezed with jail time. SOB will sing like a bird. PHOG would.

Preston came to many games decked out with $500 dollar shades and enough gold hanging off his neck, Mr T would have been impressed. That might make a coach ask, son you lived in the hood in Compton, where did all the BS come from?

Phog could definitely fuk you up. Go away troll...ya talking smack when the coach of your underachieving Pooooseycats have been caught cheating twice with2 different programs. You are no longer welcome here or a friend of mine. Old sickly trolls eventually go away I guess.

#2029856 - 04/11/18 09:37 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Well aren't you a sanctimonious drama queen. You kicked the [censored] out of that straw man; you go champ. Next time maybe you can throw in burning the flag. If the "stench" of sports makes you want to vomit why do you watch?

#2029857 - 04/11/18 09:51 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: parkhawk3319]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You must have some kinda fancy ass HDTV if you can tell the brand of a kid's glasses and tell whether on not a gold chain is fake by looking at it on the screen. You seem to be really good at identifying trouble. If only you had been around to help Cal realize that Marcus Camby and Worldwide Wes were trouble before all that went down. But I guess they didn't have HDTV back then so there's that.

I can even tell Momma’s white Mercedes as well.
Want another? Cliff Alexander. 7 siblings, very poor family, yet somehow family moved to Lawrence from a Chicago and attended games in Hawaii or Orlando. Something a coach might say hmmm. Ok.

#2029858 - 04/11/18 10:05 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You seem to spend a lot of time keeping track of the lives of other people and thier kids.

Do you have an opinion on the thickness of the hull of the Titanic, Captain Hindsight?

#2029861 - 04/11/18 10:32 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

There was 0 doubt Preston was on the take. He had a YouTube video begging for a Kentucky offer. Cal avoided him.

I guess some are just too good to avoid?

#2029862 - 04/11/18 10:39 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ky has lost it...perhaps the doctors are telling him he doesn't have much time left. So he is getting his shots in on old KU while he can. Kinda feel sorry for the troll..he keeps rambling about Preston who actually didn't play one frigging regular season minute for KU. So what is his agenda. I guess if Kansas is accused and properly punished he can be buried happily with his boots on..lol.

#2029865 - 04/11/18 11:31 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Lol.

Thank the good lord, DeSousa’s guardian said he got nothing and he takes his advice from Larry Brown who is beyond reproach.

#2029866 - 04/11/18 11:48 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

There you go...hey wasn't Cal mentored by Larry also...why yes I believe he was...lol.

#2029867 - 04/12/18 12:00 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2029870 - 04/12/18 08:38 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2029871 - 04/12/18 08:42 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Good one park..yet KYjelly will still talk crap about our Jayhawks. Makes me sad for the delusional sucka

#2029872 - 04/12/18 09:52 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Coaches like Self, Calipari, K etc do not reach the level they are at being dumb to how it works with the shoe companies.

I had offers for paid tuition and not only for my student athlete son at the time, but my others could go as well. Everything he needed paid for. OJ Mayo attended this religious, private school. They sponsored an AAU team that my son did joined and played a year. He played in the National Championship games, winning till a Memphis team blowed their doors off. I thought hard about it for all my children but I thought it sent the wrong messsge to them, so they never attended the school. They started recruiting my son from a Little League baseball field. It went on that long. Now if he had been on the level of these players and someone hands me 20k - 200k.....I’m taking it. Lol

#2029873 - 04/12/18 10:03 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Coaches like Self, Calipari, K etc do not reach the level they are at being dumb to how it works with the shoe companies.

I had offers for paid tuition and not only for my student athlete son at the time, but my others could go as well. Everything he needed paid for. OJ Mayo attended this religious, private school. They sponsored an AAU team that my son did joined and played a year. He played in the National Championship games, winning till a Memphis team blowed their doors off. I thought hard about it for all my children but I thought it sent the wrong messsge to them, so they never attended the school. They started recruiting my son from a Little League baseball field. It went on that long. Now if he had been on the level of these players and someone hands me 20k - 200k.....I’m taking it. Lol
That sounds too good to be accurate. That means you are bull sh*tting us to make YOU feel better. Go tell Calipari that he is Bill Self's peer and he will laugh in your face. Jesuus...

#2029874 - 04/12/18 10:29 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Remember when Cal's best UK player, Anthony Davis, was accused of taking 200k to go to UK, but it was swept under the rug?

Remember when they reported that his daddy asked three separate schools for $125k+?

Just because the FBI didn't investigate it doesn't mean it never happened.

#2029875 - 04/12/18 11:00 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: dgless21]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Remember when a KU player was accused of sexual harassment in an elevator or a player kicked a girl in the face. Another damaging and threatening a young lady, $hit happens. They are young and dumb.

#2029876 - 04/12/18 11:02 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: dgless21]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Remember when Cal's best UK player, Anthony Davis, was accused of taking 200k to go to UK, but it was swept under the rug?

Remember when they reported that his daddy asked three separate schools for $125k+?

Just because the FBI didn't investigate it doesn't mean it never happened.

I’m old enough to remember everyone saying TRob was better and would have a better NBA career. 200k? A bargain. KU was recruiting him too, got outbid.

#2029877 - 04/12/18 11:18 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

That sounds too good to be accurate. That means you are bull sh*tting us to make YOU feel better. Go tell Calipari that he is Bill Self's peer and he will laugh in your face. Jesuus...

Well, you will really $hit when I tell you he also played in the AABC World Series the prior week. Teams from all over the USA. We would get a crowd when he pitched. In high schiool he had 2 former MLB pitchers work with him. Had a wicked slider. QB on the football team, he was/is an excellent athlete. Was getting college offers from 10-11 grade. I don’t know why he chose to go into the Marines. PS, met UK football staff at one point and went thru a camp they had for chosen players. I wish he had stuck to baseball, good pitcher or excellent at SS or 3rd. I miss it, one of the moments I liked the best was when he got beamed really good and when he went out to pitch, the forner Reds/Yankees pitcher told him to drill the first batter up. PHOG is old enough to name the forner big league pitcher. that went from the Refs to the Yankees.

#2029878 - 04/12/18 11:29 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

So you agree then agree then that if Cal "avoided him" it was probably because he didn't think he needed him, not due to some sort of ethical line he wouldn't cross. But for good measure trash the kid and throw Cliff Alexander under the bus for good measure, nice.

Since we old farts like to give rambling pontifications…..back in 1964 my dad was a struggling dental student in KC having recently move here from LA. He loved basketball and because he lived in LA the UCLA Bruins were his team. On the night of the NCAA Championship game at Municipal Auditorium he went after class and bought a ticket at the door for $4 to see John Wooden win his first NCAA title. He had just enough time to see the game and then get to his night job working in the ACME brickyard. The ticket wasn't much money even back then, but we lived in the hood and went out to eat only on Sunday after mass at Mickey D's so it was probably the equivalent of the family extra money for the week, he probably caught hell from my mom. He loved the game and catching hell was worth it. 54 years later my daughter got to meet Chad Smith in Chicago while the KU band played at the UK game and she got so say "Rock Chalk" to Charles Barkley at the Alamodome before the band went out to play for the extravaganza that is now the Final Four. No chance I was going to buy tickets for that game. Sports has changed, not just college but pro, high school and little league. Sports is a big money entertainment business in the US of A. If the introduction of money and TV spoils your love for the game and enjoyment of watching exceptional athletes do great things, that's OK. Maybe you could turn off your TV and get yourself a steel hoop and a stick and spend your time rolling that thing up and down the street in front of your house. Or you could always sit out in the backyard and watch the grass grow and "member the good old days". Maybe watching sports just isn't good for your blood pressure or your anger/jealousy management program. Me, like my dad, I just love watching the game and athletes doing amazing things.

With regards to kids taking money. I do have an idea of what it is like to eat fried Spam for every meal except Sunday lunch and having to clear the "rolly polly" bugs from the tub before we could take a bath. I have woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of gunshots on the street in front of the house. There is a lot of money being made by a lot of people in sports and these kids and their parents want a piece of the pie and a chance to change their life. I can't fault them for that. The money doesn't decrease my appreciation of Anthony Davis or Michael Beasley or Silvio DeSousa's game. I got outta the hood when my dad graduated from dental school. Some of these kids only chance of getting out is either through sports or winning the lottery. Not sure which is longer odds but I won't fault them for taking a shot with either.

If you want to lecture me on the value of your personal ethical/purity code for sports, save your breath. I don't care and I still hate Grayson Allen.

#2029879 - 04/12/18 12:16 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

KY has no ethics...he is old...he is miserable..and his health is fleeting. Kansaa has beaten his boys what now...3 or 4 straight so he is throwing the only ammo he thinks he can our way. Let him troll..not saying I want it to happen but he probably won't make it through the 18/19 season...

#2029880 - 04/12/18 01:35 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

He's been posting from his grave, alongside his still out back, since last week. Just say'n...

He'll run out of air and electricity in a bit.

#2029888 - 04/12/18 05:52 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: parkhawk3319]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

PHOG, Preston is a good player and a fine kid. Cal avoided him because of his mother and Preston as well liked to show off expensive things that kids from Compton wouldn’t have until they made the NBA. Word was they were on the take well before Kansas. I doubt Self knew, but those assistants and compliance make good money to not check social media or talk to their connections. Had they not tried to act like Kardashians, he probably gets recruited heavily. You take that cash, pay your bills and lay low.

#2029889 - 04/12/18 05:56 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

KY is choking out his final words on this website while covered for his dirt nap finale. Impressive

#2029890 - 04/12/18 06:03 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

KY has no ethics...he is old...he is miserable..and his health is fleeting. Kansaa has beaten his boys what now...3 or 4 straight so he is throwing the only ammo he thinks he can our way. Let him troll..not saying I want it to happen but he probably won't make it through the 18/19 season...

What are we 22/-8 or 22-9 vs Kansas? Lol. Plus the big one in 2012. No one is promised another minute, I’m on the comeback trail. I’ve lived through more National Championships than KU has ever won. Until KU gets up to 5-6 NC, no one takes them too seriously. Old Calhoun and Roy have won 3.
Kidding you though, I like and follow KU,even that “football” team. Do you see improvement there this year? We will have a better team than last year but the schedule breaks into the Alabama, LSU’s of the conference.

Cal signed the #1 point guard in 2019 and going after #2 hard Wanting then to reclassify.
Calipari was mad at that people thought he had lost his mojo, so he’s handling much more of the recruiting himself. Two 5* this week. More coming.

#2029891 - 04/12/18 06:21 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: parkhawk3319]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I hate Grayson Allan as well. I’m all for paying these families or like Cal said put the money up for them or let them.borrow against future earnings. I’m well aware of the conditions some of these kids live in. Was it Rose or Wall that said Coach Cal was the only one who would come into their hoods for a home visit? Maybe both.. Many have a problem with Cal as he wants to win championships, but he is more interested in getting kids drafted and chance the cycle of poverty for the families, than building for experience. . He’s weird. He goes to church everyday. If we have an away game at an unfamiliar place, someone has the job of finding a smaller Catholic Church so he can go Maybe he figures if he cheats he gets forgiveness and has 0 respect for NCAA . Makes 8 million a year not counting his endorsements. I don’t think he cares.
He and his wife tried to get approval from the NCAA that would let them pay for the college education of the children of every player he has coached at UMass, Memphis, and UK Of course the NCAA said no, “he could use it for a recruiting advantage “ He said other coaches have made serious money, why. It then too? I do think he loves the players and they show it back.

#2029894 - 04/12/18 07:05 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Why do you need so much text to say so little?

#2029896 - 04/12/18 07:24 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Here's the what bothers me about the possibility of NCAA sanctions in these deals. These players amateur status were cleared by the NCAA. Unless coaches or university employees are involved with the illicit transactions, how are the schools supposed to vet these guys? They can't demand parents or guardians to turn over all their financials to a forensic accountant and look for something fishy. The players and parents/guardians are asked questions about amateur status and are expected to answer truthfully. The schools can't help it if these people lied.

Also don't tell me that Addidas is dirty and Nike and Underarmour ar clean or that KU is dirty and Duke and Kentucky are clean.

#2029903 - 04/12/18 10:25 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: AlOerter]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Here's the what bothers me about the possibility of NCAA sanctions in these deals. These players amateur status were cleared by the NCAA. Unless coaches or university employees are involved with the illicit transactions, how are the schools supposed to vet these guys? They can't demand parents or guardians to turn over all their financials to a forensic accountant and look for something fishy. The players and parents/guardians are asked questions about amateur status and are expected to answer truthfully. The schools can't help it if these people lied.

Also don't tell me that Addidas is dirty and Nike and Underarmour ar clean or that KU is dirty and Duke and Kentucky are clean.

Not saying that at all. You know they do it. Adidas has to repay the Under Armour rep for money they had paid Preston. It’s hard telling how much the Preston’s made between the two. He never played though. DeSousa might be a problem, will be interesting if Self keeps him around . Larry Brown being the guardians friend and advisor probably hurts more than helps with the NCAA. They should tell them to shut up. By rules he is ineligible whether the staff knew or not. A few weeks ago during tournament, Cal said they need some protection for coaches. They can be clean yet get hammered. The NCAA report said Cal was a victim at UMass, their FF cane down and 4 games vacated.

#2029904 - 04/12/18 10:27 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: dgless21]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Don’t read it. Pretty simple. Isn’t it.

#2029907 - 04/12/18 10:57 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

As the air & electricity start leaving his chamber below ground. RIP

Flies circling

#2029909 - 04/13/18 02:24 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

What are we 22/-8 or 22-9 vs Kansas? Lol. Plus the big one in 2012. No one is promised another minute, I’m on the comeback trail. I’ve lived through more National Championships than KU has ever won. Until KU gets up to 5-6 NC, no one takes them too seriously. Old Calhoun and Roy have won 3.
Kidding you though, I like and follow KU,even that “football” team. Do you see improvement there this year? We will have a better team than last year but the schedule breaks into the Alabama, LSU’s of the conference.

Cal signed the #1 point guard in 2019 and going after #2 hard Wanting then to reclassify.
Calipari was mad at that people thought he had lost his mojo, so he’s handling much more of the recruiting himself. Two 5* this week. More coming.

Is this tired old man still ranting. Its all about what you have done lately. Kansas has won 4 straight vs your pansy team. Your fuking court is named after a KU alumni. Your current coach was taught the game by an ex KU ex coach. Try to keep up hillbilly.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (04/13/18 02:26 AM)

#2029911 - 04/13/18 08:57 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

3 straight or have you lost what little mind you had left older man. 22-9 and 8 NC > 3 .

Saw Self answering a question about this and he actually is physically sweating, running down his neck. Look up the video. Not poking fun but his stutter sounded like an old V8 engine with 2 plugs missing 😂

#2029912 - 04/13/18 08:59 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Flies circling

What kind of flies underground?

#2029913 - 04/13/18 10:21 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I’ll throw you an underhanded pitch guys, here is Calipari interviewing Phil Knight. (Founder Nike) Calipari calls him his Godfather, the boss of all bosses. Cal claims he makes no decisions without Knights approval.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cal-cast/id1184594959?mt=2&i=1000379456422

#2029914 - 04/13/18 10:31 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

3 straight or have you lost what little mind you had left older man. 22-9 and 8 NC > 3 .

Saw Self answering a question about this and he actually is physically sweating, running down his neck. Look up the video. Not poking fun but his stutter sounded like an old V8 engine with 2 plugs missing 😂

I could beat you down like a clown...my ticker is fine and not battery powered like yours. Your true troll colors are coming out. So keep it up ya limp wristed fool...you will be banned..

#2029915 - 04/13/18 10:54 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Then you would pretty much be alone here. Banning is for ones that wear the pink poosie hats.

#2029917 - 04/13/18 11:40 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

beas' recruitment by delonte' hill and other like-shenanigans resulted in frank getting run to usc,e. the overriding question today is what ramifications will come from ku's persistent recruiting unpleasantries?

#2029920 - 04/13/18 12:04 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Then you would pretty much be alone here. Banning is for ones that wear the pink poosie hats.

Lol...ok sweet cheeks....but really why are you attacking KU every chance you get. Heck I dont give Kensuck bball that much thought to even insult them....I could but why the effort...Now you care and keep that ticker machine charged up...

#2029925 - 04/13/18 01:02 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Flies circling

Pretty simple. Flies caught in the box that you're in. They land on you, as if you care by then, and lay eggs. Eggs hatch into maggots...and so on.

#2029926 - 04/13/18 01:09 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I love Kansas basketball as my 2nd team. I was hoping they would win it this year really. Guess it’s proof I’m better because I feel well enough to give a hard time here. There is 0 difference in the way our staffs run things. As for some of these kids living in poverty or homeless, who could blame them to not buy in to either of our teams history, desire for championships etc if they can make life easier on their mother? Bledsoe was living in a car st one point with other family members, KU had Traylor. If they got caught taking $ it sucks but for who?
When was the last time you were in San Diego ? Still very nice in places, but watch out for people $hitting behind cars in other areas. It’s a mess out there really.
My son pretty much traveled to all but a few states. I ask him where would he consider the place he would want to live, he said Boise, Idaho. 😂

#2029927 - 04/13/18 01:13 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Flies circling

Pretty simple. Flies caught in the box that you're in. They land on you, as if you care by then, and lay eggs. Eggs hatch into maggots...and so on.

No box for me, burn baby burn. Told my girlfriend to take my ashes and put them in her douche bag and run me through one last time. I’m 57, she’s 32 and hot. Has a 7 yr old but he’s a good kid. Didn’t think I’d be on the ballfields again but maybe it’s a good thing.

Edited by KYBLUEBLOOD (04/13/18 01:16 PM)

#2029928 - 04/13/18 01:33 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

This thread has gone full on phucquetard. Welcome to the off season.

#2029929 - 04/13/18 01:33 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
No box for me, burn baby burn. Told my girlfriend to take my ashes and put them in her douche bag and run me through one last time.

LMAO!

#2029930 - 04/13/18 01:55 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Yep that was pretty funny...lol. And Michhawk your the phuctard with zero sense of humor.

#2029932 - 04/13/18 02:09 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

"Chancellor sees no need for independent investigation of KU Athletics in wake of indictment"

The multi-million dollar deal with Adidas is still going foward.

I happen to agree with the university's position on both topics, but, if you're an outsider looking in, this is not a good look.

#2029940 - 04/13/18 02:34 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: jahawker2004

Where did you hear this?

#2029942 - 04/13/18 02:38 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: jahawker2004]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"Chancellor sees no need for independent investigation of KU Athletics in wake of indictment"

I happen to agree with the university's position on both topics, but, if you're an outsider looking in, this is not a good look.

one could infer that ku is flippin' the middle finger at her critics.

#2029946 - 04/13/18 02:53 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Where did you hear this?

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article208651654.html

#2029948 - 04/13/18 02:56 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Who are these critics that you speak of? misery tiger fans? ksu fans? The other 8 set of fans in the BIG 12? Who? And why should the Chancellor give a $#!t what the rabble thinks.

#2029951 - 04/13/18 03:03 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

That article is a few days old. The quote from Jim Marchiony is from Sept 2017. The information that article is quoting is from fall 2017, way before the other shoe dropped earlier this week.

Our current contract runs through the 2019 season. We have not yet signed the new 14 year extension.

We may or we may not sign the extension. Don't know yet. But that article is quoting old stuff.

#2029954 - 04/13/18 03:05 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

My bad. I've been hospitalized and unable to keep up with the details.

#2029957 - 04/13/18 03:18 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

There has been no official statement from the University regarding adidas since the $#!t hit the fan.

I assume this could be grounds for us to terminate our contract with adidas. But then what. nike and under armor are no less corrupt. They are all dirty.

#2029972 - 04/13/18 05:21 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: MICHHAWK]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Who are these critics that you speak of? misery tiger fans? ksu fans? The other 8 set of fans in the BIG 12? Who? And why should the Chancellor give a $#!t what the rabble thinks.

my goodness.

#2029978 - 04/13/18 06:18 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

DIE MUTHAFUGER..DIE MUTHAFUGER..DIE DIE...whew I feel better.

#2029980 - 04/13/18 06:36 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Hey Gusher this is beneath even you.

#2029995 - 04/13/18 07:34 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: jahawker2004]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"Those Places (UNC, UCLA) Are Great, But There's No Place Like Kansas"
---Larry Brown to Bill Self.

oh, the irony of it all.

#2029997 - 04/13/18 07:37 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Both have hung National Championship banners in Allen Fieldhouse.

Is that the irony you talking about?

#2030002 - 04/13/18 09:07 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Nothing will happen, worst case DeSouss May be declared ineligible.

Coaches need to do like the mafia, instead of phones send a runner to relay info. Let them deliver any cash. Insist the payee doesn’t flash the wealth. Momma had a white Mercedes and showed it off after getting her hair and nails did .

#2030010 - 04/13/18 10:17 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Your loser asss sounds like a broken record..

#2030014 - 04/13/18 11:30 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Nothing will happen, worst case DeSouss May be declared ineligible.

Coaches need to do like the mafia, instead of phones send a runner to relay info. Let them deliver any cash. Insist the payee doesn’t flash the wealth. Momma had a white Mercedes and showed it off after getting her hair and nails did .

What surprised me was how brazen these shoe company reps were in (allegedly) getting the money to the families.

In many of these cases, it was a direct wire transfer. That's a documented transaction with no plausible deniability. Or they flew to meet the parents to deliver the cash. Again, a paper trail.

Are many of them really that stupid? No. It's just so pervasive nowadays it has become almost acceptable.

#2030182 - 04/17/18 11:30 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I imagine the next calendar year or so is going to be fascinating times in the life of the program. Could be a wild ride.

#2030750 - 05/08/18 01:09 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview