Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029871 - 04/12/18 08:42 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Good one park..yet KYjelly will still talk crap about our Jayhawks. Makes me sad for the delusional sucka

#2029872 - 04/12/18 09:52 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Coaches like Self, Calipari, K etc do not reach the level they are at being dumb to how it works with the shoe companies.

I had offers for paid tuition and not only for my student athlete son at the time, but my others could go as well. Everything he needed paid for. OJ Mayo attended this religious, private school. They sponsored an AAU team that my son did joined and played a year. He played in the National Championship games, winning till a Memphis team blowed their doors off. I thought hard about it for all my children but I thought it sent the wrong messsge to them, so they never attended the school. They started recruiting my son from a Little League baseball field. It went on that long. Now if he had been on the level of these players and someone hands me 20k - 200k.....I’m taking it. Lol

#2029873 - 04/12/18 10:03 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
Coaches like Self, Calipari, K etc do not reach the level they are at being dumb to how it works with the shoe companies.

I had offers for paid tuition and not only for my student athlete son at the time, but my others could go as well. Everything he needed paid for. OJ Mayo attended this religious, private school. They sponsored an AAU team that my son did joined and played a year. He played in the National Championship games, winning till a Memphis team blowed their doors off. I thought hard about it for all my children but I thought it sent the wrong messsge to them, so they never attended the school. They started recruiting my son from a Little League baseball field. It went on that long. Now if he had been on the level of these players and someone hands me 20k - 200k.....I’m taking it. Lol
That sounds too good to be accurate. That means you are bull sh*tting us to make YOU feel better. Go tell Calipari that he is Bill Self's peer and he will laugh in your face. Jesuus...

#2029874 - 04/12/18 10:29 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Remember when Cal's best UK player, Anthony Davis, was accused of taking 200k to go to UK, but it was swept under the rug?

Remember when they reported that his daddy asked three separate schools for $125k+?

Just because the FBI didn't investigate it doesn't mean it never happened.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2029875 - 04/12/18 11:00 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

Remember when a KU player was accused of sexual harassment in an elevator or a player kicked a girl in the face. Another damaging and threatening a young lady, $hit happens. They are young and dumb.

#2029876 - 04/12/18 11:02 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Remember when Cal's best UK player, Anthony Davis, was accused of taking 200k to go to UK, but it was swept under the rug?

Remember when they reported that his daddy asked three separate schools for $125k+?

Just because the FBI didn't investigate it doesn't mean it never happened.

I’m old enough to remember everyone saying TRob was better and would have a better NBA career. 200k? A bargain. KU was recruiting him too, got outbid.

#2029877 - 04/12/18 11:18 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD

That sounds too good to be accurate. That means you are bull sh*tting us to make YOU feel better. Go tell Calipari that he is Bill Self's peer and he will laugh in your face. Jesuus...

Well, you will really $hit when I tell you he also played in the AABC World Series the prior week. Teams from all over the USA. We would get a crowd when he pitched. In high schiool he had 2 former MLB pitchers work with him. Had a wicked slider. QB on the football team, he was/is an excellent athlete. Was getting college offers from 10-11 grade. I don’t know why he chose to go into the Marines. PS, met UK football staff at one point and went thru a camp they had for chosen players. I wish he had stuck to baseball, good pitcher or excellent at SS or 3rd. I miss it, one of the moments I liked the best was when he got beamed really good and when he went out to pitch, the forner Reds/Yankees pitcher told him to drill the first batter up. PHOG is old enough to name the forner big league pitcher. that went from the Refs to the Yankees.

#2029878 - 04/12/18 11:29 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
So you agree then agree then that if Cal "avoided him" it was probably because he didn't think he needed him, not due to some sort of ethical line he wouldn't cross. But for good measure trash the kid and throw Cliff Alexander under the bus for good measure, nice.

Since we old farts like to give rambling pontifications…..back in 1964 my dad was a struggling dental student in KC having recently move here from LA. He loved basketball and because he lived in LA the UCLA Bruins were his team. On the night of the NCAA Championship game at Municipal Auditorium he went after class and bought a ticket at the door for $4 to see John Wooden win his first NCAA title. He had just enough time to see the game and then get to his night job working in the ACME brickyard. The ticket wasn't much money even back then, but we lived in the hood and went out to eat only on Sunday after mass at Mickey D's so it was probably the equivalent of the family extra money for the week, he probably caught hell from my mom. He loved the game and catching hell was worth it. 54 years later my daughter got to meet Chad Smith in Chicago while the KU band played at the UK game and she got so say "Rock Chalk" to Charles Barkley at the Alamodome before the band went out to play for the extravaganza that is now the Final Four. No chance I was going to buy tickets for that game. Sports has changed, not just college but pro, high school and little league. Sports is a big money entertainment business in the US of A. If the introduction of money and TV spoils your love for the game and enjoyment of watching exceptional athletes do great things, that's OK. Maybe you could turn off your TV and get yourself a steel hoop and a stick and spend your time rolling that thing up and down the street in front of your house. Or you could always sit out in the backyard and watch the grass grow and "member the good old days". Maybe watching sports just isn't good for your blood pressure or your anger/jealousy management program. Me, like my dad, I just love watching the game and athletes doing amazing things.

With regards to kids taking money. I do have an idea of what it is like to eat fried Spam for every meal except Sunday lunch and having to clear the "rolly polly" bugs from the tub before we could take a bath. I have woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of gunshots on the street in front of the house. There is a lot of money being made by a lot of people in sports and these kids and their parents want a piece of the pie and a chance to change their life. I can't fault them for that. The money doesn't decrease my appreciation of Anthony Davis or Michael Beasley or Silvio DeSousa's game. I got outta the hood when my dad graduated from dental school. Some of these kids only chance of getting out is either through sports or winning the lottery. Not sure which is longer odds but I won't fault them for taking a shot with either.

If you want to lecture me on the value of your personal ethical/purity code for sports, save your breath. I don't care and I still hate Grayson Allen.

#2029879 - 04/12/18 12:16 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
KY has no ethics...he is old...he is miserable..and his health is fleeting. Kansaa has beaten his boys what now...3 or 4 straight so he is throwing the only ammo he thinks he can our way. Let him troll..not saying I want it to happen but he probably won't make it through the 18/19 season...

#2029880 - 04/12/18 01:35 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

He's been posting from his grave, alongside his still out back, since last week. Just say'n...

He'll run out of air and electricity in a bit.

#2029888 - 04/12/18 05:52 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

PHOG, Preston is a good player and a fine kid. Cal avoided him because of his mother and Preston as well liked to show off expensive things that kids from Compton wouldn’t have until they made the NBA. Word was they were on the take well before Kansas. I doubt Self knew, but those assistants and compliance make good money to not check social media or talk to their connections. Had they not tried to act like Kardashians, he probably gets recruited heavily. You take that cash, pay your bills and lay low.

#2029889 - 04/12/18 05:56 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

KY is choking out his final words on this website while covered for his dirt nap finale. Impressive

#2029890 - 04/12/18 06:03 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
KY has no ethics...he is old...he is miserable..and his health is fleeting. Kansaa has beaten his boys what now...3 or 4 straight so he is throwing the only ammo he thinks he can our way. Let him troll..not saying I want it to happen but he probably won't make it through the 18/19 season...

What are we 22/-8 or 22-9 vs Kansas? Lol. Plus the big one in 2012. No one is promised another minute, I’m on the comeback trail. I’ve lived through more National Championships than KU has ever won. Until KU gets up to 5-6 NC, no one takes them too seriously. Old Calhoun and Roy have won 3.
Kidding you though, I like and follow KU,even that “football” team. Do you see improvement there this year? We will have a better team than last year but the schedule breaks into the Alabama, LSU’s of the conference.

Cal signed the #1 point guard in 2019 and going after #2 hard Wanting then to reclassify.
Calipari was mad at that people thought he had lost his mojo, so he’s handling much more of the recruiting himself. Two 5* this week. More coming.

#2029891 - 04/12/18 06:21 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

I hate Grayson Allan as well. I’m all for paying these families or like Cal said put the money up for them or let them.borrow against future earnings. I’m well aware of the conditions some of these kids live in. Was it Rose or Wall that said Coach Cal was the only one who would come into their hoods for a home visit? Maybe both.. Many have a problem with Cal as he wants to win championships, but he is more interested in getting kids drafted and chance the cycle of poverty for the families, than building for experience. . He’s weird. He goes to church everyday. If we have an away game at an unfamiliar place, someone has the job of finding a smaller Catholic Church so he can go Maybe he figures if he cheats he gets forgiveness and has 0 respect for NCAA . Makes 8 million a year not counting his endorsements. I don’t think he cares.
He and his wife tried to get approval from the NCAA that would let them pay for the college education of the children of every player he has coached at UMass, Memphis, and UK Of course the NCAA said no, “he could use it for a recruiting advantage “ He said other coaches have made serious money, why. It then too? I do think he loves the players and they show it back.

#2029894 - 04/12/18 07:05 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Why do you need so much text to say so little?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview