Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029847 - 04/11/18 05:19 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Originally Posted By: tmcats
you're generally a bit more circumspect than to write something that says essentially that we are hiding behind the law in spite of the obvious connections.

KU is guilty until proven innocent, right, Bob?

I'd certainly trust the failed politician on this one, guys.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2029849 - 04/11/18 05:38 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: oldalum]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: oldalum
I don't understand what you think Self and his staff could have done to check recruits out more carefully. Do they go into a recruit's home and say, "By the way, do you have any bribery deals going on with any shoe companies?" Innocent ones would be so insulted they'd drop KU as a possibility, and guilty ones would lie. How is it you think they should check out recruits more closely? This is a sincere question. I can't think of any good way to do it.

Sometimes checking social media or something as simple as walking through the parking lot of the team and saying Wow! Nice new car! Why’s momma posting pics cruising around in a Mercedes? Then others may be slick. Nothing will happen unless the Adidas money man Grotto or whatever gets squeezed with jail time. SOB will sing like a bird. PHOG would.

Preston came to many games decked out with $500 dollar shades and enough gold hanging off his neck, Mr T would have been impressed. That might make a coach ask, son you lived in the hood in Compton, where did all the BS come from?

Edited by KYBLUEBLOOD (04/11/18 06:10 PM)

#2029851 - 04/11/18 06:43 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
oldalum Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Preston isn't the issue. They held him out of all games. I'm talking about Josh or whoever it is from a year ago.

#2029852 - 04/11/18 06:49 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
You must have some kinda fancy ass HDTV if you can tell the brand of a kid's glasses and tell whether on not a gold chain is fake by looking at it on the screen. You seem to be really good at identifying trouble. If only you had been around to help Cal realize that Marcus Camby and Worldwide Wes were trouble before all that went down. But I guess they didn't have HDTV back then so there's that.

#2029853 - 04/11/18 07:22 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319
hiding behind the law ???

What does that even mean?

is often the case that people like you and a few others here will claim cleanliness based on not breaking the law all the while violating every ethical norm surrounding the subject of recruiting. tax avoidance isn't against the law either nor is flipping off a cop, which is rather appropriate here. no, you won't go to jail for creating a stench that causes others to vomit.

#2029854 - 04/11/18 08:43 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
Originally Posted By: oldalum
I don't understand what you think Self and his staff could have done to check recruits out more carefully. Do they go into a recruit's home and say, "By the way, do you have any bribery deals going on with any shoe companies?" Innocent ones would be so insulted they'd drop KU as a possibility, and guilty ones would lie. How is it you think they should check out recruits more closely? This is a sincere question. I can't think of any good way to do it.

Sometimes checking social media or something as simple as walking through the parking lot of the team and saying Wow! Nice new car! Why’s momma posting pics cruising around in a Mercedes? Then others may be slick. Nothing will happen unless the Adidas money man Grotto or whatever gets squeezed with jail time. SOB will sing like a bird. PHOG would.

Preston came to many games decked out with $500 dollar shades and enough gold hanging off his neck, Mr T would have been impressed. That might make a coach ask, son you lived in the hood in Compton, where did all the BS come from?

Phog could definitely fuk you up. Go away troll...ya talking smack when the coach of your underachieving Pooooseycats have been caught cheating twice with2 different programs. You are no longer welcome here or a friend of mine. Old sickly trolls eventually go away I guess.

#2029856 - 04/11/18 09:37 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Well aren't you a sanctimonious drama queen. You kicked the [censored] out of that straw man; you go champ. Next time maybe you can throw in burning the flag. If the "stench" of sports makes you want to vomit why do you watch?

#2029857 - 04/11/18 09:51 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: parkhawk3319]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319
You must have some kinda fancy ass HDTV if you can tell the brand of a kid's glasses and tell whether on not a gold chain is fake by looking at it on the screen. You seem to be really good at identifying trouble. If only you had been around to help Cal realize that Marcus Camby and Worldwide Wes were trouble before all that went down. But I guess they didn't have HDTV back then so there's that.

I can even tell Momma’s white Mercedes as well.
Want another? Cliff Alexander. 7 siblings, very poor family, yet somehow family moved to Lawrence from a Chicago and attended games in Hawaii or Orlando. Something a coach might say hmmm. Ok.

#2029858 - 04/11/18 10:05 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You seem to spend a lot of time keeping track of the lives of other people and thier kids.

Do you have an opinion on the thickness of the hull of the Titanic, Captain Hindsight?

#2029861 - 04/11/18 10:32 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

There was 0 doubt Preston was on the take. He had a YouTube video begging for a Kentucky offer. Cal avoided him.

I guess some are just too good to avoid?

#2029862 - 04/11/18 10:39 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ky has lost it...perhaps the doctors are telling him he doesn't have much time left. So he is getting his shots in on old KU while he can. Kinda feel sorry for the troll..he keeps rambling about Preston who actually didn't play one frigging regular season minute for KU. So what is his agenda. I guess if Kansas is accused and properly punished he can be buried happily with his boots on..lol.

#2029865 - 04/11/18 11:31 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Lol.

Thank the good lord, DeSousa’s guardian said he got nothing and he takes his advice from Larry Brown who is beyond reproach.

#2029866 - 04/11/18 11:48 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Original AFH Gangsta

There you go...hey wasn't Cal mentored by Larry also...why yes I believe he was...lol.

#2029867 - 04/12/18 12:00 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2029870 - 04/12/18 08:38 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview