Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029811 - 04/11/18 10:49 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
No one from the University is named in the indictment. No one from the Athletic Department is named in the indictment. No one from the coaching staff is named in the indictment. The only parties named are adidas employees and parents/guardians.

Until I hear otherwise I will assume the University, the AD and the coaching staff are NOT involved in these wrongdoings.

#2029812 - 04/11/18 10:53 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
It doesnt matter if they knew or not. If Silvio situation bares true all games he played in can or may be vacated. Hence no 14th Conference Title and no Final 4. I hope and pray this is avoided...

#2029814 - 04/11/18 11:15 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
It doesnt matter if they knew or not. If Silvio situation bares true all games he played in can or may be vacated. Hence no 14th Conference Title and no Final 4. I hope and pray this is avoided...

That is all outside of my control. So I will spend almost no time fretting about it.

Every spring we are treated to nonsense. This spring might shape up to be more nonsensical than most.

Big time athletics at the power 5 level is a dirty business.

#2029815 - 04/11/18 11:31 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: MICHHAWK]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The University and the Athletic Department and HCBS have had ample time to digest the report from yesterday late afternoon. I look forward to some kind of statement from somebody pretty quick. Even if that statement is "we have no statement at this time."

#2029816 - 04/11/18 11:42 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol....ok then...

#2029819 - 04/11/18 11:56 AM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
At the very least we lose DeSousa and maybe the chance at Langford. Also maybe all the games Silvio played in also vacated. Might even jerk our conference tournament title and F4 banner away. That would truly suk. Someone on Self's staff isn't doing their job checking these kids out. Pisses me off.

do you know how silly that statement reads when viewed through an objective lense? you seriously think ku coaches haven't built these relationships for this very recruiting purpose? woof.

#2029821 - 04/11/18 12:06 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Go away you crusty ancient dusty old fart...die...DIE..look at that through your fuking objective lens ya dang jerk...

Edited by PHOGUSHER (04/11/18 12:07 PM)

#2029822 - 04/11/18 12:08 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Go away you crusty ancient dusty old fart...die...DIE..look at that through your fuking objective lens ya dang jerk...

i'm actually waiting to see if there are any adults like me atop mt. oreo. #victim

#2029823 - 04/11/18 12:50 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: PHOGUSHER]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
At the very least we lose DeSousa and maybe the chance at Langford. Also maybe all the games Silvio played in also vacated. Might even jerk our conference tournament title and F4 banner away. That would truly suk. Someone on Self's staff isn't doing their job checking these kids out. Pisses me off.
Someone on Self's staff isn't doing their job checking these kids out. Pisses me off. +1 on that Phog.

Well I dont know if you are being sarcastic with your reply. But the bottom line is someone on his staff hasnt been checking these kids out thoroughly...Self has always ran a semi loose ship. It was eventually going to catch up with him....again pisses me off....
No, not at all. I thought you bring up a good point.

#2029826 - 04/11/18 01:17 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: MICHHAWK]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
No one from the University is named in the indictment. No one from the Athletic Department is named in the indictment. No one from the coaching staff is named in the indictment. The only parties named are adidas employees and parents/guardians.

Until I hear otherwise I will assume the University, the AD and the coaching staff are NOT involved in these wrongdoings.
This is the only adult posting here so far. Not far from the truth when it’s all said and done.

#2029830 - 04/11/18 01:57 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: MICHHAWK]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK

you're generally a bit more circumspect than to write something that says essentially that we are hiding behind the law in spite of the obvious connections.

#2029832 - 04/11/18 02:10 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Big time athletics at the power 5 level is a dirty business.

#2029836 - 04/11/18 03:33 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
hiding behind the law ???

What does that even mean? Has the boot black on your tongue from your time spent at Tiggerboard made you daft? I wonder if Adidas pays off the refs before every game? Looks like FBI wiretaps did not pick up any KU coaches or staff involved in payments. Until we hear otherwise we will continue to bask in the glory of this year and look forward to next. Thanks for checking up on us, we are fine and you are still stuck with Bruce Weber.

#2029837 - 04/11/18 03:38 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
oldalum Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I don't understand what you think Self and his staff could have done to check recruits out more carefully. Do they go into a recruit's home and say, "By the way, do you have any bribery deals going on with any shoe companies?" Innocent ones would be so insulted they'd drop KU as a possibility, and guilty ones would lie. How is it you think they should check out recruits more closely? This is a sincere question. I can't think of any good way to do it.

#2029842 - 04/11/18 04:30 PM Re: FBI investigation? What in the tarnation [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Michhawk is the only adult..please Kookoo. So wrong about that. ...are you 2 gay cagey lovers...lol..although there is nothing wrong with that...ewwwww.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview