Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029519 - 03/31/18 11:40 PM Azubuike's Previous Life
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Just read a great article by Jason King on what life was like for Azubuike in Nigeria before coming to the U. S. Pretty tough. Worth your time to read it. Kind of puts things into perspective and lessens the importance of losing in the Final Four game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27673...amming-national

#2029520 - 03/31/18 11:44 PM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Ho hummm...boring unless he comes back I have no interest. He definitely is not good enough to go pro. NBA bigs would slap his sheeat back all day long.

#2029522 - 03/31/18 11:57 PM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Ho hummm...boring unless he comes back I have no interest. He definitely is not good enough to go pro. NBA bigs would slap his sheeat back all day long.

There's a lot more to life than basketball. Most of us can't remotely relate to what he went through.

#2029525 - 04/01/18 01:04 AM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Perhaps not..but he needs one more yr to make the pros and really help his family out if that's his true intentions. I was over the top tonight and I apologize. But I hated seeing my team get embarrassed like that...I will not watch every game next season. If we win the B12 I might watch a few games towards the end of conference and a few if we get past the S16. Not spending almost 100 hrs watching non con games vs the Toledos of the world. Might watch our game vs Nova in Dec.

#2029529 - 04/01/18 08:40 AM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Perhaps not..but he needs one more yr to make the pros and really help his family out if that's his true intentions. I was over the top tonight and I apologize. But I hated seeing my team get embarrassed like that...I will not watch every game next season. If we win the B12 I might watch a few games towards the end of conference and a few if we get past the S16. Not spending almost 100 hrs watching non con games vs the Toledos of the world. Might watch our game vs Nova in Dec.

Your apology is appreciated. You were a bit over the top but it was brutal to see our team handled like that. Actually the stats show that we didn't play all that bad, just met up with a meat grinder last night at the top of their game. I will be watching every game next year. I'm thinking that we might well pull off a Villanova next year or even better. I'd really be surprised to see Dok go pro this year. He has much to yet learn. He's still a kid at 18, certainly a huge one, and hasn't played BB all that long.

#2029547 - 04/01/18 07:36 PM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Just read a great article by Jason King on what life was like for Azubuike in Nigeria before coming to the U. S. Pretty tough. Worth your time to read it. Kind of puts things into perspective and lessens the importance of losing in the Final Four game.

Perspective...I'm sure he didn't take this journey in both miles as well as life experiences, put in all of the time, effort, and sacrifices he's put in to not win in the final 4 either. LOL

#2029570 - 04/02/18 04:05 PM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: Kman_blue]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Perspective...I'm sure he didn't take this journey in both miles as well as life experiences, put in all of the time, effort, and sacrifices he's put in to not win in the final 4 either. LOL

I was comparing the difficulties of Dok's life in Nigeria as compared to the difficulties we fans face when our Hawks don't win a national championship or even the first game of a Final Four. Our pain is nothing compared to what Dok faced.

I'm sure he is quite disappointed in not being able to help us achieve a national championship. But that's not why he came to America. He didn't even come to play basketball, it was an afterthought. We fans can sometimes be really fickle.

#2029580 - 04/02/18 06:15 PM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Fickle...must be a western hick sticks Kansas word...lol.

#2029595 - 04/02/18 09:27 PM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Fickle...must be a western hick sticks Kansas word...lol.

Origin and Etymology of fickle:
Middle English fikel deceitful, inconstant, from Old English ficol deceitful; akin to Old English befician to deceive, and probably to Old English fah hostile — more at foe.

Definition of fickle:
marked by lack of steadfastness, constancy, or stability : given to erratic changeableness
— fickleness noun.

It somewhat predates Western Kansas, Eastern Kansas, Northern Kansas, Southern Kansas, Central Kansas and even the Western USA and the Western Hemisphere! It also reminds me of a certain Phoggy guy previous to Saturday night, Saturday night and following Saturday night. Glad you finally woke up and got straightened out from Saturday night. You really had me worried about you.

#2029598 - 04/02/18 09:35 PM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Dude...there is something wrong with you. You can't handle light ribbing. Thin western Kansas hide I guess. I am raised in Kansas...galvinizrd on the east and west coast serving our country....not one sided like Kansas hicks thats fo sure...but keep swinging and missing old man...you are amusing.

#2029600 - 04/02/18 10:10 PM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Dude...there is something wrong with you. You can't handle light ribbing. Thin western Kansas hide I guess. I am raised in Kansas...galvinizrd on the east and west coast serving our country....not one sided like Kansas hicks thats fo sure...but keep swinging and missing old man...you are amusing.

Apparently my sense of humor flies right over your head!

#2029602 - 04/02/18 10:24 PM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Not really...your an old stoic Kansas fuk...therefore no sense of humor...whats that hick sticks town you live in again...might drive out to get a laugh..

#2029623 - 04/03/18 01:14 AM Re: Azubuike's Previous Life [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

I was comparing the difficulties of Dok's life in Nigeria as compared to the difficulties we fans face when our Hawks don't win a national championship or even the first game of a Final Four. Our pain is nothing compared to what Dok faced.

I'm sure he is quite disappointed in not being able to help us achieve a national championship. But that's not why he came to America. He didn't even come to play basketball, it was an afterthought. We fans can sometimes be really fickle.

My joke was a jab at the implied notion that the loss to Villanova hurt Dok any less than everyone else on the team (or the fanbase) because of the life he had growing up in Nigeria or sacrifices he and his mom made for him to get to Florida.

One of the great unifying aspects of sports competition makes it so it doesn't matter where you grew up or how hard or easy it was when you're in the competition you're all part of the same whole, the team, and it hurts just as much to lose regardless of your past.

I'm sure Dok and everyone else will put the loss into proper perspective once the emotion of it all wears off some more.

And I agree, sometimes some of us fans can be NUTS! LOL

Preview