Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029546 - 04/01/18 03:01 PM Re: Worst Final 4 in schools history? [Re: Jaycat92]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
I would like to see Self and KU make more Final 4's when we are suppose to make them. 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017 were all great teams that fell short, and were all teams that had National title talent. 2008 was a year when we were suppose to contend and did. 2012 and 2018 were great stories, and great down the stretch teams with two really good players on each team.

Not being unrealistic, know that we won't make a FInal 4 every season, but more often would be better or at least when we are favored to make one.

#2029563 - 04/02/18 02:15 PM Re: Worst Final 4 in schools history? [Re: track]
Tetonhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Jackson Hole, Wy
Actually after being down 22-4 against a record setting barrage for the first 11-12 minutes, I was proud of our determination to stay in it for the next 28 minutes. That was an incredible punch to absorb and still be able to fight at a draw. We were down 12 for 2 straight possessions & could not make a shot. That was doom.

#2029564 - 04/02/18 02:34 PM Re: Worst Final 4 in schools history? [Re: Tetonhawk]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
We didn't know as much at the time, but we were effectively out of it at the first television timeout. Being down by so much so fast, sort of took the pressure off.

I will never poo-poo a FF appearance. Win. Lose. They are all wonderful.

#2029566 - 04/02/18 02:57 PM Re: Worst Final 4 in schools history? [Re: Jaycat92]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
The Duke win was memorable and shouldn't forget that game. Remember this team was 8-4 in the conference at one time. And we should be glad they we weren't the first 1 seed to lose to a 16. Down 10 against Penn we could have been toast.

#2029569 - 04/02/18 04:01 PM Re: Worst Final 4 in schools history? [Re: Jaycat92]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Because of the blow out status, I would consider this one of our worst Final 4 appearances.

Because of the type of team we had this season, I would also consider this team one of my favorites.

Based on recruited talent, we had no business beating Duke, but experience and heart won out. Anytime we can beat Duke, its been a great run.

Nova and its style of play has always given us fits. I don't remember when, but we went there on a Saturday a few years ago and they blew us out much like Saturday. With saying that, there style only works if they are shooting lights out from deep.

#2029578 - 04/02/18 05:56 PM Re: Worst Final 4 in schools history? [Re: Jaycat92]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Jaycat92
Because of the blow out status, I would consider this one of our worst Final 4 appearances.

Because of the type of team we had this season, I would also consider this team one of my favorites.

Based on recruited talent, we had no business beating Duke, but experience and heart won out. Anytime we can beat Duke, its been a great run.

Nova and its style of play has always given us fits. I don't remember when, but we went there on a Saturday a few years ago and they blew us out much like Saturday. With saying that, there style only works if they are shooting lights out from deep.
You are a total troll on KU website so sure it’s worst ever. But we played good against a lights out opponent. But you need to quit posting here you you troll

#2029579 - 04/02/18 06:14 PM Re: Worst Final 4 in schools history? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: Jaycat92

You are a total troll on KU website so sure it’s worst ever. But we played good against a lights out opponent. But you need to quit posting here you you troll

Where have you been.........real fans post even when the team loses. Join the conversation or pinpoint your inner KU frustrations at me, its all good!!!

#2029581 - 04/02/18 06:21 PM Re: Worst Final 4 in schools history? [Re: Jaycat92]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Yes jay...most limp wristed crimson and blue kool ade suckers thinks all fans that don't kiss assss are trolls...screw that crap...if Bill and his boys need to be called out...then call him and them out...He and them could have done better vs Nova. Trap after down by 10....run run run....he tried to revert back to half court high slow...disaster formula when down double digits. Maybe the hayseeds will figure this out about Self one day...but most likely not.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview