Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029248 - 03/24/18 09:53 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: track]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
The biggest issue I have with this article is the statement: "But now they've gone this far and put Zenger in charge of the biggest fundraising program in department history..."

That's only partially true. The truth is Zenger put Zenger in charge of this program. Athletic Directors are constantly looking to improve programs and fundraising is a huge part of what they do. The fact that money for needed improvements for big or small issues should not be a saving factor. The other fact is: How much easier would it be to raise $300 million if this program was 6-6? Hell, if it was 7-5 or 8-4, Zenger could look look to a $400 million improvement budget.

I will not support an AD who has created his own necessity because of his failures.

#2029253 - 03/25/18 07:12 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Track feels the AD has a unique purpose in stadium fundraising (per his posting the KC Star article above). As I noted earlier CSU was able to separate the two things and now have a better AD AND a new campus stadium. It can be done.

#2029256 - 03/25/18 08:52 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Track feels the AD has a unique purpose in stadium fundraising (per his posting the KC Star article above).

I said nothing about how I felt about the article. I posted it for discussion as it was relevant to the topic... nothing more. Once again you form your opinions based on lies.

#2029258 - 03/25/18 09:16 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: track
Track feels the AD has a unique purpose in stadium fundraising (per his posting the KC Star article above).

I said nothing about how I felt about the article. I posted it.
True that you might be JUST posting it. But, but...not just my post but another followed the article showing the fallacies within the article. Yet you keep doubling down on the "no opinion" idea. Sure.

#2029260 - 03/25/18 09:20 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"I truly believe that if you want a winning program you honor the 5 year commitment (approximately) we gave to Beaty, Weis, Gill. If it doesn't work out then we move on."

This is the reason to give Zenger the boot as AD. He got seven years, and it's worse than ever for the Kansas football program.

#2029262 - 03/25/18 10:04 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

I think I have made it pretty clear what I think of your nonfactual based opinions. As for Zenger...is there anyone on this board that doesn't think the guy deserves to be fired? The only people I have heard that support his continuing employment are the chancellor, Beaty...obviously... and according to the article a few big donors.

#2029263 - 03/25/18 11:48 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I think I have made it pretty clear what I think of your nonfactual based opinions. As for Zenger...is there anyone on this board that doesn't think the guy deserves to be fired? The only people I have heard that support his continuing employment are the chancellor, Beaty...obviously... and according to the article a few big donors.
You are one sick puppy.

First no opinion but posts an article that you eventually disagree with. Took you three posts to express an opinion on Kansas football. Now you know what I think of you personally as well. As if it matters...

#2029264 - 03/25/18 11:50 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"I truly believe that if you want a winning program you honor the 5 year commitment (approximately) we gave to Beaty, Weis, Gill. If it doesn't work out then we move on."

This is the reason to give Zenger the boot as AD. He got seven years, and it's worse than ever for the Kansas football program.
Just wanting to move beyond the craziness of a poster above.

#2029266 - 03/25/18 11:56 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

You are one sick puppy.

First no opinion but posts an article that you eventually disagree with. Took you three posts to express an opinion on Kansas football. Now you know what I think of you personally as well. As if it matters...

Made you look like the fool you are. No surprise you are lashing out.

#2029267 - 03/25/18 12:17 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Yes I agree. Now you don’t need to post.

#2029268 - 03/25/18 12:33 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Guys! There's actual discussion and posting on here! Good job!

RCJHKU!

#2029271 - 03/25/18 12:57 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUHawkhead]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead

RCJHKU!

Good to see someone post other than cuckoo. The billboard is down so that part of the discussion is a moot point now.
So what to do with zenger? As I said earlier, I don’t know anyone on this board that wants to keep him around. That being said, can’t imagine he wouldn’t be fired if we have another season like last years. So for me zengers fate will be determined by the success or failure of the team this coming year. If we win he and Beaty will be around for 2019 I suspect. . If we start off 0-5 I wpould expect zenger to get the axe first and then Beaty. No way in the world can I see zenger being allowed to make another hire in football. That would warrant an open rebellion... marching on the streets, burning buildings, taking prisoners etc.

#2029274 - 03/25/18 01:31 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I agree, but I still will be shocked if Beaty isn't let go after game five this season. He has done absolutely NOTHING to improve our team. Sure, he has said the right things, but the proof is in the pudding, and we haven't eaten any since Mangino was fired.

Now, if we do go 0 or 1 for total wins and he is retained, it is Zenger merely extending his own employment, which should be very much frowned upon, no matter HOW well the other athletic programs are doing.

RCJHKU!

#2029286 - 03/25/18 04:17 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead

RCJHKU!
tacky is the capt obvious for this board. Ice is cold, gives me the chills!!

#2029332 - 03/26/18 09:27 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
wonder how many will show up for the "pick your seat" event. I'm sure there will be plenty to choose from...

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview