#2029197 - 03/23/18 02:00 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
It's uncalled for because you believe the program is AOK.
Nice stupid straw man here. Simplistic retarded "reasoning" at its best.
"Nothing wrong with everyone getting contract extensions, salary raises based upon historic levels of losing and major admin apathy about it. How do I know about the apathy? The admin should be talking about the awful levels of football at Kansas, and putting forth a public acknowledgement about how it must change now. Instead of cashing the checks given out to underperforming actors in this sorry play of a program, the admin should be firing their sorry azzes...or asking for public explanations of their last four years of actions. Force some resignations."

What is "retarded"? Lacking the ability to put a sentence into context, kman.

"I thought the billboard was uncalled for-bigdogjac" He didn't say it was a bad idea...
It's moronic to think that believing the billboard is a bad idea or "uncalled for" equates to believing the program is AOK much less equating to any agreeing or disagreeing with all of that other sh|it you just threw up against the wall there.

The context of your highly flawed way of thinking is perfectly clear. Your words stand exactly as you meant them to stand.
I like your thinking that my reasoning is “perfectly clear”. Happy to make you see the light at the end of the tunnel. Zenger / Beaty have to go. Sooner than later.

#2029199 - 03/23/18 02:03 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
I thought the billboard was uncalled for. By the way Kman, how much are they paying you, I might have to call Zenger and ask for a raise! LOL!

Alright!

It's now 2 for the billboard was a bad idea side! LOL

Oh, and on the pay stuff...well we should really discuss this at the next meeting with Zenger and the crew we have every 3rd February 29, OK? I don't want the masses to get jealous!

Sweet jesus, that would mean Zenger is here 12 years. frown

Don't joke like that.
I dunno, we didn't discuss that at our last meeting. Probably have to wait until the secret Girod meeting we have every other time Hailey's Comet comes around!

Oh, and to update the consensus here it looks like we've got a clarified current take of,

Billboard is a bad idea = me
Billboard is uncalled for = BigdogJac
Billboard isn't how I'd express my frustration = PbBut
Billboard is a good idea = everyone else

Though, BigDog and PbBut can further clarify whether they want to be put into the "bad idea" category or not.
But I said the billboard was “last resort”. Not a good idea. Do not put words to post if they are not accurate.

#2029200 - 03/23/18 04:06 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
jhawkblue Offline
Lawrence Legend

actually KuCu and Kman are both wrong the billboard was neither a bad ideal or an act of last resort it accomplished exactly what it was meant to do.

It is the middle of march madness and forums (including this one that for the last two months was basically just a group text between KuCu, Kman and one or two others) are actively discussing the issues with the current AD and the football program the story has also been picked up by local and national print/radio outlets at a time when Zenger is usually protected by the shadow of the basketball program this billboard has once again brought his failures into the light and in this case the pressure forced the administration to act even if only to apply pressure on a company to remove a bill board

the billboard was a public statement that the fans are not content with the with the current state of the program and the failure of the Zenger during his tenure and to let the administration know that they won't set idly by as the administration continues to allow Zenger to further destroy the program and to this point the billboard has accomplished it mission and thanks to the admins strong arming the company the bill board was removed and all money reimbursed to https://saveksfb.com so it actually accomplished its mission for free

#2029201 - 03/23/18 04:32 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Thanks Jayhawk Blue. I totally agree

#2029216 - 03/23/18 09:04 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Image you are actually a football player for KU. You get up every morning at 5 to lift weights, go to class, study, workout, then go for a drive and see that crap. Gotta make you proud to be a Jayhawk. Jayhawk nation is saying to you, "bend over" you worthless piece of crap.

#2029220 - 03/23/18 09:45 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: vmlb]
jhawkblue Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: vmlb
Image you are actually a football player for KU. You get up every morning at 5 to lift weights, go to class, study, workout, then go for a drive and see that crap. Gotta make you proud to be a Jayhawk. Jayhawk nation is saying to you, "bend over" you worthless piece of crap.

do you really think the players at KU don't know what their record has been or the decline of the program under Zenger do you think that they haven't seen the 40,000 empty seats or heard the jokes on national TV or seen the lopsided scores on the jumbotron while their playing against 3rd-4th string opponents in the 3rd qrtr

Zenger and his hires are directly responsible for the current state of the program as a national joke and administrations apathy while keeping the status quo says far more about their feelings toward the players and the program than a billboard paid for by dedicated fans that want better for the players and university

I do feel bad for the players and and thats why Zenger must go, until we get a new AD who can bring in a competent coaching staff we will continue to be worst program in the county and we will all continue to feel bad for both the players, fans and the university

#2029231 - 03/24/18 02:36 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
This is my stance on this subject of the billboard and a few other things in case KUCO was not already aware of them.

I thought the billboard was a bad Idea and uncalled for. Not going to make our football program better.

You can't build a program by firing the coaches every 2nd or 3rd year. Do you really think the recruited players have a thought on whether Zenger is either a good or bad AD? I shouldn't have made that a question. LOL

Some players come here because they or their parents like one or several coaches.

Others come here because they would rather play right away than sit on the bench at a P5 powerhouse for 2-3 years before ever even get a chance to play.

Others come because this is their university win or lose and they will get a great education.

If you think a 5star athlete committed to LSU or Alabama is going to de-commit because you got Zenger and Beaty fired, you are crazy. They didn't come when we hired Weis or when we had Mangino.

I truly believe that if you want a winning program you honor the 5 year commitment we gave to Beaty. If it doesn't work out then we move on.

Go ahead and tell me how bad our record has been. It's certainly not something you haven't already told me about 1000+ times on this board.

Now you know how I feel. If I lived anywhere near I would have season tickets and cheer on the Jayhawks win or lose.

With all this said, it should give Kuco another several months of things to write about and quote.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!

#2029235 - 03/24/18 04:31 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

bdj - my rebuttal to your thoughts may take a few minutes, certainly not months to reply. You updated your billboard comment above to say it was a bad idea - it seems like you were wanting to get kman's approval. I get it.

The upshot of your post is that you want only positive things to happen to Kansas football, as so do I. I have lived in Lawrence over 25 years and my season ticket stubs are in my dresser drawer. So intimating I don't support my university is a thoroughly inaccurate idea. Hope your rose colored glasses work out as it would mean Beaty can coach and recruit, Zenger can continue as AD, and no more billboards.

#2029237 - 03/24/18 05:01 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Here's my thoughts.....Personally, I LIKE the billboard. Does it potentially hurt our team? Yes, for the coming couple of years, but let's face it....Beaty is gone after five games this year anyway, so we're already spinning our wheels. I have ALWAYS been one to voice my opinion about things I tremendously disagree with. Having Zenger still employed here is one of those things. Beaty is his guy...another failed hire after the Chaz Frontbutt debacle.

Would I like Beaty to work out? You bet. He's a very nice guy, and a good ASSISTANT/POSITIONS coach. Never, ever should he have been brought up straight to D1. The odds of that working out for someone as inexperienced as him are not good at all...kinda like winning the lottery.

The real issue and danger here is....we may lose football as a sport here. Now I know that many do not think this is a real thing, but the fact of the matter is....the Big XII is NOT built for the long haul. We have made poor choice after poor choice as a conference (starting with letting four teams leave so the Tejas could have their fledgling, failing, money hemorrhaging Longhorn Network-at the cost of the longevity of our conference). We MUST have facilities, and at least the illusion of trying to be competitive in football to land in a P4 (there will only be 4) conference. Our basketball tradition will help tremendously, but football is the driver.

Those are my feelings. We cannot let Zenger hire our next coach after the fifth game this season when Beaty is fired. Zenger should be shown the door as soon as this calendar year is over, and a coach capable of building a football program has got to be hired, no matter what the cost.

RCJHKU!

#2029238 - 03/24/18 05:52 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUHawkhead]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
A few months behind the times but still this article paints a picture of the dilemma KU is in regarding Zenger, fund raising, football,basketball and and their future.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article179555321.html

Don’t expect anything to change regarding opinions on this board.

Edited by track (03/24/18 06:22 PM)

#2029241 - 03/24/18 07:16 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: track
A few months behind the times but still this article paints a picture of the dilemma KU is in regarding Zenger, fund raising, football,basketball and and their future.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article179555321.html

Don’t expect anything to change regarding opinions on this board.
My opinion is fact based. If Beaty/Zenger changed the facts re: say, wins/losses, for example, then my opinion would be different. I believed Beaty was ridiculously under qualified and so far he has proven my current opinion exactly correct. Who hired him? Zenger. So five games in, broom them out. CSU built a new stadium, and fired their AD simultaneously. It can be done. To tie the stadium funding to Zenger, only Zenger is another opinion disproved by CSU reality.

#2029242 - 03/24/18 07:57 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
KU isn’t CSU so no factual conclusions can be drawn by comparing them.... so much for your fact based opinions.

#2029243 - 03/24/18 08:11 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Kuco, I did not say you don't have season tickets, I merely stated that I would if I lived closer.

#2029244 - 03/24/18 08:34 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: track
KU isn’t CSU so no factual conclusions can be drawn by comparing them.... so much for your fact based opinions.

And Sam Mellenger isn't Zenger so no fact based conclusions in the KC Star are relevant then. According to track.

Obviously, I disagree...

#2029245 - 03/24/18 08:41 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
Kuco, I did not say you don't have season tickets, I merely stated that I would if I lived closer.
Football support by both of us should not be questioned!

My whole response is that basically you want a whole lotta good news, but we don't see the improvements in order to merely praise the management. Hence a billboard and other embarrassments to the people unwilling to resign after making a bunch of money. Greedy SOBs!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview