#2029155 - 03/22/18 08:01 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
I bet your boyfriend Beaty cried all night long to you about the mean billboard. Visit the website on it and learn a thing or two about the real embarrassment to KU.
Come on man, get more creative than that or you just have a lot of homosexual fantasies?
The billboard is meant to pointedly reach Zenger in different ways that the indifference, declining fanbase, and additional butt kickings on-field do. Very creative IMHO.

Now, your homo-erotic tendencies is another matter.
Wait, so Esteban is your sock?

What tendencies? The projected ones from you and your sock?
Actually I was wondering who would respond to the tendencies question.

The billboard focuses some energy towards Zenger futility in football, zero on the basketball success. Have anymore complaints about why it needed to be done?

#2029165 - 03/23/18 07:21 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
I thought the billboard was uncalled for. By the way Kman, how much are they paying you, I might have to call Zenger and ask for a raise! LOL!

#2029176 - 03/23/18 10:07 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
I thought the billboard was uncalled for. By the way Kman, how much are they paying you, I might have to call Zenger and ask for a raise! LOL!
It's uncalled for because you believe the program is AOK. Nothing wrong with everyone getting contract extensions, salary raises based upon historic levels of losing and major admin apathy about it. How do I know about the apathy? The admin should be talking about the awful levels of football at Kansas, and putting forth a public acknowledgement about how it must change now. Instead of cashing the checks given out to underperforming actors in this sorry play of a program, the admin should be firing their sorry azzes...or asking for public explanations of their last four years of actions. Force some resignations.

That's why billboards and airplanes are necessary, bigdogjac.

#2029178 - 03/23/18 10:42 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Enlighten us then. What changes have been made or are changing that should make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
Feeling a little hyperbolic today? Obviously nothing will satiate your desire to feel warm and fuzzy outside of wholesale firings.

As for what I actually heard had been done and what's being looked at, I'd rather not say as the person I heard it from let it slip rather than told me on purpose. Positive they didn't want it to get out.

No one suggested that the billboard was doing anything of the sort. If anything, it was just a stress relief for those of us that have been around and watched Zenger's tenure. Best case scenario, it gets the attention and the chancellor says something worthwhile instead of the sad, "I want to reiterate my confidence in Sheahon."
That's a destructive way to vent one's personal stresses IMHO. I at least hope it made those involved who weren't ksu and tigger fans feel better about things, but as Zenger and Beaty are still at KU I doubt it did.

I mention ksu and tigger fans being involved because I've now heard directly from at least 2 bragging about contributing to the effort. Who knows what they contributed, maybe just $1 to the gofundme, but I'm already hearing sh|it from people I know about it.

#2029179 - 03/23/18 10:45 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: bigdogjac]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Alright!

It's now 2 for the billboard was a bad idea side! LOL

Oh, and on the pay stuff...well we should really discuss this at the next meeting with Zenger and the crew we have every 3rd February 29, OK? I don't want the masses to get jealous!

#2029181 - 03/23/18 10:56 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It's uncalled for because you believe the program is AOK.
Nice stupid straw man here. Simplistic retarded "reasoning" at its best.

#2029183 - 03/23/18 11:19 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"Nothing wrong with everyone getting contract extensions, salary raises based upon historic levels of losing and major admin apathy about it. How do I know about the apathy? The admin should be talking about the awful levels of football at Kansas, and putting forth a public acknowledgement about how it must change now. Instead of cashing the checks given out to underperforming actors in this sorry play of a program, the admin should be firing their sorry azzes...or asking for public explanations of their last four years of actions. Force some resignations."

What is "retarded"? Lacking the ability to put a sentence into context, kman.

"I thought the billboard was uncalled for-bigdogjac" He didn't say it was a bad idea...

#2029188 - 03/23/18 12:10 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
OK, I've said the billboard is not how I would express my frustration with the AD, but what I'm interested in is what you said here.

Things have been and still are happening even if it's not apparent to the public. [/quote]

What IS apparent to the public is a program that really has made little to no progress in terms of competitiveness and wins in several years. If we actually have improved, everyone else is improving at a much faster rate. That's not progress. That's not even maintaining the status quo.

This is way past the point of incremental change, like a new coach for the secondary. What we need at a minimum is a new AD. Confidence in Zenger left on the same scooter that hauled Charlie out of town.

#2029189 - 03/23/18 01:02 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"Nothing wrong with everyone getting contract extensions, salary raises based upon historic levels of losing and major admin apathy about it. How do I know about the apathy? The admin should be talking about the awful levels of football at Kansas, and putting forth a public acknowledgement about how it must change now. Instead of cashing the checks given out to underperforming actors in this sorry play of a program, the admin should be firing their sorry azzes...or asking for public explanations of their last four years of actions. Force some resignations."

What is "retarded"? Lacking the ability to put a sentence into context, kman.

"I thought the billboard was uncalled for-bigdogjac" He didn't say it was a bad idea...
It's moronic to think that believing the billboard is a bad idea or "uncalled for" equates to believing the program is AOK much less equating to any agreeing or disagreeing with all of that other sh|it you just threw up against the wall there.

The context of your highly flawed way of thinking is perfectly clear. Your words stand exactly as you meant them to stand.

#2029191 - 03/23/18 01:15 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery

Alright!

Oh, and on the pay stuff...well we should really discuss this at the next meeting with Zenger and the crew we have every 3rd February 29, OK? I don't want the masses to get jealous!

Sweet jesus, that would mean Zenger is here 12 years. frown

Don't joke like that.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2029192 - 03/23/18 01:18 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: PbBut]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PbBut
OK, I've said the billboard is not how I would express my frustration with the AD, but what I'm interested in is what you said here.

Things have been and still are happening even if it's not apparent to the public.

What IS apparent to the public is a program that really has made little to no progress in terms of competitiveness and wins in several years. If we actually have improved, everyone else is improving at a much faster rate. That's not progress. That's not even maintaining the status quo.

This is way past the point of incremental change, like a new coach for the secondary. What we need at a minimum is a new AD. Confidence in Zenger left on the same scooter that hauled Charlie out of town.
I don't disagree with much of anything you say here.

In part, what I was alluding to in that statement is the perception of a lack of any response at all to the extreme frustrations and anger of our fans about Zenger's and/or Beaty's performances. It also wasn't an endorsement of nor opposition to any actions I've heard about. I've got an opinion on it, but I didn't choose to express it here.

I agree that Zenger lost the confidence of a lot of people with the Weis hiring/firing.

#2029193 - 03/23/18 01:23 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Alright!

Sweet jesus, that would mean Zenger is here 12 years. frown

Don't joke like that.
I dunno, we didn't discuss that at our last meeting. Probably have to wait until the secret Girod meeting we have every other time Hailey's Comet comes around!

Oh, and to update the consensus here it looks like we've got a clarified current take of,

Billboard is a bad idea = me
Billboard is uncalled for = BigdogJac
Billboard isn't how I'd express my frustration = PbBut
Billboard is a good idea = everyone else

Though, BigDog and PbBut can further clarify whether they want to be put into the "bad idea" category or not.

#2029194 - 03/23/18 01:30 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Billboard can't make us any worse = me

It certainly seems we have the worst AD in P5. We have the worst football program in P5. We also were ranked as the worst P5 football brand by Pick Six Previews (based on the ratings of 2018 recruits).

Maybe I'm nearsighted. I just don't see how a billboard that's up for all of one day is going to make anything worse than the current situation.

#2029195 - 03/23/18 01:37 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The unforeseen 1 day lifetime of the billboard certainly greatly limited it's potential impact.

Still got a good amount of negative national publicity for our program and school though, so there's that.

#2029196 - 03/23/18 01:42 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Kind of sad if an $800 billboard can cause enough issues that the millions we've spent on football can't overcome it, isn't it?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview