Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029133 - 03/22/18 03:03 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
" Enjoy the worst collegiate program in any sport, but don't sit here wagging your finger like some kind of morally superior cultist (kman_blue) while some of us try to actually do something to fix it."

This is the last resort we fans have - embarrass the hell out of the stooges left in place, giving each other contract extensions and salary increases. Incompetence is a mild word for what they (Zenger, Beaty, Bowen, Girod) are currently doing!
Last resort?

Tell me, what other resorts did you try or know others have tried before this last one?

This ought to be good.

#2029134 - 03/22/18 03:06 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
I bet your boyfriend Beaty cried all night long to you about the mean billboard. Visit the website on it and learn a thing or two about the real embarrassment to KU.
Come on man, get more creative than that or you just have a lot of homosexual fantasies?
The billboard is meant to pointedly reach Zenger in different ways that the indifference, declining fanbase, and additional butt kickings on-field do. Very creative IMHO.

Now, your homo-erotic tendencies is another matter.
Wait, so Esteban is your sock?

What tendencies? The projected ones from you and your sock?

#2029135 - 03/22/18 03:17 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Personally, I'd rather see our fans stand up and speak out about Zenger than sit idly by while we remain the worst team in Power 5. When fans feel like they're not being heard in private conversation, of course they're going to air it out publicly.

I'd choose being embarrassed by our fans over being embarrassed by our football team, coaches, and athletic director (that we spend MILLIONS on) every single day of the week. KU gets to choose those to an extent; they don't get to choose the fans.

Obviously the tons of people that already know KU sucks at football hasn't changed the KU Athletics' course of action. What's it hurt if a few more people know how bad we are? We're obviously not ashamed enough to make any changes--except the annual change of half the football staff.
I think plenty of KU fans have stood up and spoke out, but to their WEF representatives and the university directly. Many have even let them know they're pulling their financial support from the school. The school/AD doesn't ignore that even if it looks like it from the outside. There's also a lot smarter ways to air it out publicly than this.

I'd rather not be embarrassed by either our fans or our football program. It's bad enough being embarrassed by one of them.

I also don't like the idea of helping boost the egos and provide new free fodder to the pig farmers and slavers because some KU fans aren't happy. Especially during a week we all should be excited about and cheering on a potential run to the final 4 if things go well tomorrow and Sunday.

#2029136 - 03/22/18 03:30 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

The only thing that matters to me is that Beaty wins. I don't care about billboards or banners pulled behind planes. 3-33, statistical performance getting worse last season and Zenger hiring Weis and Beaty is what matters to me. The facts are the facts.

#2029137 - 03/22/18 03:33 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Phog Fanatic

I bet your boyfriend Beaty cried all night long to you about the mean billboard. Visit the website on it and learn a thing or two about the real embarrassment to KU.
Come on man, get more creative than that or you just have a lot of homosexual fantasies?

How much are you paid by Zenger and Baty to pump the sunshine on here? Don't try to deny that. It was proven already that KU has people go on all KU boards and defend the idiots.

#2029138 - 03/22/18 04:39 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Wilt Chamberlain

How much are you paid by Zenger and Baty to pump the sunshine on here? Don't try to deny that. It was proven already that KU has people go on all KU boards and defend the idiots.
I wished I got paid for being a KU football fan.

#2029139 - 03/22/18 04:47 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
I think it's funny you care so much what KSU and MU fans think when we're this bad. If you talk to educated fans, they understand why mant want Zenger gone.

What methods of protesting Zenger would you prefer that would actually get the point across?

I have every intention to support KU today, tomorrow, and the foreseeable future. I always have and I always will. I want KU to be successful, and I'm not alone in my belief that Zenger leaving would make KU more successful.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2029141 - 03/22/18 04:54 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

I think it's funny you care so much what KSU and MU fans think when we're this bad. If you talk to educated fans, they understand why mant want Zenger gone.

What methods of protesting Zenger would you prefer that would actually get the point across?

I have every intention to support KU today, tomorrow, and the foreseeable future. I always have and I always will. I want KU to be successful, and I'm not alone in my belief that Zenger leaving would make KU more successful.
I already laid it out. Money talks and complaints from donors makes an impact even if you don't think it does.

I don't care what the pig farmers and slavers think, but I also don't need hearing sh|it from them about this stupid billboard either especially because I can't defend it.

And again, criticizing the billboard is not a de facto defense of anyone, including Zenger.

#2029142 - 03/22/18 05:05 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

And when nothing happens when 20k fans have stopped showing up, many others have pulled financial support, season tickets are declining again, no one expects much from us again, we have a revolving door with assistants, and still nothing seems to happen...what's the next step in your mind?

#2029143 - 03/22/18 05:10 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
jhawkblue Offline
Lawrence Legend

once again I have to completely disagree Kman and the other Zenger, Beaty apologist I don't think the bill board was any embarrassment to the University, Zengers record over the last 7 years is however a huge embarrasment to the university and its fans the Billboard story has been picked up by numerous national print and radio outlets all of whom already knew that our football program was the worst in the country.

the billboard was just another way that some fans have used to voice their displeasure with the current state of the program and to let the administration know that they won't sit idly by as the current AD continues to to truly embarrass the university with the worst program in the country

#2029144 - 03/22/18 05:33 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

And when nothing happens when 20k fans have stopped showing up, many others have pulled financial support, season tickets are declining again, no one expects much from us again, we have a revolving door with assistants, and still nothing seems to happen...what's the next step in your mind?
Things have been and still are happening even if it's not apparent to the public.

This billboard does nothing to make anything happen within the KU AD's office.

#2029145 - 03/22/18 05:35 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: jhawkblue]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: jhawkblue
once again I have to completely disagree Kman and the other Zenger, Beaty apologist I don't think the bill board was any embarrassment to the University, Zengers record over the last 7 years is however a huge embarrasment to the university and its fans the Billboard story has been picked up by numerous national print and radio outlets all of whom already knew that our football program was the worst in the country.

the billboard was just another way that some fans have used to voice their displeasure with the current state of the program and to let the administration know that they won't sit idly by as the current AD continues to to truly embarrass the university with the worst program in the country
I guess that settles it then.

The consensus looks like this,

The billboard was a bad idea = me
The billboard was a great idea = everybody else on the board

LOL

I'm sticking with my original opinion.

#2029147 - 03/22/18 06:03 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Just a reflection on society. Me first society. Winning and losing football games are high on my list. I'm not embarrassed that my team loses. Not concerned about players pointing guns at their girlfriends. Not concerned about players crawling through drive through windows. Not concerned with coaches screwing boys in the locker room. Just win, that's all I care about.

#2029148 - 03/22/18 06:17 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Things have been and still are happening even if it's not apparent to the public.

This billboard does nothing to make anything happen within the KU AD's office.

Enlighten us then. What changes have been made or are changing that should make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

No one suggested that the billboard was doing anything of the sort. If anything, it was just a stress relief for those of us that have been around and watched Zenger's tenure. Best case scenario, it gets the attention and the chancellor says something worthwhile instead of the sad, "I want to reiterate my confidence in Sheahon."

#2029154 - 03/22/18 07:58 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
" Enjoy the worst collegiate program in any sport, but don't sit here wagging your finger like some kind of morally superior cultist (kman_blue) while some of us try to actually do something to fix it."

This is the last resort we fans have - embarrass the hell out of the stooges left in place, giving each other contract extensions and salary increases. Incompetence is a mild word for what they (Zenger, Beaty, Bowen, Girod) are currently doing!
Last resort?

Tell me, what other resorts did you try or know others have tried before this last one?

This ought to be good.
Sure, fly a banner over the stadium.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview