Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2029103 - 03/21/18 01:44 PM KU football Billboard on I-70
Hot_Toddy Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Not sure if this is true, but evidently this billboard is between Lawrence & Kansas City, westbound on I-70. See article link below.

Article

[img]https://twitter.com/ghostofmangino/media[/img]

#2029107 - 03/21/18 03:04 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Phog Fanatic

It was up for 24 hours before Zenger threw a fit and demanded the company take it down.

#2029108 - 03/21/18 05:17 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Really?

You see something like this and don't think it's a pathetically dumb attack on and embarrassment to the University of Kansas as a whole but rather as some kind of personal comeuppance to Zenger?

You the one who paid for it?

#2029109 - 03/21/18 05:22 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Hot_Toddy
Not sure if this is true, but evidently this billboard is between Lawrence & Kansas City, westbound on I-70. See article link below.

Article

They talked quite a lot about this on Rock Chalk Sports Talk today.

#2029113 - 03/21/18 09:41 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Really?

You see something like this and don't think it's a pathetically dumb attack on and embarrassment to the University of Kansas as a whole but rather as some kind of personal comeuppance to Zenger?

It was paid for, from what I've seen, by a variety of posters on phog.net.

I, personally, don't think a single billboard is an embarrassment, but I think Zenger's tenure has been an extreme embarrassment with the extension and raise moreso.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2029114 - 03/22/18 12:23 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Phog Fanatic

Really?

I bet your boyfriend Beaty cried all night long to you about the mean billboard. Visit the website on it and learn a thing or two about the real embarrassment to KU.

#2029115 - 03/22/18 12:45 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21

I, personally, don't think a single billboard is an embarrassment, but I think Zenger's tenure has been an extreme embarrassment with the extension and raise moreso.
I'm no Zenger fan, but IMHO it's like unnecessarily airing out your familiy's dirty laundry in a very public, look at me kind of way.

There's a ton of people who drive I-70 from all over the USA who have no idea of KU's football woes over the past 9 years or so (nor cared), but now they do and I'd bet a lot of them come away with a bad impression of KU "fans" too from this.

It's also not gonna do a damned thing to get Zenger or Beaty or anyone else fired or anything at all changed within KU athletics, so what's the point?

#2029116 - 03/22/18 12:46 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
I bet your boyfriend Beaty cried all night long to you about the mean billboard. Visit the website on it and learn a thing or two about the real embarrassment to KU.
Come on man, get more creative than that or you just have a lot of homosexual fantasies?

#2029119 - 03/22/18 08:41 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Personally, I'd rather see our fans stand up and speak out about Zenger than sit idly by while we remain the worst team in Power 5. When fans feel like they're not being heard in private conversation, of course they're going to air it out publicly.

I'd choose being embarrassed by our fans over being embarrassed by our football team, coaches, and athletic director (that we spend MILLIONS on) every single day of the week. KU gets to choose those to an extent; they don't get to choose the fans.

Obviously the tons of people that already know KU sucks at football hasn't changed the KU Athletics' course of action. What's it hurt if a few more people know how bad we are? We're obviously not ashamed enough to make any changes--except the annual change of half the football staff.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2029121 - 03/22/18 09:43 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: dgless21]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I'm shocked that there isn't more of this stuff. We are living through the worst decade in our grid history and the architect of the issue (Zenger) remains. The structural engineer (Perkins) left with a golden parachute and didn't even get a black eye! We are on our third General Contractor (Beaty) who appears to be clueless as he continually changes his sub-contractors (Assistants) and the first two GC's did little except scoot out of town with truckloads of money.

The whole thing stinks and anyone with half a brain knows it! crazy

#2029124 - 03/22/18 10:38 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: dgless21]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
I'm with you dgless, I think the billboard is over the top. But its the US, and you have the right to fritter your $$ the way you like.

For myself, I've decided for the first time since 1976 that I'll be staying home. I don't know what I'll do with my Saturdays, probably watch on TV, but I'll have a few extra dollars and hours every Saturday as a result. Its got to be better than sitting in the stands and coming home beyond disappointed. And its not like the Athletic Department or the University will care. If they cared, they would have done something about the 30,000 people who left before me.

#2029125 - 03/22/18 10:41 AM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
Come on man, get more creative than that or you just have a lot of homosexual fantasies?
The billboard is meant to pointedly reach Zenger in different ways that the indifference, declining fanbase, and additional butt kickings on-field do. Very creative IMHO.

Now, your homo-erotic tendencies is another matter.

#2029128 - 03/22/18 12:57 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Kman_blue]
Frankenhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: dgless21

I'm no Zenger fan, but IMHO it's like unnecessarily airing out your familiy's dirty laundry in a very public, look at me kind of way.

There's a ton of people who drive I-70 from all over the USA who have no idea of KU's football woes over the past 9 years or so (nor cared), but now they do and I'd bet a lot of them come away with a bad impression of KU "fans" too from this.

It's also not gonna do a damned thing to get Zenger or Beaty or anyone else fired or anything at all changed within KU athletics, so what's the point?

The billboard and the website both represent the base of KU fans who are sick and tired of our athletic department getting away with a thriving culture of ineptitude. The attitude of "fans" like yourself, is the fire that stokes the boiler for the train of incompetence that is our athletic department. If we all sat here licking Zenger, Beaty, and Girod's boot heels like you, we will never get out of this situation.

The billboard has already garnered national attention and prompted a panicked, knee-jerk reaction from the University, which amounts to a bullying tactic often employed by dictatorships to quiet the voice of the people. It has been a rousing success, and only Zenger would think otherwise.

If you don't have the passion or yearning to ever see winning football in Memorial Stadium again, then fine. I don't really care what you do. Keep giving whatever it is that you do to the Williams Fund and flushing $375 per ticket down the toilet for season tickets. Enjoy the worst collegiate program in any sport, but don't sit here wagging your finger like some kind of morally superior cultist while some of us try to actually do something to fix it.

#2029130 - 03/22/18 01:59 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
" Enjoy the worst collegiate program in any sport, but don't sit here wagging your finger like some kind of morally superior cultist (kman_blue) while some of us try to actually do something to fix it."

This is the last resort we fans have - embarrass the hell out of the stooges left in place, giving each other contract extensions and salary increases. Incompetence is a mild word for what they (Zenger, Beaty, Bowen, Girod) are currently doing!

#2029132 - 03/22/18 03:01 PM Re: KU football Billboard on I-70 [Re: Frankenhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Frankenhawk

The billboard and the website both represent the base of KU fans who are sick and tired of our athletic department getting away with a thriving culture of ineptitude.
No, it doesn't. There's plenty of fans who feel that way who also feel this billboard idea was dumb as sh|it.

The attitude of "fans" like yourself, is the fire that stokes the boiler for the train of incompetence that is our athletic department. If we all sat here licking Zenger, Beaty, and Girod's boot heels like you, we will never get out of this situation.
Give me a fuc|king break. What about the part of my original post in bold do you not understand? I'm not a big fan of Zenger and that equates to boot licking?

So, if I think this billboard is a dumb assed idea that gives every purple pig farmer and slaver a big smile as they drive down I-70 from KC heading west as well as portraying KU fans in a bad light to the others who didn't care or know about any of this means I'm some kind of apologist or something for Zenger, Beaty and/or Girod? That's really dumb reasoning if that's what you think.

The billboard has already garnered national attention and prompted a panicked, knee-jerk reaction from the University, which amounts to a bullying tactic often employed by dictatorships to quiet the voice of the people. It has been a rousing success, and only Zenger would think otherwise.
Oh yeah? So when did Zenger get fired or announce his "retirement"? I mean, otherwise WTF was the point of this act of attention seeking stupidity? Give great fodder to the purple pig farmers and slavers for decades to come? I'd be willing to bet a good number of those people donated to this effort.

If you don't have the passion or yearning to ever see winning football in Memorial Stadium again, then fine. I don't really care what you do. Keep giving whatever it is that you do to the Williams Fund and flushing $375 per ticket down the toilet for season tickets. Enjoy the worst collegiate program in any sport, but don't sit here wagging your finger like some kind of morally superior cultist while some of us try to actually do something to fix it.
Again, very DUMB reasoning and also again exactly WTF did this do of substance? No, I'll answer this for you, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I also don't get this morally superior crap. Cause I think this is dumb and sheds the university and its fans in a bad light? I got a finger I could be wagging and it ain't a moral one either!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview