Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028568 - 03/04/18 08:59 AM Not good
Happy Birthday PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Losing the last game in blowout fashion. When that happens KU in the past never wins a B12 tournament or advances past the S16. Yesterday proves KU doesnt deserve a 1 seed. 2 seeds lose in the first NCAA tournament all the time. I hope we can do better than that but I don't have a good feeling about it. We shall see.

#2028570 - 03/04/18 11:01 AM Re: Not good [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

This is concerning. They appeared to be uninterested and unmotivated for this game. They still could be capable of an elite 8 if they can stay focused for 3 games. Wouldn't think final 4. Opponents have plenty of film on how to beat them.

They just don't have "the eye of the tiger".

#2028572 - 03/04/18 11:20 AM Re: Not good [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Team can't take games off. If they do they are done. Some weenie on the dot net does'nt want them to be a 1 seed because he fears KU will be the first 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed in tournament history. I hate to agree with such pessimism but this KU team can indeed get beaten by a 16 seed if they play like yesterday. It will happen one day and most likely KU will be the victum..I think Duke takes our one seed from us unless we win the B12 tournament.

#2028581 - 03/04/18 12:50 PM Re: Not good [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
We don't deserve a #1 seed unless we win the Big 12 tourney. 24-7. 5 conference losses. 2 losses to Okie St. Texas Tech, OU and at Baylor. Other than Texas Tech loss, the rest are in the bottom of the Big 12.

If we lose in the tourney at KC, we have 8 losses. 8 losses don't get #1 seeds. Our losses are to ARizona St and Washington other than our Big 12 losses.

#2028589 - 03/04/18 04:40 PM Re: Not good [Re: Jaycat92]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Jaycat92
We don't deserve a #1 seed unless we win the Big 12 tourney. 24-7. 5 conference losses. 2 losses to Okie St. Texas Tech, OU and at Baylor. Other than Texas Tech loss, the rest are in the bottom of the Big 12.

I'm not arguing about what seed KU should receive, I don't really care. But you do sound a bit dismissive of the "bottom of the Big 12." The bottom of the Big 12 , OU, OSU, TU, BU (all tied for 6th) and ISU, had really good non conference results and some pretty good wins in the Big 12 against the "top" teams. Each of them had at least two wins against the "top" three:

Team . Non-Conf. . Big 12
OU. . . . .10-2 . . . .beat . TCU . .TTU . . KU . . KSU
OSU. . . . 9-3 . . . . beat . KU . . .WVU . TTU . KU
TU . . . . . 9-3 . . . . beat . TCU . .TTU . . WVU
BU. . . . .10-2 . . . .beat . .KU . . .TTU
ISU . . . . .9-3 . . . .beat . TTU . . WVU

I think this shows just how tough, from top to bottom , the Big 12 was this year. No give me games.

#2028590 - 03/04/18 05:28 PM Re: Not good [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

1 seeds don't lose 5 games by double digits....KU did just that..

#2028592 - 03/04/18 05:43 PM Re: Not good [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No doubt on the toughness of the conference. The SEC is finally progressing. They hired the guru who built the Big East into a power years ago.

Another thing, every team you play in the Big 12, you are their Super Bowl. They get up, fill the seats, tshirts etc. Makes it much more difficult. Something many don’t understand or believe.
It’s wide open this year in the tournament, a few upsets and several teams could get hot and win it. Our guard play isn’t up to par all the time, some games they get it, others disappear. Knox has to be engaged I wouldn’t draft him. Seen enough of lazy play. He has to put up 20+ for us to win. Refs are another issue, can ruin a game. By all rights we should have beaten UNC last year. Lost on a buzzer beater to the champs. Fox was getting mugged by 3 players no call, yet touch a UNC player and s foul was called. Fox, Monk, and Adebayo all lost significant minutes from bad calls. I think we could have beaten Oregon and Gonzaga. About the last 10 games in regular season BAM had figured it out.
I didn’t make it to any UK games this season. 1st time in many years. Hell, I watched Rupp coach.

#2028596 - 03/04/18 07:40 PM Re: Not good [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Team can't take games off. If they do they are done. Some weenie on the dot net does'nt want them to be a 1 seed because he fears KU will be the first 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed in tournament history. I hate to agree with such pessimism but this KU team can indeed get beaten by a 16 seed if they play like yesterday. It will happen one day and most likely KU will be the victum..I think Duke takes our one seed from us unless we win the B12 tournament.

does that make you a weenie as well?

#2028597 - 03/04/18 08:45 PM Re: Not good [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
And we lost the SEC/Big 12 challenge didn't we? Big 12 is tough for Big 12 traditionally. We are more balanced than ever. Yes. That means nothing come tourney time. Nothing. Our best team as a conference is KU who has lost by double digits to two Pac 12 teams and to Okie St twice and Baylor. Arizona St and Washington are not locks to make the tourney. Baylor is not a lock to make the tourney and we all know that Okie St short of winning the Big 12 isn't getting in.

I think if we win the conference tourney we should get a #1 seed. If we don't make the semifinals we will be a #2 seed. Cut and dried. A month ago I was thinking we would be lucky to be a #3/4 seed. As I have stated on here in various threads, I don't care about the conference tourney either way it goes. I like the fact of seeing our short on depth team get extra time off for rest and then making a big time push for a Final 4.

Either way, we are a top 8 seed going into the tourney this season. Years ago, that was always a huge deal being a top 2 seed in a region. I still think it is regardless of whatever else happens.

#2028599 - 03/04/18 09:02 PM Re: Not good [Re: Jaycat92]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Jaycat92
And we lost the SEC/Big 12 challenge didn't we? Big 12 is tough for Big 12 traditionally. We are more balanced than ever. Yes. That means nothing come tourney time. Nothing. Our best team as a conference is KU who has lost by double digits to two Pac 12 teams and to Okie St twice and Baylor. Arizona St and Washington are not locks to make the tourney. Baylor is not a lock to make the tourney and we all know that Okie St short of winning the Big 12 isn't getting in.

I think if we win the conference tourney we should get a #1 seed. If we don't make the semifinals we will be a #2 seed. Cut and dried. A month ago I was thinking we would be lucky to be a #3/4 seed. As I have stated on here in various threads, I don't care about the conference tourney either way it goes. I like the fact of seeing our short on depth team get extra time off for rest and then making a big time push for a Final 4.

Either way, we are a top 8 seed going into the tourney this season. Years ago, that was always a huge deal being a top 2 seed in a region. I still think it is regardless of whatever else happens.
IYO

#2028601 - 03/05/18 07:43 AM Re: Not good [Re: AlOerter]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Fingers crossed that dreadful performance on Saturday is the death nail in the #1 seed conversation. I suspect it is. Thankfully.

#2028602 - 03/05/18 08:07 AM Re: Not good [Re: MICHHAWK]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
This team keeps the streak alive. Absolutely awesome. Honey Graham wins BIG 12 POY. Wonderful.

If they advance to the second weekend of the ncaa's, this season can be declared a tremendous success.

#2028604 - 03/05/18 10:24 AM Re: Not good [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
1 seeds don't lose 5 games by double digits....KU did just that..

+1

Pilar M. Lastra

#2028613 - 03/05/18 12:10 PM Re: Not good [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Actually we only lost 4 games by double digits...

#2028644 - 03/06/18 11:19 AM Re: Not good [Re: PHOGUSHER]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Agree with you about Duke taking our No. 1 seed. Either way we have to come ready to play and overcome our flaws.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview