Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028325 - 02/25/18 08:43 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jman1]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: Jman1
You are cracking my balls, man.

Vegas doesn't take phone bets liver lips. But I bet you can light up the 1-800 I need a date instead of my hand sex lines all night long.

And no response to the undermanned post? This thread is about Chris Beard, right? No one wants to hear about made up stories of those who bandy about stories of wealth and riches made in the sports gambling world, because they are all fake.

Online Vegas bets beeatch. So relax jman or should I say little man instead. As far as sex phone dates I got that covered ...I just call your moms. Lol..."liver lips" ...good cut yo...and "bandy"..you must be 90 or something...hilarious.

#2028327 - 02/25/18 10:18 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Kman_blue]
Tetonhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Jackson Hole, Wy
Why do you think Rick Barnes went to Tenn? He could not beat Kansas even by recruiting lottery picks.

#2028328 - 02/25/18 10:25 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
Original AFH Gangsta

Exactly....I wonder when Weber and Krueger will get a clue.

#2028329 - 02/25/18 11:02 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Point proven. Next round of firing should begin soon then! We are the only blue blood program in the Big 12, right. Is Florida a blue blood? Virginia? Oregon? All of these team have won a conference title in the last 14 seasons. SEC is a worse conference than the Big 12, but UK doesn't win the conference title every year.

I think that what we have done is truly great, but its also a matter of the other teams not showing up some nights, a lot of nights!

Every nationally respected basketball figure has said that this conference can not be that great of a basketball conference if one team can win 14 straight.

Its ok. Take the critique. OU and Texas have a bigger athletic budget than we do, and we still win this conference......... I think that is great!

#2028332 - 02/25/18 01:59 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jaycat92]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: Jaycat92
Every nationally respected basketball figure has said that this conference can not be that great of a basketball conference if one team can win 14 straight.

I watch a lot of college basketball. I have not heard one nationally respected basketball figure say the BIG 12 is no good because KANSAS has won 14 straight.

Must have missed them I suppose. Maybe when I was in the toilet or making a fridge run.

#2028335 - 02/25/18 02:19 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Still curious if a Louisville, Zona, or Texas (his alma mater) would be able to poach Beard if they wanted him.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2028336 - 02/25/18 02:24 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jaycat92]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Every nationally respected basketball figure has said that this conference can not be that great of a basketball conference if one team can win 14 straight

Let me repeat--there is one glaring advantage we have that Kentucky, UNC, etc. don't which has been a HUGE factor in our championship run--Allen Fieldnhouse.

Bobby Knight, Tubby Smith, Eddie Sutton--they NEVER won a game in AFH. All have been victorious on the road in Rupp Arena, for example.

ANY team, not necessarily KU, that goes unbeaten at home and only so-so on the road will be Big 12 champions. Just like ANY team that goes unbeaten at home in SEC, ACC and so-so on the road will probably be champs every time.

We are fortunate to have Allen Fieldhouse. It is THE difference.

Was the Pac 12 a weak conference when Wooden et al ran up that streak?

No. Like Self, you can count his home losses on one hand. Hell, his teams were so talented he rarely lost anywhere.

Edited by jahawker2004 (02/25/18 02:58 PM)

#2028337 - 02/25/18 02:25 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: dgless21]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Still curious if a Louisville, Zona, or Texas (his alma mater) would be able to poach Beard if they wanted him.

I hope he stays put. Continue's to build tt. Then we poach him when the time comes.

#2028340 - 02/25/18 02:55 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
I'd prefer he go ahead and bolt for Arizona until that time comes.

#2028344 - 02/25/18 04:00 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I want good coaches to stay in this conference. Strong Big 12 = strong KU. I still wonder how strong the PAC was during UCLA's 13 in a row. Haven't really heard that discussed.

#2028347 - 02/25/18 04:39 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
Original AFH Gangsta

Zona is definitely going to need someone..

#2028349 - 02/25/18 04:51 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: MICHHAWK]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Chris Beard will no doubt get a nice raise in pay this offseason.

#2028350 - 02/25/18 05:56 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Originally Posted By: Jman1
You are cracking my balls, man.

Vegas doesn't take phone bets liver lips. But I bet you can light up the 1-800 I need a date instead of my hand sex lines all night long.

And no response to the undermanned post? This thread is about Chris Beard, right? No one wants to hear about made up stories of those who bandy about stories of wealth and riches made in the sports gambling world, because they are all fake.

Online Vegas bets beeatch. So relax jman or should I say little man instead. As far as sex phone dates I got that covered ...I just call your moms. Lol..."liver lips" ...good cut yo...and "bandy"..you must be 90 or something...hilarious.

You mad, Bro?

#2028351 - 02/25/18 06:21 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

During the game after KU/ Texas Tech, those anouncers and those during the UK/ Mizzou game all said the same thing. A conference can't be that dominant most years if one team can dominate it for 14 years. I don't think they were talking this year, but more so over the duration.
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Originally Posted By: Jaycat92

I watch a lot of college basketball. I have not heard one nationally respected basketball figure say the BIG 12 is no good because KANSAS has won 14 straight.

Must have missed them I suppose. Maybe when I was in the toilet or making a fridge run.

#2028353 - 02/25/18 06:25 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Common sense people. Even Alabama cant win the SEC each and every season in football, and they win National Championships. Nothing we can do about others in this conference, but we can be realistic and know that this Big 12 is not great on talent most years, and rarely is this conference good in the Tourney.

I do think with a healthy Evans, Texas Tech can be an Elite 8 team, but only if he is 100%.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview