Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028292 - 02/24/18 05:57 PM CHRIS BEARD
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
This man is a great basketball coach.

Took Dok totally out of the game as an offensive factor.

Tenacious, streetfighter defense.

And he recruited Zaire Smith.

#2028302 - 02/24/18 06:59 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
So when are ya going to suck his cawk....soon right.

#2028304 - 02/24/18 07:19 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
In a year or season when we have our least talented team in nearly 20 years and manage to still win the conference title how can you praise any coach in this conference?

The stars were aligned for his team to win this game at home and at least have a chance to win this thing outright and his team couldn't do it. Sure Evans wasn't 100%, but Graham lit them up. It wasn't a great team effort on both ends by KU. It was Graham and Svi.

I have a hard time praising any Coach in this conference. I agree with Dakich, they all should be fired for allowing KU to win 14 titles in a row.

Self is the one I will be praising. In a season where I fully thought 3 weeks ago his team was dead in the water, to pull out another conference crown is rather remarkable.

#2028305 - 02/24/18 07:26 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

My point exactly. But 2004 has always been a Nancy boy. Bottomline is Beard couldn't win a home game with the conference title on the line. He deserves zero credit much akin to 2004"s game result prediction abilities...ahhh snap..

#2028308 - 02/24/18 07:35 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

You're off my Christmas card list now.

#2028312 - 02/24/18 08:54 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh like I was on it previously....lol

#2028313 - 02/24/18 08:57 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
My point exactly. But 2004 has always been a Nancy boy. Bottomline is Beard couldn't win a home game with the conference title on the line. He deserves zero credit much akin to 2004"s game result prediction abilities...ahhh snap..

He was a bit undermanned with Keenen Evans gimpy and Justin Gray knocked silly the first minute, bottom boi

#2028315 - 02/24/18 08:58 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Oh like I was on it previously....lol

Im still on Phog. As is KUCO. So there ya go.

#2028316 - 02/24/18 09:00 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Nice....kissing butt pays off I guess...3

#2028317 - 02/24/18 09:06 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Nice....kissing butt pays off I guess...3

Who knows Phog, if you play your butt kissing right, you might get a Christmas card from 2004 with a fiver in there like Grammy sends you.

#2028318 - 02/24/18 09:17 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Grammy dead....no fiver from her lately. But 300 from Vegas tonight because I bet KU and the over on a 2 way parlay. .Jayhawks won me 750 since last Saturday....maybe I should send you a fiver. You probably need it.

#2028319 - 02/24/18 09:41 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

You are cracking my balls, man.

Vegas doesn't take phone bets liver lips. But I bet you can light up the 1-800 I need a date instead of my hand sex lines all night long.

And no response to the undermanned post? This thread is about Chris Beard, right? No one wants to hear about made up stories of those who bandy about stories of wealth and riches made in the sports gambling world, because they are all fake.

Edited by Jman1 (02/24/18 09:49 PM)

#2028320 - 02/24/18 09:56 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jaycat92]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jaycat92

I have a hard time praising any Coach in this conference. I agree with Dakich, they all should be fired for allowing KU to win 14 titles in a row.

Self is the one I will be praising. In a season where I fully thought 3 weeks ago his team was dead in the water, to pull out another conference crown is rather remarkable.

I agree with Dakich on nothing. He's a turd that gets paid to stink up the air waves. Beard did better with this group than Tubby ever would have. You're right to praise Bill Self for an amazing hall of fame coaching job. Not fair to criticize the others for not beating a hall of famer.

#2028323 - 02/24/18 11:26 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jaycat92]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I agree with Dakich, they all should be fired for allowing KU to win 14 titles in a row.
But they all have and in some cases 3 times over now during that stretch. There's been about 25 different coaches in the conference over the past 14 years who couldn't beat out KU for the championship.

Think that's more telling about Self and KU really than it is about all the other coaches and teams in the conference.

#2028324 - 02/25/18 04:25 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Kman_blue]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Great post Kman_blue.

And of those 25 coaches, two (Bobby Knight, Tubby Smith) had won national championships and several took teams to the Final Four at least once--Bobby Huggins, Lon Krueger, Eddie Sutton, Kelvin Sampson, Rick Barnes, Bruce Weber, Shaka Smart, and later Frank Martin. And ol' Roy went to four.

Eight national championship games coached, not including Self's two in 2008, 2012.

Our biggest advantage (except this year) has been the Fieldhouse. Any team that goes unbeaten at home and 5-4 on the road will be Big 12 champions.

The Big 12 is a good conference, but we're the ONLY blueblood, which means a lot in recruiting.. And, yes, we've also got Bill Self.

Edited by jahawker2004 (02/25/18 04:29 AM)

#2028325 - 02/25/18 08:43 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jman1]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: Jman1

Vegas doesn't take phone bets liver lips. But I bet you can light up the 1-800 I need a date instead of my hand sex lines all night long.

And no response to the undermanned post? This thread is about Chris Beard, right? No one wants to hear about made up stories of those who bandy about stories of wealth and riches made in the sports gambling world, because they are all fake.

Online Vegas bets beeatch. So relax jman or should I say little man instead. As far as sex phone dates I got that covered ...I just call your moms. Lol..."liver lips" ...good cut yo...and "bandy"..you must be 90 or something...hilarious.

#2028327 - 02/25/18 10:18 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Kman_blue]
Tetonhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Jackson Hole, Wy
Why do you think Rick Barnes went to Tenn? He could not beat Kansas even by recruiting lottery picks.

#2028328 - 02/25/18 10:25 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Exactly....I wonder when Weber and Krueger will get a clue.

#2028329 - 02/25/18 11:02 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Point proven. Next round of firing should begin soon then! We are the only blue blood program in the Big 12, right. Is Florida a blue blood? Virginia? Oregon? All of these team have won a conference title in the last 14 seasons. SEC is a worse conference than the Big 12, but UK doesn't win the conference title every year.

I think that what we have done is truly great, but its also a matter of the other teams not showing up some nights, a lot of nights!

Every nationally respected basketball figure has said that this conference can not be that great of a basketball conference if one team can win 14 straight.

Its ok. Take the critique. OU and Texas have a bigger athletic budget than we do, and we still win this conference......... I think that is great!

#2028332 - 02/25/18 01:59 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jaycat92]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Every nationally respected basketball figure has said that this conference can not be that great of a basketball conference if one team can win 14 straight.

I watch a lot of college basketball. I have not heard one nationally respected basketball figure say the BIG 12 is no good because KANSAS has won 14 straight.

Must have missed them I suppose. Maybe when I was in the toilet or making a fridge run.

#2028335 - 02/25/18 02:19 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Still curious if a Louisville, Zona, or Texas (his alma mater) would be able to poach Beard if they wanted him.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2028336 - 02/25/18 02:24 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jaycat92]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Every nationally respected basketball figure has said that this conference can not be that great of a basketball conference if one team can win 14 straight

Let me repeat--there is one glaring advantage we have that Kentucky, UNC, etc. don't which has been a HUGE factor in our championship run--Allen Fieldnhouse.

Bobby Knight, Tubby Smith, Eddie Sutton--they NEVER won a game in AFH. All have been victorious on the road in Rupp Arena, for example.

ANY team, not necessarily KU, that goes unbeaten at home and only so-so on the road will be Big 12 champions. Just like ANY team that goes unbeaten at home in SEC, ACC and so-so on the road will probably be champs every time.

We are fortunate to have Allen Fieldhouse. It is THE difference.

Was the Pac 12 a weak conference when Wooden et al ran up that streak?

No. Like Self, you can count his home losses on one hand. Hell, his teams were so talented he rarely lost anywhere.

Edited by jahawker2004 (02/25/18 02:58 PM)

#2028337 - 02/25/18 02:25 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: dgless21]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Still curious if a Louisville, Zona, or Texas (his alma mater) would be able to poach Beard if they wanted him.

I hope he stays put. Continue's to build tt. Then we poach him when the time comes.

#2028340 - 02/25/18 02:55 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

I'd prefer he go ahead and bolt for Arizona until that time comes.

#2028344 - 02/25/18 04:00 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I want good coaches to stay in this conference. Strong Big 12 = strong KU. I still wonder how strong the PAC was during UCLA's 13 in a row. Haven't really heard that discussed.

#2028347 - 02/25/18 04:39 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Zona is definitely going to need someone..

#2028349 - 02/25/18 04:51 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: MICHHAWK]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Chris Beard will no doubt get a nice raise in pay this offseason.

#2028350 - 02/25/18 05:56 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Online Vegas bets beeatch. So relax jman or should I say little man instead. As far as sex phone dates I got that covered ...I just call your moms. Lol..."liver lips" ...good cut yo...and "bandy"..you must be 90 or something...hilarious.

You mad, Bro?

#2028351 - 02/25/18 06:21 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

During the game after KU/ Texas Tech, those anouncers and those during the UK/ Mizzou game all said the same thing. A conference can't be that dominant most years if one team can dominate it for 14 years. I don't think they were talking this year, but more so over the duration.
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK

I watch a lot of college basketball. I have not heard one nationally respected basketball figure say the BIG 12 is no good because KANSAS has won 14 straight.

Must have missed them I suppose. Maybe when I was in the toilet or making a fridge run.

#2028353 - 02/25/18 06:25 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Common sense people. Even Alabama cant win the SEC each and every season in football, and they win National Championships. Nothing we can do about others in this conference, but we can be realistic and know that this Big 12 is not great on talent most years, and rarely is this conference good in the Tourney.

I do think with a healthy Evans, Texas Tech can be an Elite 8 team, but only if he is 100%.

#2028354 - 02/25/18 06:34 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jman1]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

You mad, Bro?

Hardly sucka...maybe mildly amused...

#2028356 - 02/25/18 08:17 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jaycat92]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Nothing we can do about others in this conference, but we can be realistic and know that this Big 12 is not great on talent most years, and rarely is this conference good in the Tourney.

2017 NCAA Tournament performance by conference--

ACC 11-8
Big 10 8-7
Big12 9-6
Pac 12 10-4
SEC 11-5

Remember, the Big 12 has fewer teams.

Winning percentage of .667 behind only Pac 12, SEC.

2017 Tournament Conference head to head vs.other Power Five conferences

Big 12 5-4
ACC 3-7
Big 10 6-4
SEC 5-3
Pac 12 2-3

Again, winning percentage directly in middle of Power Five conferences.

Big 12 breakdown vs individual Power 5 conferences--
ACC 2-0
SEC 0-1
Pac 12 1-1
Big 10 2-2

These are the raw numbers. Make of them what you will. But they clearly indicate Big 12 in the middle of the pack among the Power Five conferences in every measure.

Edited by jahawker2004 (02/25/18 08:24 PM)

#2028357 - 02/25/18 08:46 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Most of the time when you get more teams into a tourney, your winning percentage will be less. Only one team can win it.

Middle of the pack, isn't the best conference in the country. I have never said that the Big 12 wasn't a solid conference. I just don't think we are or have been the best conference. There was a time in the early 2000's when we were maybe the best, but then it was Texas, Okie St, OU and Kansas going to Final 4's.

I am not bashing our success at all. I just get tired of the thought that this conference is so great. A great conference doesn't have one team control it every year for 14 straight years. We are a great program, and thats a fact.

#2028359 - 02/25/18 08:58 PM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jaycat92]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Great discussion. And I agree with most of your points.

But I do contend, like most the "experts" (Bilas, etc)--from TOP TO BOTTOM, the Big 12 indeed is the best conference in the country. The balance is clearly better than in any of the other Power 5 confernces.

#2028363 - 02/26/18 08:06 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: Jaycat92]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

14 straight has been accomplished. Now if we can get Honey Graham the BIG 12 POY and on the 1st Team AA this is a great season.

#2028369 - 02/26/18 09:29 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

If the Jayhawks dont at least get to the S16 or beyond it will put a sour ending to the season.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (02/26/18 09:30 AM)

#2028646 - 03/06/18 11:35 AM Re: CHRIS BEARD [Re: dgless21]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Beard got a six year extension today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview