Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028205 - 02/23/18 04:49 AM KU/TexTech biggest college game this yr?
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
I can't think of any game in the country this year that is bigger, not just for KU but nationally. Can anyone else name a bigger game?
You've got the 2 best teams, from the best conference in the country by far, both in the top 8 nationally, playing for first place for a conference title.
For Tekerson Tech, a win puts them back into a tie for first place with KU. A loss by Tekerson Tech would put them 2 games behind KU, making it almost impossible to get a share of the title.
For KU, a loss ties them with Tekerson Tech for first place, but a win guarantees at least a share of the conference title and a record 14 straight conference titles. A win gives KU a 2 game lead and puts them in a position to win it outright.
ESPN College Gameday will be there and the building will be roaring with Tekerson Tech students. I can't think of another game this year between any 2 teams that is bigger or could be a more exciting game. Yeah, Virginia, Purdue, Villanova and Xavier (pronounced Zaah-veee-yay as we all know) has played some top 10 teams this year, but their conferences are weak and those games were a snooze to watch.
KU is playing its best ball right now and was on fire vs OU. De Sousa finally started to be a dominant force. Everyone else who had a minor slump or an attitude problem a few weeks ago has worked it out and the team is firing like a traditional KU squad finally. Udok is making some free throws finally. We can't miss an outside shot right now. Our guards are nailing 3's like a frat guy. (nailing 3's...get it!? LOL!)
For KU a win helps secure a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. A loss potentially slips us to a #2 seed behind a few other teams on our heels.
A win by Tekerson Tech could potentially slide them up to a #1 seed in the tournament.
Tekerson Tech has been playing like a top seed all year. I'd wager Keenan Evans, who stubbed his toe last week will be ready to play for them Saturday as well.

This has to the game of the year in college basketball. I can't wait!

#2028207 - 02/23/18 10:08 AM Re: KU/TexTech biggest college game this yr? [Re: mushhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Unfortunately most of the country will never consider this the most important game of the season. And sadly as always the B12 is not the best basketball conference. But as long as KU wins I dont care about all of that...

#2028209 - 02/23/18 10:28 AM Re: KU/TexTech biggest college game this yr? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
And sadly as always the B12 is not the best basketball conference. But as long as KU wins I dont care about all of that...

You spend more timing campaigning that "the BIG 12 sucks," than any other person on this board. So I am guessing you do care.

#2028212 - 02/23/18 11:35 AM Re: KU/TexTech biggest college game this yr? [Re: mushhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Biggest college game of the year nationally?

Final game for the National Championship is THAT one...

#2028220 - 02/23/18 01:48 PM Re: KU/TexTech biggest college game this yr? [Re: mushhawk]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: mushhawk
Our guards are nailing 3's like a frat guy. (nailing 3's...get it!? LOL!)

Off the back board ......Miss.... Air ball....

Alexis Amore from Peru.

#2028222 - 02/23/18 02:00 PM Re: KU/TexTech biggest college game this yr? [Re: mushhawk]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
KU to win and beat the spread with Keenan Evans limited or out.

Keenan Evans under 10 points.

Graham above 17 points
Mykhailiuk below 15 points
Azubuike above 14 points
Vick below 13 points
Newman above 12 points
Lightfoot, Cunliffe, and De Sousa all to score

Big 12 Championship to be earned with fans at Allen field house celebrating.

Jennifer Walcott

#2028237 - 02/23/18 06:10 PM Re: KU/TexTech biggest college game this yr? [Re: Maximus]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Originally Posted By: Maximus
KU to win and beat the spread with Keenan Evans limited or out.

Keenan Evans under 10 points.

Graham above 17 points
Mykhailiuk below 15 points
Azubuike above 14 points
Vick below 13 points
Newman above 12 points
Lightfoot, Cunliffe, and De Sousa all to score

Big 12 Championship to be earned with fans at Allen field house celebrating.

Agree with everything except--

If Evans plays, he'll score more than 10 points.

Svi scores more than 15 points.

Not only does Cunliffe not score, he won't even play.

DeSousa will play briefly but not score.

#2028244 - 02/23/18 08:26 PM Re: KU/TexTech biggest college game this yr? [Re: mushhawk]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
So far this season we have played looser on the road than at home. I expect us to come out ready to play. I think if we can get out early and get a good lead, we win. If Tech comes out juiced up and ready, this might be a rendition of what happened in the Phog.

I think Tech causes some match up issues for us on both ends. If Evans doesn't play at 100%, then this will be an advantage for us.

We play in games like this all season long. Tech does not play in too many big games on this kind of stage. I think most of the non-game factors benefit us and our coaches.

Preview