Dedric Lawson
Vick
Cunliffe

That's 9 players who probably expect to play next season, add in

Grimes
Dotson
McCormack
Agbaji

If Langford joins who plays and who doesn't?

Also is there a chance De Sousa and Azubuike leave?

My guess is this 10 man rotation

Grimes
Dotson
McCormack
Azubuike
De Sousa
Newman
K.J. Lawson
Dedric Lawson
Vick
Langford - if he comes here, Lightfoot and Garrett rotate if he doesn't based on foul trouble.

What abut Moore?

That's 15 scholarship players. Two over.

Who leaves?

O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?

#2028043 - 02/19/18 04:51 PM Re: ROMEO IN, VICK OUT? [Re: Maximus]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Cunliffe will get playing time over next years freshman and De Sousa could start next year.

Nikki Ziering

De Sousa won't start next year unless he gets a sweet pair of those shoes.

#2028109 - 02/21/18 06:05 AM Re: ROMEO IN, VICK OUT? [Re: jahawker2004]
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
I hope Cunliffe stays patient and sticks it out. I see him being a really good baseline slasher/dunker or someone who could drive the lane and draw fouls really well. We've seen glimpses of his explosiveness. He shows a lot of potential. I think like DeSousa he's still trying to get to the point where everything clicks and is 2nd nature to him. It's hard to get any game-time momentum when our games are so close and you can't really afford to put guys in who are still getting the hang of everything. You go in, then commit a foul or turnover right away and then get taken out 30 seconds later. smile I think if we have a few more blowouts like we had against OU he might get a chance to get enough minutes in to get a few consecutive buckets. Then the crowd starts going crazy for you like with DeSousa vs OU and you get confidence really quickly.
I get a feeling that Cunliffe could bolt regardless of Langford or any additional recruits coming in. He always has a pissed off/frustrated look on his face when he's sitting on the bench.
He said in an interview a while back that he thought he was the most athletic guy on the team after Vick. I think he expected to get into the starting lineup when he became eligible. I hope he stays patient and stays for the long haul. There are a lot of KU greats that said they had doubts early on but worked hard and stuck it out and ended up in the AFH rafters after all was said and done.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview