Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028073 - 02/20/18 10:06 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Those of us that have been paying attention all season know KANSAS is not a #1 seed.

My eye test says we fall somewhere in the 3-4 seed range. We are a round of 32, maybe round of 16 team this season. No further.

If we got a #1 seed that would scare me to death.
It's not IF, but which regional will we be #1...still improving KU team.

#2028074 - 02/20/18 10:28 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
It is February 20th. We pretty much are what we are for this season.

Care to revise that statement? De Souza, Lightfoot and Dok are still works in progress. See OK game replay if you doubt.

We played great last night. We needed a game like that.

But it does not change my outlook for the rest of the season. If we start stringing along multiple games like that then I will revisit.

It was awesome to see The De Soso do his thing last night. Very happy for the youngster.

#2028076 - 02/20/18 11:24 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Care to revise that statement? De Souza, Lightfoot and Dok are still works in progress. See OK game replay if you doubt.

But it does not change my outlook for the rest of the season. If we start stringing along multiple games like that then I will revisit.

It was awesome to see The De Soso do his thing last night. Very happy for the youngster.

Mitch, get out of the crushing letdowns of the past, enjoy the upbeat fun of the present and anticipate the exciting possibilities of the future. It's makes life a lot more enjoyable. Don't worry about a let down, if it happens it happens. There's always next year. smile

#2028077 - 02/20/18 11:29 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm a cagey veteran dude. I don't let myself get too high. I don't let myself get too low.

#2028078 - 02/20/18 11:43 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

Mitch, get out of the crushing letdowns of the past, enjoy the upbeat fun of the present and anticipate the exciting possibilities of the future. It's makes life a lot more enjoyable. Don't worry about a let down, if it happens it happens. There's always next year. smile
I assume he has a lot of baggage that he won't let go of. It's enjoyable to see the mix of inexperience forwards/c with the savvy older backcourt. They are learning a lot while winning the last three.

The team is peaking, so don't be afraid to dream on.

#2028079 - 02/20/18 11:44 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
I'm a cagey veteran dude. I don't let myself get too high. I don't let myself get too low.

You just a sorry sucka in a hole. Hey cagey..when was the last time you spent the money to go to a game at AFH. I have been twice already this season...going again on senior night. What say ye...

#2028084 - 02/20/18 11:57 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Winding down my 66th season, I guess I'm a veteran of some kind, cagey or not. There's been a lot of ups and some downs. I've found that after every downer the sun always comes up the next morning and I can look forward to the next game even if it might be next year. I enjoy always seeing the glass at least half full and many times overflowing, especially during the past 35 seasons.

#2028087 - 02/20/18 12:27 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Dang you as old as the dirt that you farm...oh well thanks for being a loyal fan since the Naismith days....lol.

#2028088 - 02/20/18 12:47 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Yeah, Jim and I were good buddies. He just didn't win enough games. But he did invent a great game.

#2028105 - 02/20/18 08:59 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Ok. Reality check time. One game is not enough to say that Sousa or Lightfoot can carry any kind of a heavy load for major minutes. However, it is progress. If De Sousa can deliver a few minutes of production, that can help this current squad a lot. Again, its one game out of a few now that De Sousa has played that he actually had positive minutes.

Give me any power 5 team that gets double digit scoring from its starters, and I will show you a winner 75% of the time.

If we go into Texas Tech on Saturday and win, and we look like were heading into a good direction, then I might get a little more giddy myself for what might be this rosters ceiling.

#2028111 - 02/21/18 06:41 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
I think some of the feelings that we have that our team isn't as strong this year is due to how tough the conference is this year. If we played in any other conference, we'd have 1 or 2 conference losses. There are few teams with better guards and long range shooters than us. Doesn't this team have one of the highest scoring offenses in Self's tenure? What we are lacking in is partially compensated for by our guard play and long range shooting.
And our depth problem just got better with DeSousa stepping up for the first time against OU.
We aren't as deep as most KU teams in the post, but if we continue to play like we did against OU and get good minutes out of DeSousa, we could earn that #1 seed.
Saturday's game against Texas Tech will be a good test for how good we can be against top notch competition. It will be our toughest test of the year!

#2028113 - 02/21/18 09:06 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Love ya mush but your crazy. ..KU would have lost more games in the ACC and possibly the B1G.

#2028116 - 02/21/18 09:36 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The big 10 is awful. That exchange between Lunardi and dan dakich last week was wonderful television. Lunardi said this is probably the worst the big 10 has ever been. Ever. dan dakich did not like that.

The big 10 is awful.

#2028120 - 02/21/18 10:06 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jaycat92]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Jaycat92
Ok. Reality check time. One game is not enough to say that Sousa or Lightfoot can carry any kind of a heavy load for major minutes. However, it is progress. If De Sousa can deliver a few minutes of production, that can help this current squad a lot. Again, its one game out of a few now that De Sousa has played that he actually had positive minutes.

Give me any power 5 team that gets double digit scoring from its starters, and I will show you a winner 75% of the time.

If we go into Texas Tech on Saturday and win, and we look like were heading into a good direction, then I might get a little more giddy myself for what might be this rosters ceiling.
Progress is due to game time experience throughout the year. No one says what you claim is a complete giddiness based on one game, it's called progress...

#2028121 - 02/21/18 10:08 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: mushhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: mushhawk
I think some of the feelings that we have that our team isn't as strong this year is due to how tough the conference is this year. If we played in any other conference, we'd have 1 or 2 conference losses. There are few teams with better guards and long range shooters than us. Doesn't this team have one of the highest scoring offenses in Self's tenure? What we are lacking in is partially compensated for by our guard play and long range shooting.
And our depth problem just got better with DeSousa stepping up for the first time against OU.
We aren't as deep as most KU teams in the post, but if we continue to play like we did against OU and get good minutes out of DeSousa, we could earn that #1 seed.
Saturday's game against Texas Tech will be a good test for how good we can be against top notch competition. It will be our toughest test of the year!
We are a #1 seed somewhere based upon the body of work for the whole season. Just my opinion, but it's shared by a majority of qualified others.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview