Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028008 - 02/19/18 12:03 PM Quadrant 1
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Even though I think this year's Hawks are a better team than what some of our fans are willing to admit, I must confess that the newest ESPN NCAA Bracket Prediction puzzled me giving us a # 1 seeding. I've also been surprised at some of their previous seedings of us. They keep talking about Q 1 wins. Guess I've been asleep on this as I had no idea what they were talking about. To date KU and UNC have 9 Q 1 wins, the most in the country. I looked it up and found that they now give more weight to winning on a neutral court and even more on winning or losing on the other team's court and they divide wins/losses into Q 1, Q 2, Q 3 and Q 4. I like this, at least for the final seedings. Everyone knows that it's harder to win (usually) on the other team's home court. This certainly ought to help teams that have to schedule away games in the pre-season. I believe this will give us better balanced seedings, though not perfect, for the NCAA Tournament. I think it's a good move whether it helps us or not, which it is so far this year.

#2028010 - 02/19/18 12:56 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Those of us that have been paying attention all season know KANSAS is not a #1 seed.

My eye test says we fall somewhere in the 3-4 seed range. We are a round of 32, maybe round of 16 team this season. No further.

If we got a #1 seed that would scare me to death.

#2028012 - 02/19/18 01:09 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I've been paying attention and I think you and a lot of others are too pessimistic. Time will tell about what will happen. I'll take whatever seeding we are given as I don't have any choice. Seeding isn't really my concern anyway, except maybe who we get seeded with. Neither are the polls. Self believes that this team isn't close to its ceiling, but I think we are edging up. This week will be a good test.

#2028013 - 02/19/18 01:22 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

HCBS can speak his coach speak all he wants. The calendar says otherwise. It is February 19th. We pretty much are what we are for this season.

#2028015 - 02/19/18 01:51 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
I agree with Michhawk. I think most around the country know what this team is by now. Self knows. I am sure in practice against the transfers and others sitting we can look really good and haven't shown that in some games.

I do have one theory on the post season. I have wondered at times this season if and when the conference race is over or has been decided, if this team will play somewhat looser and relaxed.

Our lack of depth is a glaring weakness. In seasons past we have had weaknesses, but not this glaring of a weakness. If we play anyone with the ability to drive to the hoop and get us in foul trouble, were in trouble. Outside of Svi, Newman and Graham having super hot shooting nights, we can get beat by anyone.

#2028017 - 02/19/18 01:54 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

For the record we are not a #1 seed this season. We are at the highest a #2 seed. I would prefer we were a 3 or 4 seed this season. This team scares me. I can see this being the team thats given a #1 seed and being the first one to lose to a #16 seed!

#2028018 - 02/19/18 01:55 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

All five starters have shown some really good games recently. If all five plus Garrett and Lightfoot get their acts together in the same game, look out, they will be hard for anyone to beat. Will they? Who knows. I hope so and I will remain optimistic. We don't even need all of them to be at the top of their game to come out on top, just most of them and no one laying any eggs.

#2028021 - 02/19/18 02:12 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
If all five plus Garrett and Lightfoot get their acts together in the same game, look out, they will be hard for anyone to beat. We don't even need all of them to be at the top of their game to come out on top, just most of them and no one laying any eggs.

Dude, you just described the recipe for success for every team in the field of 64. What team in the field of 64 wouldn't be successful if they did what you describe.

#2028022 - 02/19/18 02:19 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If this team is firing on all cylinders they are certainly capable of making a run in March.

#2028032 - 02/19/18 03:29 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
If all five plus Garrett and Lightfoot get their acts together in the same game, look out, they will be hard for anyone to beat. We don't even need all of them to be at the top of their game to come out on top, just most of them and no one laying any eggs.

Dude, you just described the recipe for success for every team in the field of 64. What team in the field of 64 wouldn't be successful if they did what you describe.

Actually you are incorrect. There will be a good number of teams make the tournament that even if they play their very best won't be able to go all the way. They don't have good enough overall talent. If this Jayhawk team is clicking on all cylinders, they have enough talent to go all the way. Will they? At this point no one knows.

#2028035 - 02/19/18 04:08 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
People project KU having a high RPI being rewarded if they also win projected Big 12 League and Big 12 Tournament titles.

#2028044 - 02/19/18 04:53 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I never have really given the conference tourney much of a boost for anything. This season, with our lack of depth, I don't care if we make it out of the first round or our first game.

Basically we know that WVU, OU, Texas Tech, and KU are locks for the tourney. Texas close, and Baylor needing a few more wins as well. I don't give alot of attention to the conference tourney. I think our seeding lines won't change much win or lose. Texas Tech could benefit from winning the tourney and getting a high seed (2) at best. REally after that, its all up for grabs.

#2028055 - 02/19/18 06:08 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jaycat92]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Baylor's wins over KU and TT gets them in.

KU probably a #1 seed if they selected today. Yeah i agree we aren't that consistent and dominant this year, but you could say that about every team except Nova and Michigan State.

Duke and UNC both have sputtered at times this season. Virginia too one-dimensional and Purdue and Cincy WAY overrated. Not impressed with Auburn. Xavier a sleeper. Parity in March Madness htis year, we've got a puncher's chance even with our worst overall team in years.

#2028066 - 02/19/18 11:39 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

All five starters have shown some really good games recently. If all five plus Garrett and Lightfoot get their acts together in the same game, look out, they will be hard for anyone to beat. Will they? Who knows. I hope so and I will remain optimistic. We don't even need all of them to be at the top of their game to come out on top, just most of them and no one laying any eggs.

Tonight we did what I was talking about today. All five starters had a really good game, double digit scores for all five of them. Dok did foul too much early on and it limited his minutes. That's where we've been the weakest, missing him while he's on the bench. But Lightfoot came in and really worked hard defensively during his seven minutes. But like Dok fouled too much. That's normally a really bad situation for us. But, wow! De Sousa came in and was a real asset, six rebounds and ten points. No misses out of three shoots and 4 for 4 from the line. Our weakest point is no longer our weakest! Our greatest need now is consistency. If we can achieve that, we will finish the season quite well, both the regular as well as the tourneys. I'm even more optimistic about this team. Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU!

#2028070 - 02/20/18 09:19 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
It is February 20th. We pretty much are what we are for this season.

Care to revise that statement? De Souza, Lightfoot and Dok are still works in progress. See OK game replay if you doubt.

#2028073 - 02/20/18 10:06 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Those of us that have been paying attention all season know KANSAS is not a #1 seed.

My eye test says we fall somewhere in the 3-4 seed range. We are a round of 32, maybe round of 16 team this season. No further.

If we got a #1 seed that would scare me to death.
It's not IF, but which regional will we be #1...still improving KU team.

#2028074 - 02/20/18 10:28 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

Care to revise that statement? De Souza, Lightfoot and Dok are still works in progress. See OK game replay if you doubt.

We played great last night. We needed a game like that.

But it does not change my outlook for the rest of the season. If we start stringing along multiple games like that then I will revisit.

It was awesome to see The De Soso do his thing last night. Very happy for the youngster.

#2028076 - 02/20/18 11:24 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

But it does not change my outlook for the rest of the season. If we start stringing along multiple games like that then I will revisit.

It was awesome to see The De Soso do his thing last night. Very happy for the youngster.

Mitch, get out of the crushing letdowns of the past, enjoy the upbeat fun of the present and anticipate the exciting possibilities of the future. It's makes life a lot more enjoyable. Don't worry about a let down, if it happens it happens. There's always next year. smile

#2028077 - 02/20/18 11:29 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm a cagey veteran dude. I don't let myself get too high. I don't let myself get too low.

#2028078 - 02/20/18 11:43 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Mitch, get out of the crushing letdowns of the past, enjoy the upbeat fun of the present and anticipate the exciting possibilities of the future. It's makes life a lot more enjoyable. Don't worry about a let down, if it happens it happens. There's always next year. smile
I assume he has a lot of baggage that he won't let go of. It's enjoyable to see the mix of inexperience forwards/c with the savvy older backcourt. They are learning a lot while winning the last three.

The team is peaking, so don't be afraid to dream on.

#2028079 - 02/20/18 11:44 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
I'm a cagey veteran dude. I don't let myself get too high. I don't let myself get too low.

You just a sorry sucka in a hole. Hey cagey..when was the last time you spent the money to go to a game at AFH. I have been twice already this season...going again on senior night. What say ye...

#2028084 - 02/20/18 11:57 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Winding down my 66th season, I guess I'm a veteran of some kind, cagey or not. There's been a lot of ups and some downs. I've found that after every downer the sun always comes up the next morning and I can look forward to the next game even if it might be next year. I enjoy always seeing the glass at least half full and many times overflowing, especially during the past 35 seasons.

#2028087 - 02/20/18 12:27 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Dang you as old as the dirt that you farm...oh well thanks for being a loyal fan since the Naismith days....lol.

#2028088 - 02/20/18 12:47 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Yeah, Jim and I were good buddies. He just didn't win enough games. But he did invent a great game.

#2028105 - 02/20/18 08:59 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Ok. Reality check time. One game is not enough to say that Sousa or Lightfoot can carry any kind of a heavy load for major minutes. However, it is progress. If De Sousa can deliver a few minutes of production, that can help this current squad a lot. Again, its one game out of a few now that De Sousa has played that he actually had positive minutes.

Give me any power 5 team that gets double digit scoring from its starters, and I will show you a winner 75% of the time.

If we go into Texas Tech on Saturday and win, and we look like were heading into a good direction, then I might get a little more giddy myself for what might be this rosters ceiling.

#2028111 - 02/21/18 06:41 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
I think some of the feelings that we have that our team isn't as strong this year is due to how tough the conference is this year. If we played in any other conference, we'd have 1 or 2 conference losses. There are few teams with better guards and long range shooters than us. Doesn't this team have one of the highest scoring offenses in Self's tenure? What we are lacking in is partially compensated for by our guard play and long range shooting.
And our depth problem just got better with DeSousa stepping up for the first time against OU.
We aren't as deep as most KU teams in the post, but if we continue to play like we did against OU and get good minutes out of DeSousa, we could earn that #1 seed.
Saturday's game against Texas Tech will be a good test for how good we can be against top notch competition. It will be our toughest test of the year!

#2028113 - 02/21/18 09:06 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Love ya mush but your crazy. ..KU would have lost more games in the ACC and possibly the B1G.

#2028116 - 02/21/18 09:36 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The big 10 is awful. That exchange between Lunardi and dan dakich last week was wonderful television. Lunardi said this is probably the worst the big 10 has ever been. Ever. dan dakich did not like that.

The big 10 is awful.

#2028120 - 02/21/18 10:06 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jaycat92]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Jaycat92
Ok. Reality check time. One game is not enough to say that Sousa or Lightfoot can carry any kind of a heavy load for major minutes. However, it is progress. If De Sousa can deliver a few minutes of production, that can help this current squad a lot. Again, its one game out of a few now that De Sousa has played that he actually had positive minutes.

Give me any power 5 team that gets double digit scoring from its starters, and I will show you a winner 75% of the time.

If we go into Texas Tech on Saturday and win, and we look like were heading into a good direction, then I might get a little more giddy myself for what might be this rosters ceiling.
Progress is due to game time experience throughout the year. No one says what you claim is a complete giddiness based on one game, it's called progress...

#2028121 - 02/21/18 10:08 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: mushhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: mushhawk
I think some of the feelings that we have that our team isn't as strong this year is due to how tough the conference is this year. If we played in any other conference, we'd have 1 or 2 conference losses. There are few teams with better guards and long range shooters than us. Doesn't this team have one of the highest scoring offenses in Self's tenure? What we are lacking in is partially compensated for by our guard play and long range shooting.
And our depth problem just got better with DeSousa stepping up for the first time against OU.
We aren't as deep as most KU teams in the post, but if we continue to play like we did against OU and get good minutes out of DeSousa, we could earn that #1 seed.
Saturday's game against Texas Tech will be a good test for how good we can be against top notch competition. It will be our toughest test of the year!
We are a #1 seed somewhere based upon the body of work for the whole season. Just my opinion, but it's shared by a majority of qualified others.

#2028122 - 02/21/18 10:08 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I wont get into a lengthy diatribe with you explaining this subject. Sure the B1G is a bit down this yr. But over the yrs it is better than the B12. KU would never string 13 titles in row in the B1G or the ACC. If you hayseeds really think that they could you are delusional which you already are....nomsayin.

#2028123 - 02/21/18 10:11 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
I wont get into a lengthy diatribe with you explaining this subject. Sure the B1G is a bit down this yr. But over the yrs it is better than the B12. KU would never string 13 titles in row in the B1G or the ACC. If you hayseeds really think that they could you are delusional which you already are....nomsayin.
No other team currently has the staff of Kansas to make it theoretically happen. Know what I'm saying? LOL

#2028126 - 02/21/18 10:28 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

To quote Joey Brackets "the big 10 is historically down this season."

#2028127 - 02/21/18 10:47 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

If you take Joey Brackets word for gold then its fool's gold. In other words no good. And actually Kookupuchu its not as much the staff at KU( in fact its down currently compared to earlier Bill Self staffs)...its the B12 competition. I did a comparison with the other Power 5 conferences on the number of times teams from those conferences made Final 4s in the last 20 yrs. Guess what the B12 comes in dead last. In fact if it wasnt for KU it would be truly pathetic.

#2028134 - 02/21/18 11:40 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

KU has a lot of win against Rank team and good non conference schedule for high RPI.

KU win against Texas Tech and it would lead to a #2 seed. West Virgina should also pound their flesh, in fouls, against Texas Tech that besots KU inability to win outright without help. I doubt Okalahoma State beat Texas Tech on 2/2/2018.

Future girl friend Jessa Hinton.

#2028135 - 02/21/18 11:41 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2028136 - 02/21/18 11:41 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2028164 - 02/21/18 10:37 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Maybe not. I don't think any of those teams could have strung together 13 in a row in the Big 12.

Michigan St. 2010-11 19-15

Duke 2006-07 22-11

North Carolina 2009-10 20-17

Kentucky 2007-08 18-13

The thing about KU is their consistency. KU has 28 consecutive NCAA appearances. Nobody else has done that.

#2028182 - 02/22/18 11:50 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Your last statement is true. No way to know if Duke...Carolina...or Kensuck could have dominated the B12 in the same manner as KU has...but again I dont think KU could have gotten 13 st8 in the B1G or ACC...no way to know that either. The 28 straight tourney appearances is great and would have been over 30 if not for our 88-89 probation season. Dominating for over 30 yrs basically. Now if we could only close the deal better. 3-6 in NCAA Championship games is a hard pill to swallow. 4 of those losses less than 5 pts per game...OUCH...

#2028375 - 02/26/18 11:53 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

The new Quadrant measuring program is not hurting KU's status any. All teams are rated in quadrants of 1 - 4 based on their record. To date KU has an 11-3 record against Quadrant 1 teams and an 18-5 record against Quadrant 1 & 2 teams. KU is tops in both categories and in the Q 1 & Q 2 they have four more wins than anyone else. Yes this team has stumbled a few times but have more than made up for it with a bunch of good wins. I'm less concerned what our # seed is than who we end up with in our bracket for the NCAA T. Most often the NCAA Champs is the team that strings together six good games no matter what their seeding is. If our guys can do that, they are capable of cutting down the nets in April.

Their winning 14 straight is sweet, sweet, sweet! A great accomplishment that many said couldn't happen. I'm looking forward to a really good possibility for 15 straight next year.

#2028376 - 02/26/18 12:15 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I just read a twitter post that said that KU ranked at # 6 is laughable. I believe it is very credible. Our greatest weakness at this point is consistency. If our first seven guys play at the level they are capable consistently, they can beat anyone. Having seven playing with consistency we wouldn't even need De Sousa. By consistency I mean playing up to or near their capability and staying out of foul trouble.

#2028378 - 02/26/18 12:25 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I just read a twitter post that said that KU ranked at # 6 is laughable. I believe it is very credible.

Don't you know, what you read and hear and see on the social media is always gospel.

#2028379 - 02/26/18 12:35 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I just read a twitter post that said that KU ranked at # 6 is laughable. I believe it is very credible.

Don't you know, what you read and hear and see on the social media is always gospel.

Oh yes, it certainly has to be! Even on this message board! laugh

#2028382 - 02/26/18 01:21 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh yes, it certainly has to be! Even on this message board! laugh

Unless its posted by the mighty Gusher then it is always 100% credible....

#2028790 - 03/11/18 10:13 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

The new quadrant ratings certainly was a help to KU getting the third # 1 seeding. We have the best record in the nation concerning Q 1 & Q 2 ratings of games we've played. Looks like our team is starting to gel at just the right time for the Tourney. Newman is really getting with it now and Vick is picking it up too. Their lack of playing their potential has hurt us during a lot of the season. De Sousa really came alive our last game. If these three can keep it up and Graham, Svi and Dok do their thing, we could go all the way. I think many of the "experts" are over looking our Jayhawks. I like that. Gives our team a little more incentive. We do have to show up for every game.

#2028802 - 03/12/18 11:33 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Lot of KU haters stating we dont deserve the 1 seed on fb. So here was my 52 type lengthy response to them. And it goes like this.
KU has the most Q1/Q2 wins and that is what the committee based the seeding on...KU has 8 straight true road wins when playing top 10 ranked teams this is a D! all time record. KU has won 14 straight conference titles which also is a all time D1 record. KU has won the conference tournament be it B12/B8/B7/MVC over 60 total times during there history. No other elite D1 team comes close as far as I know.

We have a current 29 straight streak making the NCAA Tournament...no one else comes close...and we have made the tournament 47 out of the 78 yrs it has been held..maybe not the most but close. 14 Final 4s is only surpassed by Kentucky..Duke ..and UNC. Our one short coming is KU is 3-6 in National Championship games. 4 of the losses were less than 5 pts. A basket made here a freethrow or two there and we could have 5 or 6 NCs. And finally sure KU has had a few early round gufaws as a high seed since 2000. The 2 to the Killer Bs come to mind....but Duke has lost 3 times in the first round since 2000. Hell Kensucky and UNC failed to qualify a few times since 2000. So in the big picture I told these haters to fuk off and KU indeed deserved the number one seed....like I stated 52 like...lol...

#2028803 - 03/12/18 11:45 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It's all blubbering nonsense. Yes we deserve the #1 seed. But I do not believe for a second that we are a top 4 team. I think we are the 3rd best team in our bracket. I think we are a top 8 team. But not a top 4.

We absolutely deserve the #1 seed.

#2028804 - 03/12/18 11:59 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

What ..everything I stated was blubbering nonsense???? Not really everything I stated was factual. It was more to prove to the KU haters on how excellent KU hoops has been over the yrs...NCs aside we have been the best program for the last 25 yrs...

#2028806 - 03/12/18 12:47 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

What ..everything I stated was blubbering nonsense???? Not really everything I stated was factual. It was more to prove to the KU haters on how excellent KU hoops has been over the yrs...NCs aside we have been the best program for the last 25 yrs...

As much as it grieves me to say so, I have to agree with my old Phoggy friend with what he's been saying on this post concerning KU. grin The main thing I would change is to stretch the last 25 years to 35 years, the beginning of the Brown, Williams, Self era. During this time we have won, to date, 996 games to Dukes 986. During this time we've been below 25 win seasons six times (1-19 wins, 1-22 wins, 2-23 wins and 2-24 wins). Duke has been below 25 win season eight times (1-13 wins, 1-18 wins, 1-22 wins, 1-23 wins and 4-24 wins). I'll let someone else figure up UNCs, but I doubt that they measure up to either team. Yes KU measures up quite well.

#2028820 - 03/13/18 10:34 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

19 win season was Roi's first season and also the season we were on probation. If not that KU would have a 33 yrs consecutive making the NCAA tournament.

#2028823 - 03/13/18 11:48 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

19 win season was Roi's first season and also the season we were on probation. If not that KU would have a 33 yrs consecutive making the NCAA tournament.

Would actually be 35 consecutive years, five under Brown, 15 under Williams and 15 under Self.

#2028824 - 03/13/18 12:08 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Thought Brown only coached 3 yrs there. I was serving my country from 81-87. I didnt really started paying attention to KU hoops until 86 again. I was too occupied protecting Kansas plowboys from the Soviet threat...

#2028837 - 03/14/18 06:51 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Thought Brown only coached 3 yrs there. I was serving my country from 81-87. I didnt really started paying attention to KU hoops until 86 again. I was too occupied protecting Kansas plowboys from the Soviet threat...

Your service time is deeply appreciated as I have deep respect for our military service personnel. Trust that you have some regard for the many farmers who helped feed you during your time of service as well as the many years since.

#2028839 - 03/14/18 10:04 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Are you really going to compare farming which I agree is important to being in the military detering the Soviet threat. Outside of a twister or some tractor incident farmers dont really ut themselves in harms way like our military does.

But let me switch to a basketball subject. God forbids but if KU loses to Penn tomorrow being the first 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed in tournament history would you continue to be a KU hoops fan. I don't think I could. It would be the ultimate choke job...it won't happen but if it does eventually happen I am pretty sure it is going to happen to old KU. We have a tendency for creating first time events. Duke wins their first NC over KU..VCU gets first F4 with win over KU....Maryland gets first F4 win over KU...TCU gets first B12 win over KU...

#2028840 - 03/14/18 10:46 AM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Since KU becomes a #1 seed more often than not, our chances to lose to a #16 are FAR greater than say OU. But not to Penn tomorrow.

#2028846 - 03/14/18 01:37 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: Jayhawk1952]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Vegas line opened at 15 1/2.

#2028852 - 03/14/18 04:00 PM Re: Quadrant 1 [Re: 58hawk]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Vegas line opened at 15 1/2.

Take the Quackers +15.5

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >