Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2027895 - 02/16/18 04:49 PM Baldwin's Status?
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Was Baldwin kicked off of the team? If he's still on the team maybe Ricker will use him next season. It's hard to believe that Beaty hasn't been able to get any production out of Charlot and Baldwin.

Edited by pizzanbeer (02/16/18 11:11 PM)

#2027901 - 02/16/18 05:31 PM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: pizzanbeer]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
It's hard to believe that Beaty hasn't be able to get any production out of Charlot and Baldwin.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh grin grin grin grin grin
That is the single funniest thing I've read on this board in years! Thanks for making my day end in laughter!

#2027902 - 02/16/18 05:59 PM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Yes it would be nice if Beaty used his time as HC here to explain his moves. If they are useless adds, no difference from the Weis era. Give us fans the info instead of stonewalling the obvious.

JC & transfers are no way to enhance Kansas football. He is Weis 2.0!!

#2027970 - 02/18/18 05:23 PM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
prairiehawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: KS
KUCO - Calling HCDB a Weis 2 might be a little harsh. But what are DB's options at this point? The pressure is on, and increased W's are essential. So, if he does not bring in juco and transfer players for immediate help as starters and needed gap players, then what does he do? What specifically would you do to correct the situation and save your job at this point (remembering this is year 4 of a 5 year contract)? And please don't say I would have done something different my first, second, or third year. I'm not putting you down, I am just interested in what you would do. So - What would be your plan NOW to win games and save your job?

Edited by prairiehawk (02/18/18 05:24 PM)

#2027982 - 02/19/18 07:52 AM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: prairiehawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: prairiehawk
KUCO - Calling HCDB a Weis 2 might be a little harsh. But what are DB's options at this point? The pressure is on, and increased W's are essential. So, if he does not bring in juco and transfer players for immediate help as starters and needed gap players, then what does he do? What specifically would you do to correct the situation and save your job at this point (remembering this is year 4 of a 5 year contract)? And please don't say I would have done something different my first, second, or third year. I'm not putting you down, I am just interested in what you would do. So - What would be your plan NOW to win games and save your job?

I know you didn't ask me, but my response to this issue is as follows:

If Beaty and Zenger TRULY care about the KU grid program, they would BOTH RESIGN immediately. It shouldn't be about them, but that is what it's all boiled down to.

#2027986 - 02/19/18 10:30 AM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

My answer to the question of what to do NOW about winning games and keeping the job. Use the newest 4 year DB players vs the 1-3 year transfers, JCs that have been recruited. It would reassure the fans that KU is going to revert back to being a four year sports institution worthy of being in the BG12. The class of 2018 should be converted to a publicized transition class of final "castoffs". Begin to walk the Beaty talk. Give the QB spot to someone longer than 4 games. Start to talk about the failures of year 1-3 openly to the media and fans. Including his own failures due to inexperience.

I prefer being the HC in year one, of course, or having the two idiots resign immediately but you were wanting something along this line. It's not hard to do my suggestions but it wouldn't help win more games in 2018. But it would save his job in 2018. Just look at our roster right now and you should agree it could have been better populated by now with 4 year players. The rollercoaster ride (roster adds) of DB currently cannot have a good ending IMHO.

#2028000 - 02/19/18 10:55 AM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: beenahawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Originally Posted By: beenahawk

If Beaty and Zenger TRULY care about the KU grid program, they would BOTH RESIGN immediately. It shouldn't be about them, but that is what it's all boiled down to.

If you've been around the last seven years, it's obvious that Zenger doesn't care about KU football. It has been all about him. Twice he vetoed the committee and picked "his" guy that flopped magnificently. He has spent all seven years dragging his feet on the football stadium while doing next to nothing to increase revenue or attendance.

For someone with his overlong tenure, it is depressing that his biggest football related success has been a locker room renovation.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2028004 - 02/19/18 11:19 AM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: dgless21]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21

If you've been around the last seven years, it's obvious that Zenger doesn't care about KU football. It has been all about him. Twice he vetoed the committee and picked "his" guy that flopped magnificently. He has spent all seven years dragging his feet on the football stadium while doing next to nothing to increase revenue or attendance.

For someone with his overlong tenure, it is depressing that his biggest football related success has been a locker room renovation.

I've been around for countless inept AD's and one really good one and one decent one. Look historically at KU and our interim AD's have done far more to advance the schools athletics than virtually all the others combined.

That said, don't sell Zenger so short.....he's made parking for grid games far easier!

#2028034 - 02/19/18 04:00 PM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: beenahawk]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I've been around for countless inept AD's and one really good one and one decent one. Look historically at KU and our interim AD's have done far more to advance the schools athletics than virtually all the others combined.

That said, don't sell Zenger so short.....he's made parking for grid games far easier!

There is something to be said about pulling up to the stadium 60 seconds before game time, park 4 seconds away, pay $2 for a ticket and get 50 yardline seats. Particularly if you're a fan of the opposing team. The master plan is COMPLETE.

#2028045 - 02/19/18 04:57 PM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I have heard that the calling for season ticket renewal process is not being very fruitful this year for some season. How much would that job suck?

#2028046 - 02/19/18 05:04 PM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: KUHawkhead]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I have heard that the calling for season ticket renewal process is not being very fruitful this year for some season. How much would that job suck?

Easy fix for that: Just give out Zinger's, David Beaty's & Clint Bowen's personal cell numbers. Season ticket sales should be BOOMING in no time.

I could straighten that sh!t up in a few minutes. New coaches and all.

#2028048 - 02/19/18 05:20 PM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: KUHawkhead]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery

My rep didn't even really try. I told him I'd be tailgating, but I had no intention of renewing.

His only response was that continued season ticket holders would be rewarded in the new stadium. Otherwise, he seemed to agree that last season was extremely frustrating and didn't work much harder to get me to renew.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2028049 - 02/19/18 05:33 PM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: dgless21]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

My rep didn't even really try. I told him I'd be tailgating, but I had no intention of renewing.

His only response was that continued season ticket holders would be rewarded in the new stadium. Otherwise, he seemed to agree that last season was extremely frustrating and didn't work much harder to get me to renew.

Rewarded in what year? 2038? That might be a little too late for some "renewers".

#2028050 - 02/19/18 05:40 PM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I sincerely doubt the spring game will be a winner for Kansas.

#2028075 - 02/20/18 10:41 AM Re: Baldwin's Status? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I sincerely doubt the spring game will be a winner for Kansas.

I agree, Beaty's losing streak will hit an even dozen....as the team "plays with itself"! laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview