Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2027794 - 02/15/18 07:43 AM Kansas HC Beaty loses...
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
...his fanbase support w/o any real coaching efforts resulting in BG12 wins w/o opposing coach being fired. This topic is a result of the opposing topic posted regarding the media in Lawrence being blamed for the environment created during the last three years. My background in J-school at KU has created my interest in viewpoints at this point in time.

#2027812 - 02/15/18 10:53 AM Re: Kansas HC Beaty loses... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
...his fanbase support w/o any real coaching efforts resulting in BG12 wins w/o opposing coach being fired. This topic is a result of the opposing topic posted regarding the media in Lawrence being blamed for the environment created during the last three years. My background in J-school at KU has created my interest in viewpoints at this point in time.

That is one very rambling almost incoherent paragraph for someone with Journalism knowledge! I'm sure no one who reads it has a clue what you are talking about or if you had a question or point to make.

That said, I think Beaty created his own "toxic environment" over the past 3 years, with 2017 being the capper.....he way over promised and under delivered. Frankly, I am not hung up on wins/losses as much as I am simply looking for any improvements and a competitive football team. Under Beaty, I have seen no signs of either which is why he has only 3 wins in 3 years at the helm. I honestly believe that Bill Snyder, Glen Mason or Mark Mangino would have won a minimum of 3 and as many as 5 with the same roster Beaty had in 2017.

#2027813 - 02/15/18 12:08 PM Re: Kansas HC Beaty loses... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Not sure what journalism has to do with it whatsoever, but Kansas football has been a toxic environment since Zenger showed up. The fanbase started to go when he showed up, and it hasn't improved.

Beaty would be gone at any other P5 program, but our AD is on the hot seat too. Beaty is getting more time only because Zenger has outrageously screwed up the last two coaching searches and knows he shouldn't, and hopefully won't, get a third chance.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2027816 - 02/15/18 12:30 PM Re: Kansas HC Beaty loses... [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: beenahawk

That is one very rambling almost incoherent paragraph for someone with Journalism knowledge! I'm sure no one who reads it has a clue what you are talking about or if you had a question or point to make.

That said, I think Beaty created his own "toxic environment" over the past 3 years, with 2017 being the capper.....he way over promised and under delivered. Frankly, I am not hung up on wins/losses as much as I am simply looking for any improvements and a competitive football team. Under Beaty, I have seen no signs of either which is why he has only 3 wins in 3 years at the helm. I honestly believe that Bill Snyder, Glen Mason or Mark Mangino would have won a minimum of 3 and as many as 5 with the same roster Beaty had in 2017.
So sorry about the rambling but my excuse is that I was on the light rail while composing it. Point counterpoint is my intent since we seem to have some people totally putting the media to task for "not being positive" about the mess.

#2027827 - 02/15/18 03:02 PM Re: Kansas HC Beaty loses... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk

So sorry about the rambling but my excuse is that I was on the light rail while composing it. Point counterpoint is my intent since we seem to have some people totally putting the media to task for "not being positive" about the mess.

Normally I find myself at odds with your comments as they tend to be rather dark and dismal, but I believe in this post you are accurate in your assessment..just my opinion of course.
What is amazing...in spite of the lack of success beaty has provided to date...he still has an opportunity to turn it around with a good team performance this year...similar to what he predicted for last year.

#2027830 - 02/15/18 04:49 PM Re: Kansas HC Beaty loses... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas

All the media, especially Keegan, are really doing is reporting the facts.

fact: Beaty is 3-33 in 3 years.
fact: Beaty has had a rather high turnover in his staff.
fact: Beaty was reported to be a stellar recruiter, especially in Texas
fact: Beaty has made little progress in recruiting the state of Texas.
fact: Beaty's teams normally don't just get beat, they get hammered!
fact: During Beaty's tenure, home football attendance has shrunk to lowest level since the mid 1950's.
fact: Beaty was hired to "fix" the JUCO mess created by his predecessor.
fact: Beaty has relied heavily on JUCO and Grad transfers in building the roster.
fact: The vast majority of Kansas Grid fans have given up on both Beaty and Zenger.

Some may not like to hear this stuff, but sometimes the truth is painful.

#2027838 - 02/15/18 07:08 PM Re: Kansas HC Beaty loses... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Those are all beautiful facts, but no one complained about his "facts" in the last thread.

I don't see how Keegan's editorials are all that much different that much of what was posted in that thread. Change one of his more negative articles to "Beaty is TRASH," and you have essentially the same thing. Someone(s) reported what his/her (their) thoughts were on a topic and how they'd suggest fixing it much like Keegan does. Some people enjoyed the read. Others did not.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2027841 - 02/15/18 07:40 PM Re: Kansas HC Beaty loses... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Yes I avoided calling this one “db is garbage”. But I wanted some counterpoint to the media being called out for simple fact reporting. Yes Beaty thinks it is unfair. But fans want fair results like some wins!!

Or less JCs...

Or a plan to win sometime in the near future

Preview