Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2027705 - 02/11/18 06:00 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: shawneehawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Originally Posted By: shawneehawk
If this is one of the best recruiting classes in KU football history as Beaty claims and alludes to.....

Literally no one, sober or drunk, has claimed that, ever.

Even the biggest homer will tell you Pooka and Corione are top level recruits, but the JUCOs have a lot to prove.

Literally have NEVER heard this is one of the best recruiting classes until your post.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2027729 - 02/12/18 06:16 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: dgless21]
tsveach Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Literally have NEVER heard this is one of the best recruiting classes until your post.

I think it may be the highest rating we've had in the history of our university here,” Beaty said of KU’s 2018 signing class, “since they've been keeping rankings. If it's not, it's close.”

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2018/feb/0...ar-hi/?football

#2027730 - 02/12/18 06:29 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: SPHawks]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I guess I don't see where he suggests "best."

He really went out on a limb by saying he thinks it may be close to the highest ranked classes KU has ever had after suggesting he doesn't follow recruiting rankings.

If he wanted to say this is the best class we've ever had, why wouldn't he just say exactly that? I know this is weird, but some people are direct and actually say what they mean rather than forcing message boarders to read between the lines and quote mangle.

But I'm sure many of you will keep reaching for new things to insinuate and then complain about. Soooo....carry on.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2027733 - 02/13/18 07:38 AM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: SPHawks]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Since Beaty believes he invented this style of Kansas football (LOL), he meant this is HIS best class ever. Who cares about winning. Just keep recruiting, no problem about ever winning meaningful games. Or ever winning any games on field.

#2027739 - 02/13/18 11:11 AM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Since Beaty believes he invented this style of Kansas football (LOL), he meant this is HIS best class ever. Who cares about winning. Just keep recruiting, no problem about ever winning meaningful games. Or ever winning any games on field.

Recruiting "ratings" don't mean a thing. Geesh, look at almost every class Bill Snyder has ever recruited! Just looking at the ratings, KSU should have only 6 or 7 wins the last few years based upon their rank and ours.

As far as best recruiting classes in our history? I'd give the nod to Fam's first two classes in the early 70's...then Fam again in 80.....then Mason in 89 & 90.. Those five classes are worlds better than anything else we ever had.

#2027750 - 02/13/18 04:14 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: shawneehawk
If this is one of the best recruiting classes in KU football history as Beaty claims and alludes to.....

Literally no one, sober or drunk, has claimed that, ever.

Even the biggest homer will tell you Pooka and Corione are top level recruits, but the JUCOs have a lot to prove.

He was probably high when he said it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Preview