Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2027565 - 02/07/18 02:30 PM Tom Keegan is TRASH
SPHawks Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: KS
I know this will lead to my account being deleted from KUsports.com, but as long as Tom Keegan is associated with the site, I don't have any interest in reading anything posted on it. I'm thankful for the hardworking writers like Benton Smith, Matt Tait and company, but that lardass has ruined reading stories on this website for me.

I know the product put on the field for KU football has been less than ideal. The excuses seem like they've continued on and on. But truth be told, I don't think there are many coaches who would have it "turned around" by now anyway. What really angers me about Keegan is how he belittles the student-athletes like Daniel Wise, who is not only a great player, but a great representative of the University of Kansas. Today, he interrupts and is a complete ass to Beaty and tried to make the situation Coach Beaty was in as difficult as he can, since it was a live interview. I honestly believe Coach Beaty is doing everything in his power to not only get a winning product on the field, but also getting good men in his program. Tom's dumbass belittles HCDB and the players, it is a horrible look for the University and adds a negative vibe that we don't need. Be critical, but do it in a productive manner.

You'll frown on me for calling him a lardass, but i'll treat Tom like he treats college athletes. Piece out Kusports, and adios fatass keegan.

#2027567 - 02/07/18 02:45 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: SPHawks]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I think Beaty created the latest firestorm(s) and Keegan has a job to do. Even the Kansan has called out Beaty/Zenger for the job performance so far. BTW, few posters are thrown off here. Doubt you will catch any flack from anyone associated.

#2027568 - 02/07/18 03:01 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: SPHawks]
Jman1 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Shoot, if KooKoo and Jman can't get booted, who can?

But, we liven it up a bit.

SP, you mean "peace out"? Your context may have a hint of pent up aggression that you may be harboring........

But it's cool with me

#2027569 - 02/07/18 03:05 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: SPHawks]
EstebanBugatti Online   content
Phog Fanatic

Keegan is the only person in the media with the balls to call out Beaty and Zenger's BS. You are a [censored] for trying to bash the one person that actually cares enough about KU football to say what needs to be said. Stop buying the lies that Zenger and Beaty are trying to sell you!

#2027573 - 02/07/18 03:27 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: SPHawks]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
I thought Beaty handled Keegan's questions very effectively. The difference in retention between the juco guys he has brought in versus the previous coach are night and day diffferent. Tom's insistence on 2021 being a major problem just shows how little he knows about how classes change over time depending on a multitude of factors....redshirts, injuries,etc.

From my perspective Keegan came off as a whiner...not some great defender of the program. If he wanted to challenge Beaty on performance to date and next year I would have supported that....but harping on jucos(as though they will create the same problems they did under weis) ..is missing the real point...jucos are not inherently bad...they serve a useful purpose in filling holes...they are only bad when they are BAD jucos like Weis brought in.

Edited by track (02/07/18 03:32 PM)

#2027574 - 02/07/18 03:32 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: Jman1]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I won't say that either is right or wrong, but it definitely got semi-confrontational at the end of the press conference between Beaty and Keegan. It wasn't a good look for either. Keegan seemed petty. Beaty seemed rattled.

Keegan asked basically the same question three times about the seniors in 2021. Beaty was composed although visibly frustrated by the second time, and on the third time, he more or less said the narrative was a lie and laid out all the facts while suggesting the real story should be reported.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2027575 - 02/07/18 03:34 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: track]
Magicman Offline
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: track
I thought Beaty handled Keegan's questions very effectively. The difference in retention between the juco guys he has brought in versus the previous coach are night and day diffferent. Tom's insistence on 2021 being a major problem just shows how little he knows about how classes change over time depending on a multitude of factors....redshirts, injuries,etc.

+1 The key words here are "just shows how little he knows"!

#2027577 - 02/07/18 04:04 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: track]
Phog Fanatic

From my perspective Keegan came off as a whiner...not some great defender of the program. If he wanted to challenge Beaty on performance to date and next year I would have supported that....but harping on jucos(as though they will create the same problems they did under weis) ..is missing the real point...jucos are not inherently bad...they serve a useful purpose in filling holes...they are only bad when they are BAD jucos like Weis brought in.

You're a moron if you think there is any difference at all. Beaty knows his job is on the line and he's desperate. Too bad he only succeeded in f***ing the next Head Coach just like Weis did.

#2027579 - 02/07/18 04:35 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: EstebanBugatti]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti

You're a moron if you think there is any difference at all. Beaty knows his job is on the line and he's desperate. Too bad he only succeeded in f***ing the next Head Coach just like Weis did.

Top 50 recruiting class....that's going to kill the next head coach....so moronic. You are the moron here.

#2027580 - 02/07/18 04:44 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: track]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

There is a middle ground to what Beaty is saying and what Keegan is saying. Keegan does not want to understand Beatys answer because it takes away from his narrative about how JC players leave us short of seniors in 2021. Beaty does not want to have a full discussion about how he is planning to fix the seniors problem in 2021 because it makes him look like a hypocrite for taking so many JC players.

Beaty and Keegan should schedule a meeting so Beaty can explain how he plans to fix the problem. That would give Keegan a chance to ask follow up questions and write an accurate article about it. I do not think a press conference is the appropriate place for Keegan to get the level of details from Beaty that he needs to answer his question. That is why Keegan and Beaty ended up frustrated with each other by the end of the press conference.

Edited by pizzanbeer (02/07/18 05:08 PM)

#2027584 - 02/07/18 05:39 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: SPHawks]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

pizzanbeer - your suggestion makes sense. I only heard bits & pieces of it so far so when I am home I will play it again. But good for the Keegs to ask tougher questions.

Beaty seems to be ducking it.

#2027585 - 02/07/18 05:45 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: Magicman]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Magicman

+1 The key words here are "just shows how little he knows"!
The changes to 2021 class of seniors isn’t the 10-15 difference that Keegan is asking about.

#2027587 - 02/07/18 08:36 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: SPHawks]
Kirk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Austin
Keegan is doing his job.

Beaty can't say the same.

Does that help? Keegan is reporting facts (that nobody else is reporting), and creating arguments (not just opinionated columns) based on his interpretation of those facts.

Anyone is free to disagree with Keegan. He's not being dogmatic or vague. He's laying out his points very clearly. You can counter his facts (good luck to you) or disagree with his arguments. No harm, no foul. Free country, free press. Agree to disagree, whatever.

Remember, the KU football program is broken, by any standard you like. SUPER broken. Not everyone should be pumping sunshine or holding to the official story, especially not journalists.

#2027589 - 02/07/18 10:08 PM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: track]
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti

Top 50 recruiting class....that's going to kill the next head coach....so moronic. You are the moron here.

How many are JuCo recruits? So much for doing it the "right" way. You're a joke just like Beaty and Zenger.

#2027597 - 02/08/18 08:29 AM Re: Tom Keegan is TRASH [Re: Kirk]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Originally Posted By: Kirk
Keegan is doing his job.

Beaty can't say the same.

To an extent, sure. Keegan was there to get material for his next article.

However, it didn't seem like it mattered what Beaty responded. Keegan had one answer in mind (if there was an acceptable answer), and when the response didn't fit with the narrative of his recent articles, he proceeded to ask the question in a different way again and again. It didn't seem like he cared about the answers as much as he cared about simply asking an antagonistic question.

To me, the biggest problem is that the story from the conference is discussing Keegan vs Beaty instead of the actual recruiting news that was delivered.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview