Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2027429 - 02/05/18 05:46 PM THE NEXT ROY MOORE?
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather

#2027431 - 02/05/18 06:09 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: jahawker2004]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Bohemia
"Sheriff" Joe is what, 85 now? We need to have age limits on candidates. If we can't put age limits on voters, we can at least put age limits on the office holders. Even if you ignore all of the reasons why this guy should never hold a position of power again for ethical reasons, there is the issue of diminished mental capacity in someone his age even in the best of health. And yes I think this should be across the board in political positions, Congress, President, Judicial (including Supreme Court).

#2027436 - 02/05/18 06:59 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: jahawker2004]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
^^^^
This guy gets it.

#2027446 - 02/05/18 10:43 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Hell yes I get it, no one should hold public office beyond age 70. Except for you, you should hold office beyond age 40.

#2027448 - 02/05/18 11:11 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: jahawker2004]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Ha!

I should never hold office.

Gaia only knows the havoc I'd wreak.

#2027458 - 02/06/18 08:33 AM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: jahawker2004]
imzcount Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: az
Originally Posted By: jahawker2004

Doubt if Joe can pull this one off, it's either McSally or Ward. Thank God that bozo Flake will be gone and traitor McCain with his health issues may not last out his term.

#2027469 - 02/06/18 10:08 AM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: imzcount]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

"Traitor" McCain?

You talking bout the guy who was tortured by the North Vietnamese, then stayed with his fellow POWs when he had a chance to leave?

This the kinda guy you call a "traitor"?

What is it with this incessant name-calling by you right-wingers? Can't you discuss any issue without demonizing someone?

The man is a hero. You need to go look up the meaning of treason so you can understand the difference.

btw--your boy Trump got six deferments to avoid Vietnam. Bone spurs. You REALLY think he's more of a man than John McCain?

#2027487 - 02/06/18 03:18 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: jahawker2004]
imzcount Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: jahawker2004
"Traitor" McCain?

You talking bout the guy who was tortured by the North Vietnamese, then stayed with his fellow POWs when he had a chance to leave?

This the kinda guy you call a "traitor"?

What is it with this incessant name-calling by you right-wingers? Can't you discuss any issue without demonizing someone?

The man is a hero. You need to go look up the meaning of treason so you can understand the difference.

btw--your boy Trump got six deferments to avoid Vietnam. Bone spurs. You REALLY think he's more of a man than John McCain?

McCain might've been a hero back forty or so years ago but that is hardly applicable and does not excuse his boorish behavior towards President Trump now. I don't remember saying anyone is "treasonous" since that is only applied during a time of war with another country. Libs like to name call a lot especially over on .net and they've ignorantly called Trump treasonous for whatever reason I'm, not sure, I guess they don't know the meaning of the word treason. I can paste it on here if you would like but don't think it necessary.
Oh what the hell; legal Definition of treason. : the offense of attempting to overthrow the government of one's country or of assisting its enemies in war; specifically : the act of levying war against the United States or adhering to or giving aid and comfort to its enemies by one who owes it allegiance. (If you're talking about "collusion", there is none, not any proof anyway)
Traitor simply generally means disloyal. IMO applicable to both McCain and Flake.

Edited by imzcount (02/06/18 03:23 PM)

#2027489 - 02/06/18 03:27 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: imzcount]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

So cyber warfare doesn't count in your humble court of opinion?

#2027492 - 02/06/18 03:48 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: parkhawk3319]
imzcount Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319
So cyber warfare doesn't count in your humble court of opinion?

It's not in the Constitution is it?

#2027499 - 02/06/18 04:57 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: imzcount]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I would also guess that tanks and jets and missiles aren't as well. So war is only defined as an aggressive act using weapons as known during the time of the writing of the Constitution. Learn something new and interesting every day. So was WWI or WWII a war?

#2027540 - 02/07/18 10:01 AM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: jahawker2004]
imzcount Offline
Pure Jayhawk

So this whole treason thing depends on a definition of what war(declared or undeclared) is...or was...or whatever. We would need a good lawyer to argue this point either way, If a case had to be argued it might go all the way to the Supreme Court. Thank God for Neil Gorsuch!

#2027548 - 02/07/18 10:54 AM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: jahawker2004]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?

"Because her real father's Janet Reno."

#2027555 - 02/07/18 11:46 AM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: imzcount]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Thank God for the War on Terror. By the way how do you declare war on an emotion? I guess with trillions of dollars spent that is not worth taking to the Supreme Court now.

With regards to McCain's "boorish behavior towards Trump", seriously? Can anyone hold a candle to Trump's "boorish" in today's political arena?

But back to your point on "treason", it don't matter. Mueller will go for the low hanging fruit like money laundering and lying under oath. When is Trump going to testify? As I recall he is looking forward to testifying under oath......and turning over his tax returns, and turning over the tapes of his conversations with Comey, and bringing back beautiful clean coal.

#2027558 - 02/07/18 01:32 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: imzcount]
mirkin Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Quenemo
Originally Posted By: imzcount
So this whole treason thing depends on a definition of what war(declared or undeclared) is...or was...or whatever. We would need a good lawyer to argue this point either way, If a case had to be argued it might go all the way to the Supreme Court. Thank God for Neil Gorsuch!

So we were war during the SOTU? I heard that the president referred to all of those who didn't kiss his ass as treasonous.

#2027570 - 02/07/18 03:13 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: imzcount]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

God had nothing to do with it.

Thank Mitch McConnell.

#2027578 - 02/07/18 04:35 PM Re: THE NEXT ROY MOORE? [Re: parkhawk3319]
imzcount Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319
Thank God for the War on Terror. By the way how do you declare war on an emotion? I guess with trillions of dollars spent that is not worth taking to the Supreme Court now.

With regards to McCain's "boorish behavior towards Trump", seriously? Can anyone hold a candle to Trump's "boorish" in today's political arena?

But back to your point on "treason", it don't matter. Mueller will go for the low hanging fruit like money laundering and lying under oath. When is Trump going to testify? As I recall he is looking forward to testifying under oath......and turning over his tax returns, and turning over the tapes of his conversations with Comey, and bringing back beautiful clean coal.

Speaking of Trump tax returns. Who would he turn them over to? Who wants to volunteer to pour over them? It's only 12,000 pages, that's around 24 reams of paper, stacked about 3 feet in height. That would have to be one of the most boring tasks ever. If there was anything amiss the IRS should have found out by now, I think there is a three year statute of limitations and he gets audited every year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview