Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2027357 - 02/04/18 07:43 PM Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc!
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Even though 2019 offers have been going out for a couple of months now, I feel with KU's first Junior Day for 2019 recruits in the books, that the 2019 recruiting cycle has fully begun.

Here's a list of a few of the guys who visited for our Junior Day this weekend.

Quinton Hicks a 6'3" 230lbs. unrated LB out of Campus HS in Haysville, KS (SW Wichita suburb). He seemed to really enjoy himself during Junior Day here. Think he'd jump on a KU offer right now.

Jax Dineen a 5'11" 230lbs. 3 star FB out of Lawrence Free State HS and of course the younger brother of Joe and Jay. Kid is a mauler at FB and did really well this past season for Free State. Looked like their best player on the field most of the time.

Danielson Ike a 6'6" 315lbs. 4 star OT out of Rockhurst HS in Kansas City. Kid is a beast and plays hard. He's already got great size and good strength. Think he'll likely be the highest sought after 2019 recruit in the entire KC metro area.

Chester Kimbrough a 6'0" 175lbs. 4 star CB out of Warren Easton HS in New Orleans. Obviously the same HS where coach Hull used to be the HC at. Kid is a stud and another massive talent out of the state of Louisiana. Would be a huge deal if KU could get him, as were Pooka and Harris this past class.

Caleb Entienne a 6'6" 306lbs. 3 star OT also out of Warren Easton HS in NOLA. Big kid with a lot of potential. He'd be a really solid pickup for KU IMHO if we could land him.

Looks like both these guys made it too.

Clay Cundiff a 6'4" 220lbs. 3 star TE out of Bishop Carroll HS in Wichita. Don't know a lot about him, but heard he runs good routes and has good hands, so appears to be a good pass catching TE. Heard he loved the atmosphere of his visit and had a real good time.

Jayden Russell a 6'1" 180lbs. CB out of St. Thomas Aquinas HS in Overland Park, KS. Only saw or heard a little bit of him playing, but he plays real physical and shows good speed and hips in his coverage when I saw him. Heard he too really enjoyed his visit. Think he might have tweeted some positive KU stuff out too. Maybe somebody has seen it and can post, otherwise I'll look later on for it.

There were several others at the Junior Day, but those are some of the guys off the top of my head who I've heard about either being here or who had planned to be here, but I haven't heard anything about them since.

Edited by Kman_blue (02/04/18 09:54 PM)
Edit Reason: Wrong Hicks and updates on 2 guys.

#2027361 - 02/04/18 08:24 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Magicman Offline
Phog Fanatic

Cooper Beebe - 6'3-310 DT from Piper High School in KCK was at the junior day.

Marcus Hicks was at Texas on Saturday and Texas A&M on Sunday.

#2027365 - 02/04/18 09:29 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Magicman]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Magicman

Interesting on Hicks, I must have him mixed up with someone else then.

#2027368 - 02/04/18 09:35 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Magicman]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Magicman

Figured it out! LOL

I meant Quinton Hicks, who I believe is a brother (or half-brother?) of Marcus.

Perhaps a Freudian slip of which Hicks I'd love KU to get the most? haha

I'll correct my original post. Thanks for the catch!

#2027369 - 02/04/18 09:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

Guess I'll add some more info on Cooper Beebe, who Magicman brought up.

He's got offers from KU, Minnesota, and ksu right now and is currently rated a 2 star prospect by Rivals. He's got some maturing to do and needs to be in a little better shape(i.e. more weight room time) IMHO, but man oh man does this kid got some quick feet and wheels for a guy his size! Piper used him at FB some this year and he even out ran some guys on some plays for some medium long runs including at least 1 20+ yard TD run! He really has very good quick feet for his size and breaks down real well allowing him to change direction quickly (again for his size) whichever way he needs to go.

I predict this kid will be getting a couple bump ups in his star rating before next year's NSD as well as quite a few offers. Watch his videos to see just how surprisingly nimble he is. It's like watching a 310lbs. ballerina sometimes! LOL

#2027374 - 02/04/18 10:21 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

Just heard there were a few recruits in from the St. Louis area for KU's Junior Day as well. Still waiting to hear some names though. Looks like coach Ricker's connections to the St. Louis area may be already paying some dividends.

#2027385 - 02/05/18 08:10 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Kinda interesting that 247 has the second highest rated guy in KS as TE, but that guy hasn't even played a down of HS football from what I can find.

Blake Hinson. He's a decent basketball recruit as well. His brother is a TE at South Carolina.

Hasn't stopped him from getting a bunch of football offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/Blake-Hinson-78308

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2027391 - 02/05/18 11:00 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

He must have just moved to Wichita as he played all of his high school ball in Deltona, FL so far. Deltona is just inland from Daytona Beach on the Atlantic Coast. Kid is real tall, real athletic, real strong, and has good hands and decent speed. Easy to see why he has a lot of offers already. No doubt they were all given while he was still in Deltona most likely.

#2027504 - 02/06/18 05:15 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
2019 has to be a hit a homer year if the current staff is still around for year 5. Don’t see it happening...legacy Dineen would come to KU with or w/o Beaty.

#2027516 - 02/06/18 08:05 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Caleb Entienne a 6'6" 306lbs. 3 star OT also out of Warren Easton HS in NOLA. Big kid with a lot of potential. He'd be a really solid pickup for KU IMHO if we could land him.

Any relation to former KU LB Leo Etienne?

#2027530 - 02/07/18 08:13 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
It would appear they're not immediately related.

A brief google search has Leo Etienne working in Florida as a football coach and AD at a prep school.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2027586 - 02/07/18 06:39 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
What about former Husker LB Leroy Etienne?

#2027592 - 02/08/18 12:20 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: INation]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: INation
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Any relation to former KU LB Leo Etienne?
Doubt it, as Leo was from Florida and his parents were immigrants from Haiti.

#2027593 - 02/08/18 12:38 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUHawkhead]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
What about former Husker LB Leroy Etienne?
Could be a distant relative as I think Leroy was also from Louisiana, but I believe he was from a small town somewhere and not the NOLA area.

#2027738 - 02/13/18 09:54 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Jman1 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Etienne surname in Louisiana is as common as smith. There must be 500,000 of them thar Etiennes running around NOLA and the bayous.

#2027741 - 02/13/18 01:29 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Jman1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Jman1
Etienne surname in Louisiana is as common as smith. There must be 500,000 of them thar Etiennes running around NOLA and the bayous.
The new culture around Lawrence will be including more of the Smiths and Etiennes in the near future...

#2027746 - 02/13/18 03:05 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jman1 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
The new culture around Lawrence will be including more of the Smiths and Etiennes in the near future...

Let's just hope to God that they don't have 12 toes and webbed interspaces

Edited by Jman1 (02/13/18 03:07 PM)

#2027761 - 02/13/18 08:57 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Jman1]
Wilt Chamberlain

Interestingly there's about 90 adults in Louisiana with the surname of Etienne and roughly 2,500 with the surname of Smith. About 2/3 of the Etienne families are from New Orleans and most of the rest are from the small town of New Iberia (believe this is where the Nebraska guy was from).

#2027781 - 02/14/18 05:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Jman1 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

i guess if those numbers are accurate, most of the Etienne women left and married a bunch of the Smiths

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview