Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2030648 - 05/04/18 05:31 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUHawkhead]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Can you imagine what this would look like if an under performing Texas team that had quit on their coach had actually backed into that win? The statements currently coming from the athletic department seem to indicate that win has no bearing on the current situation. They are sticking with Coach Beaty.

These comments from the athletic department remind me of the children's story, "The Emperor's New Clothes". Who do you believe, the athletic department or your lying eyes?

#2030649 - 05/04/18 05:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
“Your lyin’ Eyes” is a good to great song. Can we have some good to great football ?

#2030655 - 05/05/18 04:21 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
"Kansas stopped paying Charlie Weis at the end of 2016. Now it’s time to stop blaming him..." - Keegan article that deserves to be reprinted here.
Don't think this post belongs in this thread and should have a thread of it's own instead, but since it's here now...I don't disagree with the gist of that article at all. Time to put up or shut up for the coaches this year and I think they all know it too.

Where things could get ugly is what constitutes "putting up" so to speak versus what doesn't. Like I said, think this should have it's own thread if that's what you want to discuss rather than cluttering up the 2019 recruiting thread.

#2030656 - 05/05/18 05:05 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
the futility U teams of the late 80's that, all things being equal would beat our ass right now
RCJHKU!
Don't believe that for a second. We had close family friends who's oldest son played on those teams and we went to every KU-ksu game during that time(2 at KU and 2 at ksu) as well as a few ksu home games with this family. Met several of their players during that time and you'd be hard pressed to pick most of them out of a crowd of other college students as being their football players. I'd bet more than 1/2 of them wouldn't even make it as a walkon at virtually any D-1 school, much less P-5 school these days, even currently hapless KU.

As hard as it may be to believe, those teams would have easily gone winless with our schedule over the past 3 years. Hell, they barely went 1-31-1 over the last 3 years of their decade of futility with the lone win being a 3 point squeaker over North Texas State at home during old ball's 1st season there.

As bad and horrible as KU has been over the past several years, we aren't nearly as bad as those teams were.

#2030657 - 05/05/18 10:00 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
"Kansas stopped paying Charlie Weis at the end of 2016. Now it’s time to stop blaming him..." - Keegan article that deserves to be reprinted here.
Don't think this post belongs in this thread and should have a thread of it's own instead, but since it's here now...I don't disagree with the gist of that article at all. Time to put up or shut up for the coaches this year and I think they all know it too.

Where things could get ugly is what constitutes "putting up" so to speak versus what doesn't. Like I said, think this should have it's own thread if that's what you want to discuss rather than cluttering up the 2019 recruiting thread.
The lack of 2019 news is probably due to this mentality written by Keegan and endorsed widely IMO. I don't mind another topic thread either...

#2030660 - 05/05/18 10:20 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KU7679 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

[quote=KUHawkhead

As hard as it may be to believe, those teams would have easily gone winless with our schedule over the past 3 years. Hell, they barely went 1-31-1 over the last 3 years of their decade of futility with the lone win being a 3 point squeaker over North Texas State at home during old ball's 1st season there.

As bad and horrible as KU has been over the past several years, we aren't nearly as bad as those teams were.

I guess I feel better about our team now. We AREN'T as bad as what might have been the worst team in college football history.

#2030674 - 05/06/18 05:35 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO

The lack of 2019 news is probably due to this mentality written by Keegan and endorsed widely IMO. I don't mind another topic thread either...
Of course you wouldn't...

#2030679 - 05/06/18 06:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

Of course you wouldn't...
My comment was a bow to kman’s idea. Another thread. Of course you don’t get it. Normal

#2030680 - 05/06/18 07:42 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Any actual recruiting news? Are the coaches out recruiting? Who is where recruiting where?

#2030682 - 05/06/18 10:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

[/quote]The lack of 2019 news is probably due to this mentality written by Keegan and endorsed widely IMO. I don't mind another topic thread either... [/quote] Of course you wouldn't... [/quote]My comment was a bow to kman’s idea. Another thread. Of course you don’t get it. Normal [/quote] I didn't read into that. My bad...

#2030684 - 05/07/18 01:02 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: INation]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: INation
Any actual recruiting news? Are the coaches out recruiting? Who is where recruiting where?
Couple coaches were out in Cali and believe at least 1 other was in Florida/Georgia area. Also think Bowen was making some rounds in Kansas and KC area. Haven't heard for sure, but I'd bet coach Hull is in Louisiana too.

Not hearing as much talk from people I know as I have in the past about who's where or when coaches are out of town, but believe they've all been out on the road to some extent.

#2030685 - 05/07/18 01:08 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KU7679]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KU7679
I guess I feel better about our team now. We AREN'T as bad as what might have been the worst team in college football history.
LOL
It's hardly anything to feel good about, but unfortunately we gotta take what we can get right now!

I remember when I was a kid seeing the guy I mentioned previously being home every summer (all summer) partying his butt off while he was playing for the purps and thinking wasn't he supposed to be training or something. Learned a little later that virtually nobody on their teams back then stayed around their campus for the summer and most all never worked out on their own either like they were supposed to. They were more like a bad club team than an actual team.

#2030688 - 05/07/18 07:54 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: KU7679
LOL
It's hardly anything to feel good about, but unfortunately we gotta take what we can get right now!

I remember when I was a kid seeing the guy I mentioned previously being home every summer (all summer) partying his butt off while he was playing for the purps and thinking wasn't he supposed to be training or something. Learned a little later that virtually nobody on their teams back then stayed around their campus for the summer and most all never worked out on their own either like they were supposed to. They were more like a bad club team than an actual team.

I echo your sentiments...above and beyond the partying. I knew guys on the 69 orange bowl team that had never touched a weight until they got to KU. I went to one of the largest high schools in the state and we didn't own a single weight in the late 60s. That's a far cry from the weight rooms seen now at even small high schools. I had a friend that started at KSU at defensive end at the time....5'10 and 210 pounds...no weight training....a far cry from Dorance. armstrong.

#2030703 - 05/07/18 01:08 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: INation]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Phog Fanatic

Doesn't matter where the coaches are right now. They will miss on every HS recruit and be forced to take more JuCo kids until Beaty is fired after the non-con.

#2030708 - 05/07/18 02:21 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: EstebanBugatti]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti

Doesn't matter where the coaches are right now. They will miss on every HS recruit and be forced to take more JuCo kids until Beaty is fired after the non-con.
EVERY high school recruit? That's really tough to do.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview