Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028476 - 02/28/18 10:14 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: track
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
My goal is to succeed. If Beaty was it, so be it. But I knew he was unqualified and said so. From the get go. His goal is to maximize salary and contract length until canned. It’s a fact.

I distinctly remember you being one of the idiots who predicted 5 wins the first year

Right, but the coach *he* would've hired (that showed no interest) would've won us like 17 because we would've been so good that the NFL subbed us in for the Browns for a few games.

Our talent level post-Weis (you know he was a COY at ND) was so high that we only needed 50 scholarship guys to win those 17 games, too, so the new coach would've saved us money by having those 35 unused scholarships.
Exactly, I agree CW was as good as Saban when he was still healthy and on weightwatchers diet. NCOY is the correct award...

Edit: The top 50 ranking is where I said Beaty should land for 2018 recruiting class, not that it was successful, by any means. Way different meaning, kman.

#2028478 - 02/28/18 10:34 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Come on now! Why would ANY kid, 1 Star or 5 Star even consider a program like Alabama and a Coach like Saban when the legendary Dave Beaty is offering? The kid is a LOCK for KU. crazy
You do realize he had the Bama offer before he came up and made his unofficial visit to KU with his folks, before he spent a week talking it over with his folks and before he gave KU his verbal commitment, right? Cause this post reads like you don't.

Easy K-Man! I said the kid is a LOCK for KU. You just cited all the reasons the kid will stick to Beaty and Hull. Not a chance he flips. In two years, he'll be playing in front of hundreds and hundreds of rabid Jayhawk Grid Fans! I for one can't wait until he takes an "official" visit where Beaty can woo him with his home spun Texas wit and countless references to other "dudes". When he signs, it will be in blood, not ink. It's so exciting I can hardly contain myself!!!! laugh
LOL

You really are bitter! haha

Man, It'd probably be fun watching you yell at kids on your lawn, cars going "too fast" in front of your house, and neighbors making too much noise at the ungodly hour of 8pm. grin

Just giving you a little ribbing man!

#2028481 - 02/28/18 11:17 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Edit: The top 50 ranking is where I said Beaty should land for 2018 recruiting class, not that it was successful, by any means. Way different meaning, kman.

Really? Can't keep your ever shifting goal posts and lies straight can ya? Cause last May you said in your post here,

If you recall, I said we would be highly successful if we maintained a position in the top 50. I was slammed for being realistic... "He doesn't have facts." and so on...

So now, it's gone from a top 50 ranked class would be highly successful (not merely successful, but HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL) to now that's where it should be followed by a "big difference".

Huh, you lying now or lying then or lying both times or just so full of it you can't keep it all straight?

#2028482 - 02/28/18 11:18 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas

Man, It'd probably be fun watching you yell at kids on your lawn, cars going "too fast" in front of your house, and neighbors making too much noise at the ungodly hour of 8pm. grin

I'm not quite that bad! blush But I am very bitter about the state of KU Football. There is absolutely NO REASON for a school like KU to have a disgrace for a football program. Zenger could easily be the very worst hire as an AD in our history, and that's saying something when one looks at the lineup of AD's we've had.

When I look at the amount of money I have personally forked over through the past 5 decades and what the Athletic Department has returned for that investment....then I multiply that number by what John Brown calls the "Iron Arses", the 30 k who always showed up through thick or thin, it makes my blood boil. Due to that, I have made it very clear to Zenger and those trying to peddle season tickets what it will take to regain my monetary support. Verbals from 4 Star recruits isn't on that list. Stadium renovations isn't going to sway me either.

What will? Simple! Improve the product on the field. Show me some competitive football again.....they don't even need to win, though that would be a plus. But after three seasons, Beaty has shown me nothing.

#2028483 - 02/28/18 11:28 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm not quite that bad! blush But I am very bitter about the state of KU Football. There is absolutely NO REASON for a school like KU to have a disgrace for a football program. Zenger could easily be the very worst hire as an AD in our history, and that's saying something when one looks at the lineup of AD's we've had.

When I look at the amount of money I have personally forked over through the past 5 decades and what the Athletic Department has returned for that investment....then I multiply that number by what John Brown calls the "Iron Arses", the 30 k who always showed up through thick or thin, it makes my blood boil. Due to that, I have made it very clear to Zenger and those trying to peddle season tickets what it will take to regain my monetary support. Verbals from 4 Star recruits isn't on that list. Stadium renovations isn't going to sway me either.

What will? Simple! Improve the product on the field. Show me some competitive football again.....they don't even need to win, though that would be a plus. But after three seasons, Beaty has shown me nothing.
I get it.

I just think you're letting that bleed over onto these recruits and their decisions a bit too much.

And just to correct some of my previous info. I confused Legendre's visit with that of another recruit. Legendre visited almost 4 weeks ago and word is he wanted to commit before he left, but was encouraged to think about it some more to make sure. He spent 3 weeks talking things over with his parents and still wanted to commit to KU, even after the Bama offer came in right after his visit to KU.

Anything can happen, but my read on this kid is he sounds a lot like Pooka and Harris in the type of guys who'll stick til signing day.

#2028484 - 02/28/18 11:31 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Really? Can't keep your ever shifting goal posts and lies straight can ya? Cause last May you said in your post here,

If you recall, I said we would be highly successful if we maintained a position in the top 50. I was slammed for being realistic... "He doesn't have facts." and so on...

So now, it's gone from a top 50 ranked class would be highly successful (not merely successful, but HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL) to now that's where it should be followed by a "big difference".

Huh, you lying now or lying then or lying both times or just so full of it you can't keep it all straight?
You ARE full of it. At the time I said the above we languished at 70-80 ranking (247 source). Yes, it would be highly successful to rebound to above 50.

Edit: Must be off season, both you and track are reviewing my facts posted from prior years (2017 and 2015, respectively).

BTW, here is the official overall record of David Beaty:

3–33 (college)
39–15 (high school)

In case anyone knows why kman defends this, let me know...

#2028488 - 02/28/18 02:10 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
Big Dipper

Recruiting question:

Bishop Miege one of the top 50-75 high school teams in America is 40 minutes from KU, why isn't there a pipeline from Miege to KU? IMO there should be at least 1 kid every year from them. Those kids know how to win and we need that mentality. Who again is the KC recruiter?

#2028489 - 02/28/18 02:32 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Travis Releford comes to my mind in basketball but nobody football wise immediately that I remember.

Four straight state championships...

#2028490 - 02/28/18 02:35 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Southeast Kansas
We have had a bunch of Miege players in recent year that haven't panned out. Montell Cozart and Ryan Willis come to mind. Wasn't McCay from Miege as well?

#2028491 - 02/28/18 02:37 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Southeast Kansas
We have had much better luck with the recruits we get from Free State rather than Miege.

#2028492 - 02/28/18 03:11 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Recruiting question:

Bishop Miege one of the top 50-75 high school teams in America is 40 minutes from KU, why isn't there a pipeline from Miege to KU? IMO there should be at least 1 kid every year from them. Those kids know how to win and we need that mentality. Who again is the KC recruiter?

Coach Fambrough had a very solid Miege pipeline during both of his stints as head man. What had changed is IMHO an attitude since the advent of the Big XII that the only good players are from Texas. KU doesn't seem to care much at all about closing the borders of the state...Snyder is the one who seems to think one can have a successful program with Kansas kids.

And when looking back on our history, the BEST Jayhawk Grid Teams, were loaded with Kansas talent. From Ray Evans to Hadl, Hadl to Bobby Douglas, Douglas to Jaynes...throw in a few Riggins and Zook boys, a Steve Towle, Terry Beason, Nolan Cromwell, Billy Campfield, Laverne Smith and one of my all time favorites, Bruce Adams from Miege......there is a KANSAS flavor to any success we have really enjoyed.

#2028493 - 02/28/18 03:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita

I get it.

I just think you're letting that bleed over onto these recruits and their decisions a bit too much.

And just to correct some of my previous info. I confused Legendre's visit with that of another recruit. Legendre visited almost 4 weeks ago and word is he wanted to commit before he left, but was encouraged to think about it some more to make sure. He spent 3 weeks talking things over with his parents and still wanted to commit to KU, even after the Bama offer came in right after his visit to KU.

Anything can happen, but my read on this kid is he sounds a lot like Pooka and Harris in the type of guys who'll stick til signing day.

Was that the KU staff that told him to think it over? If so that may be smart on their part. Keep guys from verballing when they are all excited and then backing out. Hopefully he has thought it through and this will have him and other recruits like him actually sign with KU.

No matter what we are going to have to suffer through other schools calling on him, and stories of those schools making a push for him.

The best thing to keep him and other recruits is WIN some games!

#2028494 - 02/28/18 03:55 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Recruiting question:

Miege didn't have much last year as far as P5 recruits.

The year before, Colbert was committed very early to Iowa, and Jafar was headed to Mizzou before Notre Dame offered and changed his mind.

All of their 2019 and 2020 guys on rivals are unrated. One (Daniel Jackson) has an offer from Iowa State; the other six or seven guys combine for one offer from Colgate.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2028495 - 02/28/18 03:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Topcitykid10 Offline
Big Dipper

[quote

Coach Fambrough had a very solid Miege pipeline during both of his stints as head man. What had changed is IMHO an attitude since the advent of the Big XII that the only good players are from Texas. KU doesn't seem to care much at all about closing the borders of the state...Snyder is the one who seems to think one can have a successful program with Kansas kids.

And when looking back on our history, the BEST Jayhawk Grid Teams, were loaded with Kansas talent. From Ray Evans to Hadl, Hadl to Bobby Douglas, Douglas to Jaynes...throw in a few Riggins and Zook boys, a Steve Towle, Terry Beason, Nolan Cromwell, Billy Campfield, Laverne Smith and one of my all time favorites, Bruce Adams from Miege......there is a KANSAS flavor to any success we have really enjoyed. [/quote]

Just hard to think that since the school having won 4 state titles in a row we couldn't use any of their kids? They are doing something right over there. Other coaches in the state want the government to get involved by changing some rules.

#2028499 - 02/28/18 06:46 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Bishop Meige is probably unlike KU in that low ranked kids are coached up to win.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview