Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028456 - 02/27/18 06:27 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: bigdogjac]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
Pessimists are coming out of the woodwork.

Sadly, I think we can all understand pessimism based on the last few years.

It would certainly seem the goal of some is to see Beaty fail, so we can hire yet another head coach while ignoring/forgetting how poorly firing/hiring has gone for use lately and overlooking the difficulty of finding a top candidate when we continue to fire/hire at an unprecedented pace.

That being said, I can only hope Hull is retained in some capacity. He's done a helluva job considering the circumstances.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2028457 - 02/27/18 06:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
My goal is to succeed. If Beaty was it, so be it. But I knew he was unqualified and said so. From the get go. His goal is to maximize salary and contract length until canned. It’s a fact.

#2028458 - 02/27/18 08:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I do recall this discussion in 2017 as we had a steep decline thru the year and some posters (not you, of course) had a bit of crow feathers poking out of their mouths.
Really? What posters are you referring to? What did they claim or say to have to eat crow? Did someone claim we were going to finish in the top 5 or top 10 or even top 20 or even top 30 in the nation in recruiting rankings? Cause I don't recall anyone making such claims or similar to it.

I also don't see how a steep decline through the year can result in KU's current 2018 class ranking being about 20 spots higher than it's lowest point throughout the year last year. That doesn't look like a steep linear decline as you seem to be suggesting.

Also thought your bar for a successful class for the 2018 class was a top 50 finish and KU is currently ranked in the top 50 for the 2018 class.

#2028459 - 02/27/18 08:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
My goal is to succeed. If Beaty was it, so be it. But I knew he was unqualified and said so. From the get go. His goal is to maximize salary and contract length until canned. It’s a fact.

I distinctly remember you being one of the idiots who predicted 5 wins the first year

#2028460 - 02/27/18 08:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Come on now! Why would ANY kid, 1 Star or 5 Star even consider a program like Alabama and a Coach like Saban when the legendary Dave Beaty is offering? The kid is a LOCK for KU. crazy
You do realize he had the Bama offer before he came up and made his unofficial visit to KU with his folks, before he spent a week talking it over with his folks and before he gave KU his verbal commitment, right? Cause this post reads like you don't.

#2028461 - 02/27/18 09:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
Pessimists are coming out of the woodwork.

Sadly, I think we can all understand pessimism based on the last few years.

It would certainly seem the goal of some is to see Beaty fail, so we can hire yet another head coach while ignoring/forgetting how poorly firing/hiring has gone for use lately and overlooking the difficulty of finding a top candidate when we continue to fire/hire at an unprecedented pace.

That being said, I can only hope Hull is retained in some capacity. He's done a helluva job considering the circumstances.
A lot of these posts go well beyond pessimism.

#2028462 - 02/27/18 11:31 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Josh2408]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
Well if we can win 4 games this year that would help ease his mind on staying committed to us

I think there is a a lot of truth to this. If KU had won 4 games in 2017 I think it would have held on to a lot more of its 2018 recruits.

#2028463 - 02/28/18 07:51 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Come on now! Why would ANY kid, 1 Star or 5 Star even consider a program like Alabama and a Coach like Saban when the legendary Dave Beaty is offering? The kid is a LOCK for KU. crazy
You do realize he had the Bama offer before he came up and made his unofficial visit to KU with his folks, before he spent a week talking it over with his folks and before he gave KU his verbal commitment, right? Cause this post reads like you don't.

Easy K-Man! I said the kid is a LOCK for KU. You just cited all the reasons the kid will stick to Beaty and Hull. Not a chance he flips. In two years, he'll be playing in front of hundreds and hundreds of rabid Jayhawk Grid Fans! I for one can't wait until he takes an "official" visit where Beaty can woo him with his home spun Texas wit and countless references to other "dudes". When he signs, it will be in blood, not ink. It's so exciting I can hardly contain myself!!!! laugh

#2028466 - 02/28/18 08:35 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

This is how I respond to good news, too.

"We got a verbal from a four star HS recruit? Well fuc|k! He's not going to sign here. I'm going to pout like an adult."

#2028468 - 02/28/18 08:48 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"We got a verbal from a four star HS recruit? Well fuc|k! He's not going to sign here. I'm going to pout like an adult."
What happened to old fashioned sarcasm?

#2028469 - 02/28/18 08:50 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
Well if we can win 4 games this year that would help ease his mind on staying committed to us

I think there is a a lot of truth to this. If KU had won 4 games in 2017 I think it would have held on to a lot more of its 2018 recruits.
They didn’t hire him to coach. Just recruit.

#2028471 - 02/28/18 09:11 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Go ahead and "pout". I'm too damn excited by the news to even function normally. grin

#2028472 - 02/28/18 09:13 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"We got a verbal from a four star HS recruit?

Don't forget Beaty gave us a "verbal" about bowling last year. I suppose we simply misunderstood that he was talking about taking the kids to Jayhawk Lanes..... laugh

#2028473 - 02/28/18 09:16 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: track]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: track

I distinctly remember you being one of the idiots who predicted 5 wins the first year

Right, but the coach *he* would've hired (that showed no interest) would've won us like 17 because we would've been so good that the NFL subbed us in for the Browns for a few games.

Our talent level post-Weis (you know he was a COY at ND) was so high that we only needed 50 scholarship guys to win those 17 games, too, so the new coach would've saved us money by having those 35 unused scholarships.

#2028475 - 02/28/18 09:40 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Don't forget Beaty gave us a "verbal" about bowling last year. I suppose we simply misunderstood that he was talking about taking the kids to Jayhawk Lanes..... laugh

The KSU fans are going to be upset about you stealing their jokes.

I can't have a coach with high expectations at KU football. I'm going to need a chat with Zenger about this one. That's the final straw.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview