Page 30 of 34 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038329 - 02/06/19 11:09 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Jereme Robinson a 6'4" 220lbs. WDE out of George Washington Carver HS in Montgomery, AL committed to KU! Flipped him from UAB. He was here last weekend visiting also.

Man, we're getting some good looking DL in this class!

Welcome to the Jayhawk family Mr. Robinson!

#2038330 - 02/06/19 11:12 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Got to come to the media day signing day festivities today at the stadium. Energy is high!
That'd be awesome! Don't think my schedule is gonna allow me to make it there though.

Who schedules work on NSD!?! demmit!

#2038332 - 02/06/19 11:25 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
John Brown

Man, soo close to meeting the legend Kman blue! Ha

Waiting on Potter to announce, any second now

#2038333 - 02/06/19 11:34 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Man, with the limited wiggle room we had to work with it just feels like this staff is hitting a grand slam right now and there's some more to come!

Amen bro. This looks like a genuinely impactful class for the coaches to work with. Last 2 days of FBall recruiting have been spiritually uplifting.
I'm still not overwhelmed with our QB stock, but it can be amazing how good a lesser talented QB can be with a solid Oline, running game, and competitive defense for support.
I'm especially excited about what appear to potentially be defensive upgrades. Seems to me defense is an area where we have best opportunity to make competitive headway in conference. Everyone else seems to be kind of neglecting defense in favor of the offensive arms race.

No new word on that good kicker who you said was going to visit? Good place kickers are way underrated in their importance to a good football team, especially one that struggles in the red zone.

#2038334 - 02/06/19 11:43 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
John Brown

Gavin potter to KU!

#2038335 - 02/06/19 11:49 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Gavin potter to KU!
Yep!

Gavin Potter a 6'2" 210lbs. LB out of Broken Arrow HS in Broken Arrow, OK. He chose KU over ksu, TTech, and Okie Lite in addition to several others. He was committed to ksu for a while and made an official visit to them last week before coming on over here to Lawrence to take an unofficial visit. OSU came in on him hard late in the game as did TTech.

This is another big pickup! I really like this kid's video.

Welcome aboard Mr. Potter!!

I think there's still 1 more guy I believe who will sign today, but with how things are going I won't be surprised if there's another 1 or 2 I haven't heard of yet.

#2038336 - 02/06/19 12:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Jacob Borcila a 6'2" 170lbs. K out of Westerville Central HS in Westerville, OH has made it official. He's committed to KU!

He's got some impressive video out there showing off his kicking abilities.

Welcome to the Jayhawk family Mr. Brocila!

#2038342 - 02/06/19 12:37 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

Holy crap! Gavin Potter killed at his signing day event!

He wore a ksu sweatshirt into the ceremony. Sat down, then when it came for him to announce he tore it off revealing a TTech hoodie underneath and then took that off revealing his body painted with a big KU on it!

hahahaha

Already love this kid!!

Link to a photo of Gavin showing off his KU painted chest along with a big KU pullover stretched out in front of him.

He also plays kind of nuts too, which is fun as hell to watch!

#2038347 - 02/06/19 02:04 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

Man, this kid is KILLING IT!!! LOL

Here's a link to a video of Gavin Potter's announcement with the taking off the sweatshirts and all, as well as a brief interview of him by the local news cast.

"OU and OSU made the worst decision they ever made letting me leave Oklahoma...That's going to be 2 games I'm gonna have a lot of fun playin." - Gavin Potter

#2038361 - 02/06/19 05:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think we gotta hand it to the new staff for what would seem to be, under the circumstances, a stellar recruiting class.

Great news (icing on the cake) for the new kicker!
Potter seems like a whole lotta fun. Can hardly wait to see all these new guys on the field.

#2038362 - 02/06/19 07:07 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Still puzzled why we didn't even pick up 1 OL. It's not like we are talented at that position.

#2038364 - 02/06/19 08:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Found that interesting too about the OL. Possible to flip a couple of those more massive 2 star DL's to OL. I don't know off hand what we have returning up front.

#2038365 - 02/06/19 08:16 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Topeka
With the 2019 recruiting class in the books...

it seems 2020 offers are going out. I imagine there will be some OL offers in the mix.

#2038366 - 02/06/19 08:37 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I remember reading not long ago that we have a number of O line guys in the wings we have yet to see on the field. It was my understanding they will be eligible this coming year.
It was a story right here at kusports. I think I made a comment about that fact (regarding o liners) it at the time. Wasn't too long ago.

#2038367 - 02/06/19 09:17 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Coach said he would have liked to but there were more pressing needs and he felt like he could get by for a year. Like others have mentioned I still don't feel good about the QB position. I love the fact KU got so many high school kids and it looks like they got some talent to boot! Great day for KU football!

Page 30 of 34 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 >

Preview