Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028397 - 02/26/18 05:21 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Awesome early get! Welcome to the Jayhawk family Mr. Legemdre!

Kid already has a Bama offer too and still chose to commit to KU. That's never a bad thing!

Of course, now the real battle to hold on to him until December when he hopefully signs begins.

As for coach Hull's recruiting abilities in the NOLA area and if they'll wane or not, they very well could some but the NOLA area is very relationship based in who people trust in my limited experiences down there. A lot of people down there trust coach Hull still and that carries a lot of weight and will continue to do so. Also, the guys we have been getting will be guys future recruits look to for feedback and will be guys they know personally a lot of times too. That should help in keeping some momentum down there going. I know Mike Lee and his experience up here in Lawrence played a big part in us getting and keeping several of our 2018 guys too. Hopefully that kind of positive feedback from other NOLA guys keeps on going.

Time will tell for sure and things can and do change, but for right now this is a really good get! Hopefully his teammate Kimbrough and a few others will follow.

#2028411 - 02/26/18 07:03 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Well we should be in the top 5 recruiting wise for 2019! LMAO

#2028417 - 02/26/18 07:59 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
schmuck34 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

If anyone thinks the NOLA connections will die out (bc the age disparity by 2020 I assume?) They know nothing about NOLA. I'm a Kansan but my dad has lived there my whole life. It is a completely different culture where community and loyalty are everything. As long as Hull is around he will be getting NOLA kids.

Edited by schmuck34 (02/26/18 07:59 PM)

#2028424 - 02/27/18 07:09 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Awesome early get! Welcome to the Jayhawk family Mr. Legemdre!

Kid already has a Bama offer too and still chose to commit to KU. That's never a bad thing!

Of course, now the real battle to hold on to him until December when he hopefully signs begins.

As for coach Hull's recruiting abilities in the NOLA area and if they'll wane or not, they very well could some but the NOLA area is very relationship based in who people trust in my limited experiences down there. A lot of people down there trust coach Hull still and that carries a lot of weight and will continue to do so. Also, the guys we have been getting will be guys future recruits look to for feedback and will be guys they know personally a lot of times too. That should help in keeping some momentum down there going. I know Mike Lee and his experience up here in Lawrence played a big part in us getting and keeping several of our 2018 guys too. Hopefully that kind of positive feedback from other NOLA guys keeps on going.

Time will tell for sure and things can and do change, but for right now this is a really good get! Hopefully his teammate Kimbrough and a few others will follow.

That is great! However I am not getting excited until he signs. A lot can happen between now and December. It is still good news but I think we learned last year oral commitments do not mean much.

#2028437 - 02/27/18 01:44 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Different year. Same Jackassery. Nice.

#2028438 - 02/27/18 01:52 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
That is great! However I am not getting excited until he signs. A lot can happen between now and December. It is still good news but I think we learned last year oral commitments do not mean much.
Same thing goes for every school's commits at this time of year. Nothing is set in stone until they sign on the dotted line.

With KU getting verbals from very highly sought after guys and not being a blue blood football program we're going to have to battle and fight for these guys to stay committed until signing day more so than most.

It's fun to get excited about getting verbals from such highly touted recruits as it does nothing but bring good press to the program if nothing else as well as some of them actually end up signing with us too. But you're right to keep in mind things can and do often change, including verbal commitments.

I still enjoy the excitement of getting these verbal commitments and fully understand why others remain cautious about it. I don't get the guys(not at all talking about you) who feel the need to crap all over it though.

#2028439 - 02/27/18 02:18 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Well said Kman. I am going to be positive about any recruit that commits.

#2028442 - 02/27/18 03:46 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Different year. Same Jackassery. Nice.
Just getting a little excitement going in our mythical top 5 recruiting class of 2019. I do recall this discussion in 2017 as we had a steep decline thru the year and some posters (not you, of course) had a bit of crow feathers poking out of their mouths.

#2028443 - 02/27/18 03:47 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
It's called a soft verbal commitment this far out into the future. He has a 'bama offer to mull over.

#2028445 - 02/27/18 04:11 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
It's called a soft verbal commitment this far out into the future. He has a 'bama offer to mull over.

Come on now! Why would ANY kid, 1 Star or 5 Star even consider a program like Alabama and a Coach like Saban when the legendary Dave Beaty is offering? The kid is a LOCK for KU. crazy

#2028447 - 02/27/18 04:30 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
Well if we can win 4 games this year that would help ease his mind on staying committed to us

#2028448 - 02/27/18 04:49 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Josh2408]
Frankenhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: Josh2408
Well if we can win 4 games this year that would help ease his mind on staying committed to us

lol

#2028449 - 02/27/18 05:00 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Pessimists are coming out of the woodwork.

#2028453 - 02/27/18 06:11 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Frankenhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Frankenhawk
Originally Posted By: Josh2408

lol
By we you mean the legendary Dave Beaty can win 4? WOW!

He already has won three. Lost thirty three. Just the facts.

#2028454 - 02/27/18 06:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Pessimists are coming out of the woodwork.

Earned it.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >

Preview