Page 25 of 34 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 34 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2037126 - 12/21/18 08:52 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
schmuck34 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Kansas
I know who you you're talking about.

#2037153 - 12/22/18 11:36 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
I count 7 firm commitments so far. 4 JUCO and 3HS.
Yes, there are a few JUCOs there, but about half, which is better than the last few years.

I am curious as to what Kman thinks. Part of me thinks Appyhawk is right, and some of guys look like just filling spots.
I haven't had a lot of time to look specifically at all the guys we got so far, but they all look legit to me at first glance. A couple are project kind of guys who are raw but have a tremendous amount of potential and 3 or maybe 4 others look like guys who'll be competing for a starting spot the second they get on campus. Coach Miles and the coaches he hired had done their work on these guys well before they(the new coaches) set foot on KU's campus.

Couple of these guys remind me a lot of the hidden gem guys Mangino would zero in on and 2 or 3 years later the rest of the conference would be wondering where did they come from and how did KU end up with them. That's when a couple of our conference foes began trying hard to poach KU commits in Mangino's last 3 years at KU. (I'm lookin at you Okie Lite!)

#2037154 - 12/22/18 11:40 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Apparently Klieman was already recruiting Jax for the Bison. So it makes sense in that respect.
That and Jax had a conditional PWO offer from KU versus a full ride to ksu. I also think Garber wanted to get out of Lawrence for college from the get go and he and Jax were a package deal. Garber apparently won the discussion with his good buddy on where they should go.

#2037187 - 12/24/18 02:11 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Slant reported DaJon Terry signed. Nice to sign a HS DT.

#2037188 - 12/24/18 04:27 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
^ Indeed it is!
I like that they are doing work on the defensive side of the ball, the line in particular.

#2037189 - 12/24/18 04:32 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills

#2037247 - 12/28/18 08:25 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Josh2408]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
6'2 185 WR Andrew Parchment is signing with KU

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11287462/5b8ddfa0bd74af0ce0e89ba0

https://247sports.com/player/andrew-parchment-75946/

http://m.kusports.com/news/2018/dec/27/ezra-naylor-determined-evolve-wr-ku-football/

“He stated to me that his primary target was to get it up and going, and Kansas competing in the Big 12. So he started with a quarterback,” Naylor said of the process, referring to juco QB Thomas MacVittie, who also signed with KU. “And then, he moved on to receiver, and me and my boy Andrew (Parchment), we were next.”

QB1, WR1, and WR2 signed. Run and control with Led Miles trick plays should be able to win game for bowl eligibility.

#2037273 - 01/01/19 09:29 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Topeka
A lot of offers going out according to Twitter...

When is the next signing period? Sometime in February?

Has anyone heard of a solid interest from the offers that are out there?

#2037306 - 01/02/19 03:59 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Official signing day is Wednesday February 6.

4 guys who are seriously considering KU right now and some will visit this month are,

Velton Gardner a former TTech commit who has a very good relationship with Emmet Jones now on KU's staff. I think he's KU's to lose right now.

Dylan Jordan an OLB out of Pittsburg, KS and who Frost and Nebraska have been after hard for a while. TCU also been in on him. He was thought to be a risk because of qualifying issues, but those appear to have been cleared up now. Think KU has a good shot at him with Miles at the helm.

Gavin Potter another OLB out of Broken Arrow, OK. He verballed to ksucks but when KU and Miles offered he did not sign with the purps during the early signing period. Think he's deciding between the 2 schools now.

Danielson Ike a highly sought after OL out of Rockhurst in KCMO. Reports were he was gonna go to 1 of the blue bloods with his slew of high level offers, but he didn't sign in the early period. Also heard that once KU hired Miles and Miles contacted him he's put KU in his top tier schools. Seems to be some questions if he'll sign in February or not, but if he does I think KU is definitely in the mix for him right now.

Don't think KU would take both Potter and Jordan out of this bunch. Think we'll take only 1 of those 2. There's a couple other guys coming in for visits also so another name or 2 could pop up and commit, but I think KU only has 3 spots left or maybe 4 depending on what happens.

#2037309 - 01/02/19 05:44 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
What is out most glaring needs right now Kman?

#2037310 - 01/02/19 05:48 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I thought KU had 4 more spots.

If KU could land 3 of these guys that would be a great way to round out the class. It would be great to get some more high schoolers in the mix.

K-Man what do you think about the JUCO's coming in? In my mind if JUCO players can produce right away I am OK with that. If they are going to take time to develop they are probably just filling spots.

#2037323 - 01/02/19 10:08 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: moose1]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

We offered a lot of recruits that Nebraska also offered such as Ike, Parker, Fonua, Lockhart and Jordan. Nebraska already has 7 OL in this class so maybe they are no longer after Ike. Nebraska already has 4 DEs in this recruiting class so maybe they don't need too many more DEs either. Fonua and Parker both visit Nebraska on January 11th so we will see how that goes.

#2037334 - 01/03/19 10:28 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Online   content
John Brown

Would like to give the last 4 spots to high schoolers. Unless it was a 5 star JuCo or a grad transfer. Any rumors about any grad transfers taking a look at us?

#2037471 - 01/07/19 10:58 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: 66227
Confession..I'm too lazy to scroll back through this thread to see if anyone has posted this info, but does anyone have a list of early period signees that are expected to be enrolled this spring and eligible for practice?

#2037497 - 01/08/19 08:32 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Official signing day is Wednesday February 6.

4 guys who are seriously considering KU right now and some will visit this month are,

Velton Gardner a former TTech commit who has a very good relationship with Emmet Jones now on KU's staff. I think he's KU's to lose right now.

Dylan Jordan an OLB out of Pittsburg, KS and who Frost and Nebraska have been after hard for a while. TCU also been in on him. He was thought to be a risk because of qualifying issues, but those appear to have been cleared up now. Think KU has a good shot at him with Miles at the helm.

Gavin Potter another OLB out of Broken Arrow, OK. He verballed to ksucks but when KU and Miles offered he did not sign with the purps during the early signing period. Think he's deciding between the 2 schools now.

Danielson Ike a highly sought after OL out of Rockhurst in KCMO. Reports were he was gonna go to 1 of the blue bloods with his slew of high level offers, but he didn't sign in the early period. Also heard that once KU hired Miles and Miles contacted him he's put KU in his top tier schools. Seems to be some questions if he'll sign in February or not, but if he does I think KU is definitely in the mix for him right now.

Don't think KU would take both Potter and Jordan out of this bunch. Think we'll take only 1 of those 2. There's a couple other guys coming in for visits also so another name or 2 could pop up and commit, but I think KU only has 3 spots left or maybe 4 depending on what happens.

According to Dylan Jordan's Twitter we are no longer in his Top 5 since he picked up offers from Auburn and TCU, he is down to KSU, TCU, Auburn, Nebraska and Utah

Edited by Josh2408 (01/08/19 08:33 PM)

Page 25 of 34 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 34 >

Preview