Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2027306 - 02/04/18 09:30 AM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Someone on the dot net stated there might be some off court issues causing the teams underachieving play at home. And for some reason I think this leads back to the Preston fiasco.

If this team is wrecked mentally because of the billy p. self induced fiasco, then they are just a bunch of weakling snowflakes.

Or you are a weakling snowflake for even suggesting this theory.

#2027310 - 02/04/18 09:48 AM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
I didn't suggest this theory goofy. I simply embellished on it. Bottomline Self put this team together and due to the transfers he took on....the guys who left like Coleby..the Stache or Preston due to whatever reasons.

He set this team up for possible failure due to its lack of depth and true talented athletes. I saw a Okie St team with better taller athletes that deserved to win yesterday. It might be a bad finish to the season because there is nothing Self can do to change this team.

#2027319 - 02/04/18 11:52 AM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: MICHHAWK]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
This is a flawed team. If you people don't know that by now you are not paying attention. We are a good team. But a flawed team for sure.

If you have been paying attention all season like I have, no reason for yesterday to be any great surprise.
If by "you people" you mean me, I wasn't surprised by the loss. Sure we have harped already on the front court being small and depending on Doke too much to carry the load. Could Self have predicted the Preston fiasco? He was the best player early in exhibition play according to Self.

#2027321 - 02/04/18 12:21 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Agreed kuco. Preston would have made a huge difference this team. Both the fans and Self gave up on him. Notice that the very same week Self stated in a presser that he wouldn't call the NCAA about Preston status was the same week he decided to play for Bosnia. I am positive Preston would been content to remain on the bench even with a slight chance of even getting cleared to play in the last few games of the season if he had 100% of everyone's support..

#2027327 - 02/04/18 02:44 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Preston was pleased to take a car or money for a car........Preston was far from flawless in all of this.
Agree that Self did assemble this team and even with Preston, this team was going to be flawed in interior play.
Coleby and the other one who transferred would have helped this team, but could you blame Coleby? Sat on the bench for most of the season last year...........Self sometimes is his own enemy. We have seen this for his entire tenure here. If players don't fit, they sit. I always thought coaches who will adapt to their players sometimes are way more diverse and also get more diverse recruits. We get the same players, with different names.

#2027328 - 02/04/18 02:48 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Give me Darnel Jackson and Richard Scott like players any day over some of these 5 star tricksters. TRob......type players that play hard, no matter whats going on.

#2027329 - 02/04/18 02:53 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

For the record, I will still take our team over Duke and UK. Talk about under performing.........They have all the parts and pieces and still both get beat by teams that are mediocre at best on some nights. (mizzou)

I figured out Calipari years ago. Recruit all freshmen so when his lacking of coaching shows its face, he can say its because he has a young team. Does it every game they lose.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview