Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2027106 - 01/31/18 04:44 PM Oklahoma State at Kansas
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
OSU looking horrible this year. Brad Underwood has the K-State basketball connection. It's not a good thing.

Ana Sofía Henao (Colombia)

#2027107 - 01/31/18 05:11 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Brad Underwood now coaching at Illinois.

#2027138 - 02/01/18 02:36 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Michael Boynton Jr. not improved OSU neither with prized recruit Yor Anei from Lee's Summit, MO.

#2027257 - 02/03/18 12:59 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Seems to me that I dont understand this edition of Jayhawks at all. Of all of the recent teams, this team lacks basketball IQ. I have watched Graham make so many unforced mistakes this game and this season. I think Newman is better at being the ball handler overall and it gives Graham a chance to set up on O.

Vick to me is not even playing hard. Cunliffie has to have more effort than this, even if he makes some mistakes.

#2027259 - 02/03/18 01:15 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Basketball IQ!!

I haven't seen many teams play this dumb at KU in its history.
Losses happen, but losing because you can't play smart........thats on coaches and players. We have bench players like Cunliffe, Sousa, and Lightfoot who can do better. Today I saw a lack of effort, and a lack of toughness. Vick is not even close to the same player he was last year. We don't get the ball to Newman near enough, and Doka is not an offensive weapon. Trying to run offense thru him is pointless. Doka doesn't understand the game enough to know when to pass it back out or take the shot.

#2027265 - 02/03/18 01:43 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Well at least Duke lost........on the road in Madison Square Garden. We lost at home! Morons. There is no silver lining losing at home to a team like OSU.

I am highly dissappointed in how we played today. I don't understand how Self uses his bench either. In the first half when nothing is working, put in Cunliffe for a few minutes, can't be any worse than Vick. Desousa..........play some of these guys more.

#2027268 - 02/03/18 01:50 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
kellyfenton Offline
Max Falkenstien

I checked and KU went 10 minutes without any kind of rebound (Lightfoot OR at 12:42) and had only ONE defensive rebound other than on a missed FT in final 15 minutes plus.

#2027270 - 02/03/18 02:01 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Jaycat92]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Doka is not an offensive weapon. Trying to run offense thru him is pointless. Doka doesn't understand the game enough to know when to pass it back out or take the shot.

With all due respect--nonsense.

#2027273 - 02/03/18 02:14 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Self should be totally embarrassed losing to his alma mater on 120th anniversary of Kansas hoops. Sometimes I hink he throws a game to his alma mater and Boone Pickens writes him a check. An inexcusable home lossL. FIRE SELF NOW.

#2027277 - 02/03/18 03:53 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: jahawker2004]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: jahawker2004
Doka is not an offensive weapon. Trying to run offense thru him is pointless. Doka doesn't understand the game enough to know when to pass it back out or take the shot.

With all due respect--nonsense.

You're a complete dolt. Obviously Dok IS an offensive weapon(You wanna guard him, tough guy?) The team doesn't have a complimentary front court big man(OR 2) to help him out. He has been coached that "when the ball gets inside to you, DONT DARE KICK IT BACK OUT."

PLEASE REFRAIN from trying to be sensical or having some sort of common sense, because you are the fool playing the 3 shell game on the sidewalk .

#2027278 - 02/03/18 04:14 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Jman1]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
The Big Sophomore is having a gooder season than I expected. I was hoping he would be good. But we didn't really know what to expect because of the small sample size of last season. The Big Sophomore is good.

#2027280 - 02/03/18 04:43 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Did I ever say Doka was not a good player? I said we can't run our offense thru him this season. When he is our go to play, we are often losing on the scoreboard, right! So, he is not an offensive weapon, he is a big guy who can get some buckets and keep us in some games. Rarely do we win when just he has a good game this year, rarely. We win when our guards are playing well and Doka is serviceable, not our complete offense. Doka is still learning the game. He is not dependable on either end because he commits some really stupid plays and fouls.

To clarify once again, he is a good player for his experience level, but he is not our best or first option on the offensive end. I do think with some more experience and some more work, he will be a very good player, but right now, he is just a player. Look up and you will see when only he has a good night, we lose. Our team is Svi, Graham, and Newman scoring the majority, with Doka getting solid numbers.

#2027299 - 02/03/18 10:25 PM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Someone on the dot net stated there might be some off court issues causing the teams underachieving play at home. And for some reason I think this leads back to the Preston fiasco. Something to do with Self basically giving up on him. And in a way I think Bill did exactlyt that. Whatever it is there is something amidst with this teams chemistry and Self is the chemistry professor.

#2027303 - 02/04/18 08:00 AM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Someone on the dot net stated there might be some off court issues causing the teams underachieving play at home. And for some reason I think this leads back to the Preston fiasco. Something to do with Self basically giving up on him. And in a way I think Bill did exactlyt that. Whatever it is there is something amidst with this teams chemistry and Self is the chemistry professor.
The game lacked some cohesive play today (Saturday) and perhaps the early start time contributed? Rebounding was really on the backburner. It all starts with our defense, which was spotty.

#2027305 - 02/04/18 09:25 AM Re: Oklahoma State at Kansas [Re: KUCO_VOC]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
This is a flawed team. If you people don't know that by now you are not paying attention. We are a good team. But a flawed team for sure.

If you have been paying attention all season like I have, no reason for yesterday to be any great surprise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview