Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2026109 - 01/11/18 10:32 AM Re: Armstrong and Wise [Re: dgless21]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Wise announces that he is returning for his senior year.

Hope he has a successful 2018 campaign that ultimately pays off for him.

#2026114 - 01/11/18 11:34 AM Re: Armstrong and Wise [Re: Yardbirdbob]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Wise has to be either the most optimistic football player ever or is planning to complete his degree at Kansas, which I found to be a rock solid choice for me.

#2026136 - 01/11/18 03:31 PM Re: Armstrong and Wise [Re: dgless21]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
I think this is a good decision for him. My feeling is that Armstrong has a much better upside as a pro, but as a college player this past season Wise was much more consistent, he improved over the course of the season, and his effort was always good. Another year of work will serve him well if he doesn't get a major injury. He may never be All Pro, but every team needs those tough, consistent grinders who like getting paid NFL wages.

#2026146 - 01/11/18 04:25 PM Re: Armstrong and Wise [Re: Yardbirdbob]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
No one I've talked to on here or otherwise ever had a real idea where he'd go in the draft. I heard as high as the late third round and others guessed/suggested he'd go 6th to undrafted.

It's easy to see the dollar signs in that instance, but I'm glad he came back. Gotta hope it's a worthwhile decision for him (and KU).

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2026148 - 01/11/18 04:33 PM Re: Armstrong and Wise [Re: dgless21]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
No one I've talked to on here or otherwise ever had a real idea where he'd go in the draft. I heard as high as the late third round and others guessed/suggested he'd go 6th to undrafted.

It's easy to see the dollar signs in that instance, but I'm glad he came back. Gotta hope it's a worthwhile decision for him (and KU).

It's worth it to KU (as a program) if for no other reason than it's one less JUCO Beaty might sign in February.

#2026304 - 01/14/18 05:07 PM Re: Armstrong and Wise [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: beenahawk

It's worth it to KU (as a program) if for no other reason than it's one less JUCO Beaty might sign in February.
We are seeing it's 4-5 yr (one yr left) transfers instead of 2-3 year eligible left over JUCOS. With so much criticism, why do you think he is still adamant about ignoring 4 year HS recruits?

His remaining supporters could try to make a case for his career going on if only he had more HS recruits. Can't he see that?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview