Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2026168 - 01/11/18 06:36 PM Cunliffe
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I was surprised at how quick the hook was on Sam the other night. Yes he made a defensive blunder right off the bat. It's not like the starters never make a mistake (they've made plenty). It's time to let the kid play through it, suffer a few mistakes, and give him a chance to get in the flow of the game.

The starters looked absolutely gassed by the end of the game. We need Sam's minutes to get a little fresher legs out there.

#2026185 - 01/12/18 09:41 AM Re: Cunliffe [Re: AlOerter]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
I hope he gets his chance. I hope he can help us if he does get his chance.

#2026203 - 01/12/18 02:13 PM Re: Cunliffe [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I was surprised at how quick the hook was on Sam the other night. Yes he made a defensive blunder right off the bat. It's not like the starters never make a mistake (they've made plenty). It's time to let the kid play through it, suffer a few mistakes, and give him a chance to get in the flow of the game.

The starters looked absolutely gassed by the end of the game. We need Sam's minutes to get a little fresher legs out there.

Al just pointed out Self's continual flaw. He won't gamble ala Saben did with the freshman qb with nearly zero actual playing time. He wont let someone like Cunliffe make a few mistakes and work through them. If anything Self tightens the reigns up and he does it more with teams with no depth. How long did he let Morningreed struggle through mediocre games when a more talented EJ rode the pine. Or the Tharpe experiment...

Basically with risk comes reward. Bill's recent track record shows the rewards have not been coming like it should be with teams of the caliber he has been given. He is going to wear this team to a frazzle before Feb unless Preston and Silvio can be added. And it's a safe bet he won't let Silvio play that much at first. Again no risk.

Preview