Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2026047 - 01/09/18 06:40 PM Thank God for KU football!
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Watched the Bama UGA game last night. Even not being really interested in either of the teams, I found the game to be very enjoyable, but VERY stressful at the end as you really didn't know who was going to win until it happened.

At KU, we KNOW we are NOT going to win, so the stress is nonexistent. I must say the anxiety associated with the game last night would be too much if done on a weekly basis.

Thank you KU, for just sucking total ass at football, and making my life easy when watching you!

RCJHKU!

#2026067 - 01/10/18 08:04 AM Re: Thank God for KU football! [Re: KUHawkhead]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Plus a BIG one!

The level of consistency by the Zenger/Chuckles and Beaty Dudes programs is actually amazing!

#2026068 - 01/10/18 08:22 AM Re: Thank God for KU football! [Re: KUHawkhead]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Has anyone else received a call from the WEF and KU AD asking about the season and ticket renewal?

I can only imagine that they're having many entertaining conversations.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2026083 - 01/10/18 11:22 AM Re: Thank God for KU football! [Re: dgless21]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I certainly don't envy the KU sales reps! Imagine getting that golden opportunity to sell an all expense paid trip to the old corner warehouse at Lansing? laugh But still...there will literally be DOZENS of people lining up to put their money down to support JUCO football at a low level. sick

#2026090 - 01/10/18 01:53 PM Re: Thank God for KU football! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
I certainly don't envy the KU sales reps! Imagine getting that golden opportunity to sell an all expense paid trip to the old corner warehouse at Lansing? laugh But still...there will literally be DOZENS of people lining up to put their money down to support JUCO football at a low level. sick
After going to several games in 2017, I expected (still do expect) a call soon wanting to sell some 50 yarders to me.

#2026091 - 01/10/18 03:10 PM Re: Thank God for KU football! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Some of us older Hawks have seen this before....but why buy season tickets and contribute to the WEF?

If you want to attend a game for some bazaar reason, (with 5 out 6 almost guaranteed to be 11:00 am kickoffs) Either pay for a General Admission/Endzone ducat, then simply go find something vacant between the 40's...or offer some poor bastard $5 for his 50 yard line ticket on any corner just north of the stadium.

Every game, with the possible exception of Nichol's State will be on TV anyway.

Now I do realize that Zenger and his coaches have made parking a snap, no waiting in lines at restrooms or concessions (those that are ACTUALLY open! blush) and the Marching Jayhawks are still among the nations best at pre-game and halftime....(.but you won't hear them over the ear drum killing piped in crap now called music at any other time sick crazy mad) so hundreds of folks might want to attend no matter what. Folks like Beaty and the families of the other staff members. Hell, Bowen's wife certainly isn't hard to look at, so if someone does attend, they could always stare at her.

#2026095 - 01/10/18 05:07 PM Re: Thank God for KU football! [Re: KUHawkhead]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
I had tickets on the 50. I didn't previously have season tickets, didn't have to donate for years, or donate a lot. They were really quite easy to come by.

I walked in to select a seat, there were a few seats together on row 15ish on the 50 yard line that no one had claimed, and I selected them. That's the nature of how few season ticket holders we had/have in 2017/18.

What's worse is those tickets wouldn't sell for more than $20 a ticket by the end of the year.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2026100 - 01/10/18 08:24 PM Re: Thank God for KU football! [Re: beenahawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Now.....are those folks? Or Dudes?

#2026102 - 01/10/18 09:11 PM Re: Thank God for KU football! [Re: KUHawkhead]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
I get free tickets to the Coaches Corner but pretty much pick any seat in the student section. 40 yard line about half way up.

#2026106 - 01/11/18 07:48 AM Re: Thank God for KU football! [Re: KUHawkhead]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Now.....are those folks? Or Dudes?

According to DB, they would be "loyal dudes". According to anyone with a brain larger than a walnut, they would idiots. laugh

Preview