Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2026176 - 01/11/18 10:16 PM Re: Baldwin and Charlot [Re: moose1]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Yeah, this thread has gone way off the rails and I share in the blame.

I don't take kindly to being characterized the way i was in a couple of the posts here. I tried to avoid the name calling but took it to a place that was just as deplorable. Political correctness has never been my forte. I regret some of my words and apologize to dgless for them.

Believe it or not, my original intent was simply to defend the William Allen White School of Journalism and the honor of having studied there. I only made things worse.

I do NOT back away from my support of Coach Beaty. He has been a disappointment so far, but the magnitude of the rebuilding effort I don't think is understood by the majority of those who post on this board.

#2026179 - 01/12/18 07:56 AM Re: Baldwin and Charlot [Re: bigdogjac]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
It's a difficult situation for Beaty. On one hand, we've now been terrible for years, so he's getting eight years of frustrations directed at him. All eight years aren't his fault, and as you mentioned, we had/have a very deep hole to climb out of.

On the other hand, there are many things he's done (or hasn't done) that are head scratchers. I definitely think he deserves a shot at next year, but I'm concerned we're just prolonging the inevitable.

The schedule will be rough. Based on this year, it's hard to believe we're going to make a huge leap, and if we don't, the rumbles for him to be fired are going to get louder and louder as the season goes on.

Unfortunately, we're in a pretty questionable position if we fire or keep him. If we fire him, we're (currently) counting on Zenger to make a better choice. If we keep him, we're counting on Beaty showing something he has yet to show. Either way, the probabilities seem to be against us.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2026186 - 01/12/18 09:48 AM Re: Baldwin and Charlot [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: moose1
I think we have officially hit the off-season where there is not a whole hell a lot to talk about.
I agree. My apology to anyone slighted by my light hearted attempt to while away time until we hear more about the Feb signings for 2018. And I realize dgless21, for example, has a more dire opinion about IMHO.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview