Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2026167 - 01/11/18 06:21 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
mushhawk took the position we SHOULD have been playing him all along.

He wants the rules changed. Even if they were changed, I would still disagree. It would be unfair to the teams that do follow the rules.

I want to play in March Madness.

Obviously, Self came to the same conclusion.

I try very hard to keep you enlightened Gusher. And it's my pleasure to do so. Just the kind of guy I am.

#2026169 - 01/11/18 06:52 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
But you haven't enlightened...again if you are positive that Preston won't ever be eligible I want your evidence to why not. I believe Self would have suggested that he would let Preston's mom to remove him from KU and let him play over seas to gain experience and then return for the next NBA draft...

#2026177 - 01/11/18 10:48 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Let me try this again Gusher--

On the Preston matter--I have no direct evidence of what the NCAA is or is not thinking. But I also don't believe they are necessarily dragging their feet.

From what we have read and heard, it seems the university is throwing a hail mary on this one. A one game suspension has now dragged on for two months while the university tries to do damage control and untangle the mess he created.

His mother coming out to Lawrence to attend to "paperwork" is highly suspicious, don't you think? We've invested a lot of effort not only to get this kid on campus in the first place but to get him on the court as well. If all this was some kind of misunderstanding or compliance "oversight" he would be playing by now.

Coming on the heels of the widely publicized FBI probe didn't help. I believe, and I think you'll agree, Self has deliberately stayed at arms length from getting involved (publicly) in this because he sees the implications for his program and the university. Not playing Preston is akin to a smoking gun.This is why I have consistently opined he will never play another minute in a KU uniform.

All this finger pointing at the NCAA is off target. Look how long it took KU to turn their file over to the NCAA. You would expect the same careful scrutiny by them as well.

I have nothing against the kid, but he (and apparently others) put him and the university in this position. I care more about KU than Preston and his mother's disappointment on how his one year drive-by attendance here affects his future.

.I'm coming around to Michhawk's position on all this. The season is half over, we need to move on one way or another. The status quo is hurting this team and its prospects in late March and April. .

One last thing--Tait, Keegan, Benton Smith, etc. know a hell of a lot more than what they are reporting. Their sketchy reporting on this matter has contributed to the runaway speculation by the rest of us.

#2026178 - 01/11/18 11:32 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
Original AFH Gangsta

The team is 13-3...3-1 in B12 . . it would be the same with or without this Preston situation. And the season half over crap is stupid. I dont care if he would be eligible until the last 5 games. He could do nothing but help this team no matter what time frame it occurs. For a decent tournament run we need him. Perhaps you have given up on the matter but I haven't.

#2026182 - 01/12/18 09:33 AM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
imzcount Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: az
Insulting if NCAA waits till the season is nearly over to re-instate Preston and or DeSousa. What a waste of their time. It would be nice though to have them for the tournaments.

#2026193 - 01/12/18 10:50 AM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
Original AFH Gangsta

Exactly my point. Any talented front court help would be good help....no matter the date. I think the end of January might the point of no return.

#2026201 - 01/12/18 01:43 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: jahawker2004]
oldalum Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I think you are wrong about the reporting, 2004. I haven't heard of a reporter sitting on a good story since the Kennedy days.

#2026204 - 01/12/18 02:15 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol

#2026498 - 01/18/18 12:30 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
Original AFH Gangsta

No news still on Preston. Dot netters talking crap about him. Its got to be killing him. But yet he is enthusiastically supporting our team on the bench every game. He could bolt and make money playing over seas...then come back for the NBA draft. Phd on the dot net stated he would tell Preston to fugg off to his face if he ever met him. The only problem with that is the miniscule Phd would have to say that to Billy's belly button...lol

#2026501 - 01/18/18 12:57 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
I have no idea because I really do not follow it much. But I find it hard to believe that billy p. is on anyone's draft board. Maybe he is, I don't know. But I bet he isn't.

I don't feel bad for billy p. I don't have ill feelings toward billy p. I have nothing for billy p. as billy p. has been nothing so far. Nothing for nothing.

#2026513 - 01/18/18 03:09 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Well Michhawk--a post of yours I completely agree with. And no name-calling!

"Nothing for nothing"--very punny!

#2026534 - 01/18/18 06:45 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
Original AFH Gangsta

2004...you are a wuss...agreeing ith michhawk half the time nd agreeing with me half the time...talk about wishy washy...no bueno.

#2026535 - 01/18/18 06:52 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The NCAA needs to clear BP ASAP so he can get some PT for KU. RCJHKU!

#2026536 - 01/18/18 08:09 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
2004...you are a wuss...agreeing ith michhawk half the time nd agreeing with me half the time...talk about wishy washy...no bueno.

Gusher you are incorrect.

I agree with you about half the time and with Michhawk hardly any of the time.

I'm the one who proclaimed MONTHS ago "Billy Preston will never play another minute in a KU uniform." He is wise to come around to my point of view and you need to wise up too.

#2026537 - 01/18/18 09:32 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
Original AFH Gangsta

So explain this Braniac....why does Preston remain on the bench supporting our team whole heartedly if he has no chanc to play. He could leave and play over seas...and again o to the NBA draft ext year...but yet he is patiently waiting for the NCAA to clear him....you know nothing old man.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview