Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2026097 - 01/10/18 06:49 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I want to see Preston and DeSousa on the floor Saturday. We need rebounds. Preston would be the perfect compliment to Dok on the high/low. Then Lightfoot could be high and DeSousa low off the bench.

#2026117 - 01/11/18 12:21 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
We are less than 60 days away from the start of the BIG 12 tournament. With every passing day the positive impact these two can have on this season gets less and less.

Another couple weeks go by and those two might as well red-shirt. If that is even an option.

#2026118 - 01/11/18 12:27 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Lol...over 3/4th of the conference season left and you want to give up on these guys. Both are practicing every game so they will be ready when the time comes. Man talk about a quitter...thy name is michhawk....pathetic

#2026119 - 01/11/18 12:36 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm a cagey veteran. I know better than to hinge my hopes and dreams on two kids that have not played 1 thin minute in a KU uniform. If they get cleared SOON, they might help some. But the addition of those two, at this point, is not going to change the outcome of our season much.

It's called reality. Some of us have to live in it.

#2026124 - 01/11/18 01:33 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
I tend to agree, although I think the addition (now!) of Preston would be a big plus.

After all, he already has played much more than "one thin" minute in a KU uniform.

Now THAT's reality.

#2026126 - 01/11/18 01:42 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Is michhawk his damn slow on the uptake. That Missouri exhibition game was as competitive as any this yr. Billy scored 12 pts and had 6 boards in 15 minutes of play. If it was up to numbnutz michhawk we would start 4 Lightfeet and one Morningsleeves on this team...Idiot.

#2026131 - 01/11/18 02:12 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
That Missouri exhibition game was as competitive as any this yr. Billy scored 12 pts and had 6 boards in 15 minutes of play.

Even though he did pretty good in a scrimmage game back in October, I will likely refrain from betting my farm if and when billy p. gets himself cleared.

#2026132 - 01/11/18 02:19 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Don't bet your own property Michhawk, bet some K-State plowboy's farm instead.

Billy Preston will never play another minute in a KU uniform. Self rolled snake eyes on this one. Should never have sent Dwight Coleby packing.

I don't feel the slighest bit sorry for Preston. Good riddance. He created such a mess that even Self couldn't clean it up

I know--that's heresy. But it's true.

#2026135 - 01/11/18 03:16 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
The NCAA needs to get their heads out of their rears!
These endless "investigations" and decisions on whether a player is eligible are ridiculous. They're hurting the school, the players, the fans and everyone involved. There needs to be a rule change with situations like this. If they are investigating whether someone is eligible to transfer or if there is an investigation into possible violations, they need to let the player play until they decide. If the school decides to bench a player on their own, that time benched should count as time served if a suspension is implemented for the player after an investigation is finished.
Let's say after missing 2 months of scrimmage and 2/3 of the season, they decide Preston did nothing wrong and that Silvio was eligible when he arrived in Lawrence. They ended up punishing them for nothing in making them sit out while they decided. That is wrong!
Or they at least need to have a maximum clear cut deadline to investigate. They need to let the player play on a set date if no resolution has been made after an investigation starts. This is just basic due process.
A team could lose a dozen games that they would've otherwise won if a key player is held out for months while they process paperwork. KU would have likely won 1 or 2 of the close games we lost if we had Preston and/or Silvio in those games. That affects a team's rankings, NCAA standings, seeding, conference titles, etc, not to mention how it affects the player and fans. It's ridiculous. Self can't even get an answer to how it's going or when they should expect a decision. You can't plan scrimmages because you don't know if the guys will be able to play.

Possibly, our 2 most athletic players and top 20 recruits are kept from playing most of the season while they decide "IF" they did anything wrong. That's unacceptable.

That's my rant for the day. wink

#2026137 - 01/11/18 03:41 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Holy crap Batfart..this situation has even brought Mush out of the woodwork. How is it going brother. Now if we can get morgs to comment maybe we got something.

#2026138 - 01/11/18 03:44 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
LOL!
Thanks Phogusher!

grin

#2026139 - 01/11/18 03:45 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: jahawker2004
Don't bet your own property Michhawk, bet some K-State plowboy's farm instead.

Billy Preston will never play another minute in a KU uniform. Self rolled snake eyes on this one. Should never have sent Dwight Coleby packing.

I don't feel the slighest bit sorry for Preston. Good riddance. He created such a mess that even Self couldn't clean it up

I know--that's heresy. But it's true.

Oh you are so wrong on this 2004. If Self rolled snake eyes he would advise Preston to go play Euro ball.

#2026140 - 01/11/18 03:48 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: mushhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: mushhawk
LOL!
Thanks Phogusher!

grin

No problem. I need somebody like you around here instead of naysayers like 2004 and michhawk. You get a 4k tv yet. Sorry couldn't resist.

#2026152 - 01/11/18 04:59 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

It was a great and thought-provoking post by the musher but--

How is it fair to other teams if we play an ineligible player and they lose? It hurts their chances of making March Madness.

It ain't all about us.

#2026157 - 01/11/18 05:45 PM Re: Billy & Silvio [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Its quite obvious that we wouldn't play an ineligible player. So 2004 ..you seem positive that Preston will never play. Do you have some inside information that the rest of us are not privy to....if so please enlighten us. Then we can stop yapping about it...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview