Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2025775 - 01/03/18 01:03 PM afh student section seems much smaller
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
is that just my old eyes or has it steady decrease in size over the past decade. it really looked small last night.

#2025782 - 01/03/18 02:01 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: tmcats]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Prolly by 50%. More revenue to be made off others, and Millennials won't dare venture out of their safe zones in temps less than 70 or greater than 75

#2025785 - 01/03/18 02:23 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: Jman1]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
They do a very poor job getting the Rock Chalk Chant going too.

Couple times this year barely got it started.

#2025787 - 01/03/18 02:51 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: Jman1]
Kirk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Austin
Originally Posted By: Jman1
Prolly by 50%. More revenue to be made off others, and Millennials won't dare venture out of their safe zones in temps less than 70 or greater than 75

Ha!

When do they stop being Millennials? Isn't there like another group at some point?

#2025788 - 01/03/18 02:56 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: Kirk]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: Kirk

Ha!

When do they stop being Millennials? Isn't there like another group at some point?

"Snowflakes." The generation after Millenials are the "Snowflakes."

#2025789 - 01/03/18 03:07 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: MICHHAWK]
Kirk Offline
Phog Fanatic

I'm sure the "snowflakes" will do everything perfectly. But their commitments to things probably melt away fast.

#2025792 - 01/03/18 03:18 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: Kirk]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Kirk

Ha!

Um I would guess when they have to GET A JOB, BE RESPONSIBLE AND PAY TAXES. Then I guess the Snowflowers get their crack at it, then the Cat Piss generation

#2025801 - 01/03/18 04:42 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: Jman1]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

You paint the millenials with such a broad brush.

Look at what OUR generation has saddled them with--

MOUNTAINS of debt for THEM to pay off.

OUR generation has looted this country. Looted the Social Security system, endless rounds of tax cuts for those who don't need them, decaying infrastructure, a corrupt, anything goes corporate culture, endless unnecessary wars and nation building, etc.

WE are the spoiled children. Whatever WE wanted, we charged THEM for.

What sacrifices have WE ever made for the good of America?

I think it's time to pass the torch and let them start cleaning up. They are willing to make some sacrifices and your snide, holier than thou attitude is shameful.

Next time, post your name-calling and ignorance on the Politics board.

And, in the meantime, put this in your pipe and smoke it--

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl...ers_125184.html

(This isn't aimed at you, JMan. It's aimed at all the posters above who inherited a great and prosperous country and took it to the brink of bankruptcy.)

Edited by jahawker2004 (01/03/18 05:07 PM)

#2025812 - 01/03/18 06:15 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: tmcats]
Kirk Offline
Phog Fanatic

LOL! Those mean old Boomers never accomplished anything! Hurry, someone give those Millennials an award....for being so downtrodden!

#2025818 - 01/03/18 09:25 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: Kirk]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

lol--it wasn't the millenials who were demanding participation trophy and awards, it was their parents and the boomers who INSISTED everybody get rewarded.

Just curious--why are you so hostile to the younger generations? Upset because you underachieved personally?

#2025832 - 01/04/18 10:37 AM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: tmcats
is that just my old eyes or has it steady decrease in size over the past decade. it really looked small last night.
2nd semester hasn't started yet.

#2025836 - 01/04/18 11:25 AM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: jahawker2004]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Originally Posted By: jahawker2004
lol--it wasn't the millenials who were demanding participation trophy and awards, it was their parents and the boomers who INSISTED everybody get rewarded.

Just curious--why are you so hostile to the younger generations? Upset because you underachieved personally?

Every older generation hates every younger generation. Nothing new there. It's just that the media and internet make it easier to access one another and see the criticisms.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2025840 - 01/04/18 12:58 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
if we limit the discussion to sports, not ideology, there's no question that millennials do not support their teams like past generations. i see it across the field at k-state every gameday, as they waltz in late and leave early for whatever reason, i can't imagine.

afh's student section seemed full to me but much smaller in size than i had remembered. that was my observation. it had nothing to do with empty seats. i saw none.

#2025843 - 01/04/18 02:01 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: tmcats
if we limit the discussion to sports, not ideology, there's no question that millennials do not support their teams like past generations. i see it across the field at k-state every gameday, as they waltz in late and leave early for whatever reason, i can't imagine.

afh's student section seemed full to me but much smaller in size than i had remembered. that was my observation. it had nothing to do with empty seats. i saw none.
Then the probably opened it up to new season ticket holders if there were empty seats to begin with.

#2025854 - 01/04/18 04:20 PM Re: afh student section seems much smaller [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
I like that tm pays this much attention to another school's student section.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview