Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2025685 - 01/01/18 10:48 AM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: moose1
I would like to see them hire a former head coach that is on his way down, but still wants to coach.

This is not a dig on Beaty. There is no secret I want Beaty gone. However I think he could benefit from someone on staff that has head coaching experience.

I listened to an interview with Ron Riviera, and he said it was very valuable to have a coach with head coaching experience the first couple of years he was a head coach. I think it would benefit Beaty to have that to lean on.
Unfortunately, Beaty has shown his arrogance and stubbornness to the public, so much so that his ego won't allow an experienced "teacher" at this point. He's run his course as a P5 D1 HC anywhere but in football hell (Kansas).

His actions immediately following showing up Heisman QB Mayfield has put his "talents" on display.

#2026877 - 01/26/18 12:09 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Magicman Offline
Phog Fanatic

Beaty has filled his final coaching spot with Bill Miller. Great decision! Bill is an outstanding defensive coach and has coached linebackers and defensive backs. He has also been DC for some big time programs. Great hire!

#2026880 - 01/26/18 01:24 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: Magicman]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Magicman
Beaty has filled his final coaching spot with Bill Miller. Great decision! Bill is an outstanding defensive coach and has coached linebackers and defensive backs. He has also been DC for some big time programs. Great hire!

35+ years as a defensive coach in the college ranks. Defensive coach at Kansas in 2009. Should give Bowen some needed help.

#2026886 - 01/26/18 01:51 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: track]
Jman1 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: track

35+ years as a defensive coach in the college ranks. Defensive coach at Kansas in 2009. Should give Bowen some needed help.

And God knows Bowen and Beaty can use all the help they can get. Not being spiteful, just truthful

#2026887 - 01/26/18 01:53 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: Maximus]
Jman1 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Originally Posted By: jhawkblue
Does it really matter? This is a lame duck coaching staff everyone knows they will all be gone after next year except for the few die hard Beaty believers that still somehow think he can coach at a D1 level

If your the Head coach, you hire the next available candidate who needs a job.

If your the KU AD, you hire the next Head coach who takes over after KU suffers three loss.

Maxi, I don;t think I would hire her for the football staff unless the size of one's knockers determines how many games are won.

#2026893 - 01/26/18 02:07 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: Jman1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Jman1

And God knows Bowen and Beaty can use all the help they can get. Not being spiteful, just truthful

Now if Meacham could get some help too in the form of better line play and QB play!

Edited by track (01/26/18 02:09 PM)

#2026894 - 01/26/18 02:56 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: track]
Yardbirdbob Offline
Phog Fanatic

Very solid hire. Will improved defense immediately.

#2026896 - 01/26/18 04:59 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Josh2408 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Indiana
Bill Miller has joined the staff as a defensive assistant, this is Miller's 2nd stint at KU he was the LB's Coach and CO- DC under Mangino in 2009

#2026897 - 01/26/18 06:57 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
So I guess we're not hiring a special teams coach? Or will Beaty just take on that role?

#2026899 - 01/26/18 07:21 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Josh2408 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Indiana
I just wanted to hear Introducing Clint Bowen New HC at Such and Such school

#2026902 - 01/26/18 08:03 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: Josh2408]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

This looks like a good hire. He coached LBs in the past and we already have a LB coach.

Edited by pizzanbeer (01/26/18 08:50 PM)

#2026906 - 01/27/18 08:18 AM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: 58hawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
So I guess we're not hiring a special teams coach? Or will Beaty just take on that role?
That spot is still officially open. Looks like they're most likely going to shift someone already on staff to ST's from what I just heard now.

#2026963 - 01/29/18 02:50 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: pizzanbeer]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

From KU Athletics, "With Miller coaching the linebackers, Beaty also announced that assistant coach Todd Bradford will now mentor the Jayhawk safeties, while assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Clint Bowen will now work with the cornerbacks. Kenny Perry will move into the special teams coordinator position and will also remain serving as KU's recruiting coordinator."

#2026974 - 01/29/18 06:05 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: pizzanbeer]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Interesting. Our special teams were terrible, and we had a guy that could (supposedly?) improve it on the staff...or is this a step backwards?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2026997 - 01/29/18 11:20 PM Re: Who Do You Hire For New Assistant Coach? [Re: track]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jman1

Now if Meacham could get some help too in the form of better line play and QB play!

Understood
Offense sucks: player's fault
Defense sucks: coach's fault

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview