Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2025458 - 12/22/17 11:02 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Hope he keeps that chip on his shoulder his entire career at KU!

A guy with the kind of talent he's got playing with a chip on his shoulder would be very tough for other teams to deal with.

#2025461 - 12/22/17 11:20 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
All our guys need a chip on their shoulder, which I am not sure I have seen so far.

Nice getting Pooka signed! Any chance that the guys that have signed can start doing recruiting for KU and help land a couple other recruits?

#2025466 - 12/22/17 01:16 PM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Pooka is a three star. Wasn't Dom a 4 star?

#2025467 - 12/22/17 02:02 PM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Dom was a 3 star by some, 4 star by Rivals. He'll be a big weapon in the offense next year in the backfield. Pooka will be back and forth between slot and RB. They're not necessarily competing against each other per se.

#2025470 - 12/22/17 02:54 PM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
Topcitykid10 Offline
John Brown

Backfield is secure now the QB situation.

#2025471 - 12/22/17 03:04 PM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: Topcitykid10]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Backfield is secure now the QB situation.

If KU wants to make any noise next year they absolutely need a QB. I think we have seen enough of Stanley and overall I think Bender is a bad fit. If KUs O line was better Bender might work. I think they need a JUCO double threat QB that is ready to at now or a 5th year transfer, but. I doubt theree is a good 5th year that KU could get.

#2025472 - 12/22/17 03:08 PM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
jhawkblue Offline
Lawrence Legend

Other than the much needed HS OL for the future of the program Anthony Williams was the one target that I was most wanting to see sign with KU unfortunately he is also the one that I am most worried about actually qualifying and making it to campus

I think with his electric speed he is a Tony Pierson like athlete with great potential. does he have a Pierson like attitude and work ethic? time will tell, but if he does and he can make the mental/physical adjustments needed from HS to D1 athlete I think he has the opportunity to be a very good player (even if the only way this staff gets him involved is catching a bubble screens 3 yards behind scrimmage)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview