Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2025389 - 12/21/17 03:45 PM Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps?
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
This new signing period is odd. I expected some stragglers. Any offers to KS/Mo/OK/Co Preps? I expect Beaty ought to try and mend some fences here locally w/ some offers during this secondary period.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2025390 - 12/21/17 04:21 PM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Based on the posters on here, Beaty doesn't give a single poop about KU or the fences.

He's just choosing his own salary, not recruiting, signing JUCOs, giving his coaches HUGE raises, and losing on Saturdays.

Right?

As for Pooka, Mike Scarborough (runs TigerBait) tweeted that "Pooka looks all Kansas. Nothing going on with LSU." in response to someone asking about LSU's shot on landing him.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2025400 - 12/21/17 08:01 PM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Pooka announcing at 9 tomorrow morning.

Mentions Nebraska, LSU, Kansas in his tweet.

#2025404 - 12/21/17 08:40 PM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Based on the posters on here, Beaty doesn't give a single poop about KU or the fences.

He's just choosing his own salary, not recruiting, signing JUCOs, giving his coaches HUGE raises, and losing on Saturdays.

Right?
I imagine he poops diamonds out his back side regular. AD Zenger gives a $800-900K immediate raise for one conf win in three seasons of failing. Not recruiting successfully (his strong suit), failing to sign his LA top recruit, giving his running backs coach an immediate raise for getting the top recruit to mention KU while committing to another school, and as always, losing each and every Saturday game at a 3-33 clip. Pretty close to what you said...

#2025429 - 12/22/17 06:39 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: dgless21

Right?
Not recruiting successfully (his strong suit),
Yeah, holding off teams like OU, LSU, Texas, Florida, Okie St., Nebraska, etc. just to name a few along with getting a class that'll most likely end up in the upper 1/2 of D-1 football after having the record we've had over the past 3 years are all sure signs of someone who can't recruit.

failing to sign his LA top recruit
Oh, so now you're shifting your measuring stick from signing any LA recruits to signing the top rated 1 as being the goal. Nice.

giving his running backs coach an immediate raise for getting the top recruit to mention KU while committing to another school
Wait, so Beaty is now in charge of what the coach's salaries are? Who knew! Wonder why he didn't give his boy Bowen a bigger salary right from the get go?

#2025437 - 12/22/17 08:30 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Beaty has signed up Harris (good so far), but as for a success at recruiting over three off seasons? weak for a strong suit of his...Two LA recruits signed does not a team make...and finally Beaty has to input into staff salaries or he is a REAL pretender at being HC here. Bowen is already overpaid for his defensive stats this last go-around at Kansas. Thank god!

#2025439 - 12/22/17 08:43 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Two LA recruits signed does not a team make
Agree, so why'd you put it out there as a measuring stick?

...and finally Beaty has to input into staff salaries or he is a REAL pretender at being HC here. Bowen is already overpaid for his defensive stats this last go-around at Kansas. Thank god!
I'd assume he had some input too, but that's not what you said.

#2025441 - 12/22/17 08:53 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Two LA recruits signed does not a team make
Agree, so why'd you put it out there as a measuring stick? Beaty's strongest suit is recruiting according to Zenger, but yet the classes so far have been weak (hey, you touted #2 by some illogical reasoning

...and finally Beaty has to input into staff salaries or he is a REAL pretender at being HC here. Bowen is already overpaid for his defensive stats this last go-around at Kansas. Thank god!
I'd assume he had some input too, but that's not what you said.
If he didn't want to give Hull a razer, it wouldn't happen or he would be fired on the spot. Then a better HC would be hired.

#2025444 - 12/22/17 09:08 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

(hey, you touted #2 by some illogical reasoning
Things like the stock market must confuse and perplex you to no end, cause they aren't static either. Always going up and down and all!

#2025446 - 12/22/17 09:18 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If he didn't want to give Hull a razer, it wouldn't happen or he would be fired on the spot. Then a better HC would be hired.
So, if Beaty dictated the raise to coach Hull for all the verbal commitments he got back in February, why did all the other assistants get raises too? How about his own raise? He order Zenger to give it to him too?

#2025450 - 12/22/17 09:32 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Pooka just signed his LOI to KU!

Video of his signing ceremony.

#2025451 - 12/22/17 09:53 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Exciting guy to have. One that Meacham will love to have in this offense. Can be H-Back type of role that KU desperately missed last year after Mathews was out with heart problems.

#2025455 - 12/22/17 10:12 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
Topcitykid10 Offline
John Brown

Wow Pooka signing is a shock! I thought for sure he was going to LSU. Maybe he did the drama just to piss off LSU. I like this kid!

#2025456 - 12/22/17 10:18 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: Topcitykid10]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kid's got a ton of character and guts. I'm impressed.

#2025457 - 12/22/17 10:26 AM Re: Stragglers? Pooka update? Any Ks Preps? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

From reading some of his tweets, he wasn't impressed that LSU made a couple other guys a priority at RB.

Takulve, Mike Lee, Corione were all at the signing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview