Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2025527 - 12/25/17 03:44 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: dgless21]
jhawkblue Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: dgless21
How many teams would Army beat on our schedule this year?

A better question is how many wins does ku have playing the schedule that army did and that answer would be 1, as apposed to the 10 plus a bowl win that army had with less talent, more restricted recruiting, lack of red shirts years for players. Any even average coaching staff world have had 4 wins with KUs roster and our schedule this year, but we have nothing close to even an average staff

Edited by jhawkblue (12/25/17 03:47 PM)

#2025528 - 12/25/17 04:20 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: Jman1]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Great. Thanks for quoting me with answers to questions I didn't ask.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2025529 - 12/25/17 05:23 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: dgless21]
Jman1 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Great. Thanks for quoting me with answers to questions I didn't ask.

No Prob. Knowledge is POWER

#2025541 - 12/26/17 02:45 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: Jman1]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
The sad thing is....talent for talent, I guarantee you that KU had more than Army. Difference being that Army has DISCIPLINE and COACHING. Two things KU does not.

Oh well. I'm sure the hire after the fifth game of next season will just knock our socks off. BTW...NIU plays in a bowl game with a coach who has wanted the KU job the last three times it has been available if you guys want to see what having a coach who actually knows a hole in the ground from his butt hole.

RCJHKU!

#2025543 - 12/26/17 04:25 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: Jman1]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I stand corrected.....unlike at KU (where you are basically retired or go coach a lower level of the sport) Coach Doreen has actually been given a higher profile position at NC State.

Sorry for the confusion.

RCJHKU!

#2025545 - 12/26/17 04:45 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead

Oh well. I'm sure the hire after the fifth game of next season will just knock our socks off. BTW...NIU plays in a bowl game with a coach who has wanted the KU job the last three times it has been available if you guys want to see what having a coach who actually knows a hole in the ground from his butt hole.

RCJHKU!
Our guy can’t find his butt hole with two hands, mirror and his tongue 😛!

#2025546 - 12/26/17 05:11 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Yardbirdbob Offline
Phog Fanatic

So much hate KUCO....sad.

#2025547 - 12/26/17 05:18 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: Yardbirdbob]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob
So much hate KUCO....sad.
If you notice, I put a emoticon on that CLEARLY means joking. But you don’t say crap about HH, do you?

Nice stalking, milk toast bobby!!

#2025550 - 12/26/17 07:36 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: Jman1]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Why would you want to find your own butthole with your tongue?

#2025551 - 12/26/17 08:23 PM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: KUHawkhead]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
The sad thing is....talent for talent, I guarantee you that KU had more than Army. Difference being that Army has DISCIPLINE and COACHING. Two things KU does not.

RCJHKU!

Speaking of northern Ill/Wiconsin/Minn, who was the last decent player we had outta that area? I believe we had one O lineman around the 2008 to 2012 timeframe that Mangino recruited. Throughout the 90s/00s, we always had at least one starter from up there. Usually an Olineman or Dlineman. We haven't recruited that area in forever. Geez, half of KU from 1984 to about 1994 was from the north side of Chicago. The last two interns I've had at work were from Minneapolis/St Paul so I know the academic part of KU recruits those areas for outta state $$$s. I vacationed in the Apostle Islands in 2014 and met a guy on the ferry w/ a KU Footbal t-shirt on. He was a HS coach from down around Madison. WTH is wrong w/ the athletic recruiting up there?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2025556 - 12/27/17 05:55 AM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Why would you want to find your own butthole with your tongue?
Not Sure. But it would show SOME talent.

#2025557 - 12/27/17 07:54 AM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: Jman1]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

If that's the talent you want to see from David Beaty, you have issues.

#2025558 - 12/27/17 08:40 AM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

If that's the talent you want to see from David Beaty, you have issues.
He clearly cannot coach football

#2025559 - 12/27/17 11:44 AM Re: "Dream Team" [Re: John_Brown]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: John_Brown

RCJHKU!

Speaking of northern Ill/Wiconsin/Minn, who was the last decent player we had outta that area? I believe we had one O lineman around the 2008 to 2012 timeframe that Mangino recruited. Throughout the 90s/00s, we always had at least one starter from up there. Usually an Olineman or Dlineman. We haven't recruited that area in forever. Geez, half of KU from 1984 to about 1994 was from the north side of Chicago. The last two interns I've had at work were from Minneapolis/St Paul so I know the academic part of KU recruits those areas for outta state $$$s. I vacationed in the Apostle Islands in 2014 and met a guy on the ferry w/ a KU Footbal t-shirt on. He was a HS coach from down around Madison. WTH is wrong w/ the athletic recruiting up there?

Beaty was hired because he could recruit TEXAS. Not Wisconsin. Now he does seem a tad bit directionally challenged since he isn't really focusing on Texas. But since Zenger doesn't care, why should we?

I still think there should be a lot more focus on Kansas kids, and not just preferred walkons. I personally think every class should have a minimum of 8 Kansas/Kansas City area kids on the roster.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview