Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2025116 - 12/15/17 11:01 AM Re: sKUm style scheduling. [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: tmcats
i've had a career of people paying for my opinion. why is that creepy woman staring at me >?
She thinks $20 is too high to pay for your 4 minutes of "bliss".

#2025177 - 12/17/17 02:37 PM Re: sKUm style scheduling. [Re: tmcats]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
yahoo name is appropriately placed. however, i can understand why ku fan would want him gone.

Snyder has a (22-4) record against Kansas and has a winning record against each of the seven Jayhawks head coaches he has faced. The breakdown: 5-3 vs. Glen Mason, 5-0 against Terry Allen, 4-1 vs. Mark Mangino, 2-0 against Turner Gill, 2-0 vs. Charlie Weis, 1-0 against Clint Bowen and (3-0) vs. David Beaty. LJW Oct 2017

The most impressive runs in that stretch are the 5 and 3 over Mase and the 4 and 1 vs Mangino. I'd imagine every Big12 coach put up those kinda numbers on the Jayhawks except for a couple of Slavers at Mizzou and some guys throwing spitballs at ISU.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2025178 - 12/17/17 02:56 PM Re: sKUm style scheduling. [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
i've had a career of people paying for my opinion.

Not about football.

Fox Sports, CNN, Yahoo Sports, Sports Illustrated, New York Times, and others have paid Pete Thamel to write about football. Seems lots of companies think he knows his stuff.

But he obviously doesn't know anything about KSU football because you and maybe even your stanford mba buddy say so, right?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2025198 - 12/18/17 11:03 AM Re: sKUm style scheduling. [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: dgless21

Not about football.

Fox Sports, CNN, Yahoo Sports, Sports Illustrated, New York Times, and others have paid Pete Thamel to write about football. Seems lots of companies think he knows his stuff.

But he obviously doesn't know anything about KSU football because you and maybe even your stanford mba buddy say so, right?

thamel is reckless in his comments about bill snyder. that's my take as a decades-long season ticket holder and someone relatively close to the situation here in mhk.

#2025206 - 12/18/17 01:24 PM Re: sKUm style scheduling. [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21

Not about football.

thamel is reckless in his comments about bill snyder. that's my take as a decades-long season ticket holder and someone relatively close to the situation here in mhk.
I understand a season in Manhattan could seem like a decade.

#2025208 - 12/18/17 01:27 PM Re: sKUm style scheduling. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

football season over here is an event. it flies by. i love it. come back from the summer home just in time for the first game. will miss coach so much when he finally leaves. it will be a sad day in mhk.

#2025322 - 12/20/17 12:39 PM Re: sKUm style scheduling. [Re: John_Brown]
guscat Offline
Dumbest Poster on the Board

Hey, Jayhawks;

My suggestion to you is to make football at KU a revenue sport. Strong D1 teams are always looking for patsies, and KU football certainly fits that description. Don't do the home and home, charge an exhorbitant fee to schedule games at the opponents home field, and whistle all the way to the bank. When your football gets on track in, say, 2025 or so, you can devise another means of making football at KU a revenue sport.

See! It's that easy!

#2025331 - 12/20/17 03:28 PM Re: sKUm style scheduling. [Re: guscat]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: guscat
Hey, Jayhawks;

My suggestion to you is to make football at KU a revenue sport. Strong D1 teams are always looking for patsies, and KU football certainly fits that description. Don't do the home and home, charge an exhorbitant fee to schedule games at the opponents home field, and whistle all the way to the bank. When your football gets on track in, say, 2025 or so, you can devise another means of making football at KU a revenue sport.

See! It's that easy!

Touche'! laugh

#2025393 - 12/21/17 06:31 PM Re: sKUm style scheduling. [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...-state-hostage/

Another (I will assume terrible) journalist thinking Snyder is holding KSU football hostage.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2025428 - 12/22/17 06:18 AM Re: Ksuck style scheduling. [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I heard some national sports radio guys going off on how the old man is ruining his own legacy and creating a toxic environment and a lot of people within the admin over at the pig farm are starting to get a bit pissed about it all.

I don't listen to sports radio, so I have no idea who these guys were(or even what station I heard them on) other than it was some nationally syndicated show. I just happened to hear this while flipping through stations, so I don't know if anything new developed over there yesterday or what prompted them to cover this topic like they did, but they certainly weren't painting a very good picture of what's going on.

#2025464 - 12/22/17 11:25 AM Re: Ksuck style scheduling. [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

bill has said all along, many times that he'd make his decision after the season, which ends with the bowl game 12/26. i'm not sure why all the drama surrounding that fact, but it gives talking heads some fodder, i guess. dennis dodd is a missouri grad.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Preview