Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2024551 - 12/07/17 10:34 AM many of you followed will geary's path
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
the former topeka walk-on - whose g'father went nutso here at wtfchuck for not recruiting him - was named a 'pro football focus' all-american first teamer. quite a journey for the youngster who lost both his g'father and dad along the k-state way.

#2024556 - 12/07/17 11:13 AM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Quite a story, quite the kid!

#2024575 - 12/07/17 03:19 PM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: tmcats]
KUHawkhead Online   sick
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Quite the telling of why we fu(king suck balls.

#2024590 - 12/07/17 04:52 PM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Geary is an overachiever big time. But has plenty of warts to show for it. Let’s let this story play itself out before KSU breaks their arm patting themselves on the back.

#2024592 - 12/07/17 05:18 PM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: tmcats]
schmuck34 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Kansas
Again I'm reminded of why I have KUCO on mute. Can't even give props to a local kid who has had a great career. Back to ignoring him for the rest of my life.

#2024594 - 12/07/17 05:42 PM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: schmuck34]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: schmuck34
Again I'm reminded of why I have KUCO on mute. Can't even give props to a local kid who has had a great career. Back to ignoring him for the rest of my life.
I can’t give a crap about your mute button but my opinion is valued. Geary has had some ups and downs. Let’s not put him in the NFL HOF just yet. All I’m saying.

If Nob Bob wants to keep it up, I say where was he in the bowl game? Suspended...

Edit: not the KSU board.

Bob was only wanting to promote Geary as an NFL sure thing. Not what Schmuck says is the point.

#2024598 - 12/07/17 06:00 PM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Tired of being misrepresented on this board

#2024601 - 12/07/17 06:40 PM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Tired of being misrepresented on this board
We all are...

#2024612 - 12/07/17 11:43 PM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: tmcats]
schmuck34 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Kansas
Show of hands: Who values Kucos opinions?

#2024616 - 12/08/17 04:40 AM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: schmuck34]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

My take is will geary s/b respected enuf by Bob to be known as Will Geary. Sorry Bob.

#2024620 - 12/08/17 08:10 AM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: schmuck34]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Always remember where KUCO is coming from. When your husband has an opinion, you always stand by him, right or wrong. Her husband thought Will wasn't good enough to play on his team, and didn't deserve any respect. CW, her husband is and was always right.

#2024624 - 12/08/17 08:45 AM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: schmuck34]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2024628 - 12/08/17 09:50 AM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: tmcats
the former topeka walk-on Will Geary - was named a 'pro football focus'(PFF) all-american first teamer. quite a journey for the youngster who lost both his g'father and dad along the k-state way.

PFF has been criticized by the analytics community regarding the accuracy and veracity of its ratings.[7] In contrast to the purely quantitative ratings released by sources like Football Outsiders, TeamRankings, and numberFire, PFF uses qualitative and opinion-based grading as the root of their ratings. As such, the ratings are not truly quantitative and could be seen as being prone to bias, poor sample sizing, or other issues.

Not my words, but from another outside source. Don't kill the messenger, schmuck.

#2024641 - 12/08/17 11:44 AM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
It's hypocritical to cite an unnamed and unreliable source (Wikipedia, in this case) to suggest that PFF is an unreliable source.

From the very same article Wikipedia cites that criticizes PFF, the author also states, "I do feel there is some merit and value to the work that Pro Football Focus is putting in."

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2024642 - 12/08/17 12:04 PM Re: many of you followed will geary's path [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

GM Phil Emery of the Bears has publicly said that his analytics team reads Pro Football Focus along with other advanced metrics sites like Football Outsiders. At the same time, the Bears still have a scout team, use film, and have all the other normal tricks that a team uses to analyze another team. To me, that says everything. Pro Football Focus is useful as a contributor, but it's not the be-all, end-all of football stats.

Another source, okay?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview