Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2024314 - 12/01/17 08:58 PM Remember what's possible.
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
I witnessed it. I remember sitting on row 55 in the student section on the north 45 yard line and watched MikeNorseth throw an INT to end the comeback against the CU Buffs in 1985. A kid standing at the entrance at the student section took off his Mike Norseth jersey, threw it on the ground and jumped up and down on it. So began the best coaching story in the Big8/12 I've seen. The Buffs were coming off Coach Mac's 1 and 10 3rd season in Boulder. They were riding a 2 game losing streak into Larryville that weekend. Norseth and the Bomb Squad had beaten the Buffs out in Boulder in '84. I was thinking about Bowling w/ the Jayhawks my freshman year. Then, Coach Mac squeaked one out. Six years later, he won a MNC w/ those Buffs /w some of the most glorious games in Big8 history.

Coach Mac's glorious record

Come on Coach Beaty. Your 3-33 in Lawrence record is only slightly worse than Coach Mac's 6-25-1 first three years in Boulder. However, you do play in a tougher conference than the old Big8. Your 1-11 3rd year equals Coach Mac's 1-10 3rd year. You received an undeserved contract extension in year 3 just like Coach Mac. Do you have what it takes to be Coach Mac?

Will you junk your beloved offense in year 3 and play the talent you have on campus like Coach Mac? Coach Mac went from a pro-set to a wishbone in year 4. Do you have the gonads to give up your beloved spread to protect the defense next fall?

Will you find a recruiting niche everyone else overlooked. This Louisiana exercise reminds me of Coach Mac's pitch to the inner city in Southern California. Keep it up and make it work. You need to land these recruits. Don't miss. Coach Mac didn't.

Can you find a way to will these guys to compete? Can you endure a two game losing streak and still pull the upset on the road in conference down in Waco next fall like Coach Mac in Lawrence in 1985?

Can you create a rivalry in this schedule and give meaning these Jayhawkers have lacked since November of 2011? Coach Mac's target was always UNL. Could you do that w/ OU? Ya'll did compete for a half last fall vs the Gooners. Could you do it for 2 half next fall in Norman?

If you want to be Coach Mac, you need to start making some moves like Coach Mac. Squeeze em out. I saw it happen once. No reason it cannot happen again.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Edited by John_Brown (12/02/17 04:05 PM)

#2024317 - 12/01/17 10:12 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: John_Brown]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Um none of that is going to happen.

#2024323 - 12/02/17 11:40 AM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: moose1]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Time to wind the Cookoo Clock, Helga

#2024325 - 12/02/17 12:06 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: Jman1]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
Nope. Just no.

Mac came from a legit coaching tree, spending plenty of quality time under Bo at Michigan. He played under Dan Devine. Beaty is brainless. He can’t do anything. He may have the lowest IQ of anyone in football at any level. A squirrel is smarter and more focused, and less dishonest.

#2024330 - 12/02/17 02:00 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: John_Brown]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

I wouldn't say he was brainless, however I don't think he had the experience needed to take a power 5 job in the first place. Plus he just doesn't have a winning attitude. He laughs after close losses. I just don't think winning is a big deal to him. That maybe a little harsh and maybe unfair too. However winning coaches at this level have an insane level of competitiveness. I just don't think he has that.

#2024332 - 12/02/17 02:20 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: moose1]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: moose1
I wouldn't say he was brainless, however I don't think he had the experience needed to take a power 5 job in the first place. Plus he just doesn't have a winning attitude. He laughs after close losses. I just don't think winning is a big deal to him. That maybe a little harsh and maybe unfair too. However winning coaches at this level have an insane level of competitiveness. I just don't think he has that.

No, he is nowhere even remotely close to along the lines of "I'm F@cking Irate and I will not stand for this Sh!t". Never seen that or have I seen him call himself, coaches or his players out for poor play and [censored] shoveling coaching, but I have witnessed a lot of kumbaya.

#2024335 - 12/02/17 03:44 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: John_Brown]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
Read his quotes. He is the most severely mentally handicapped human not permanently institutionalized.

Master Beaty. Trust the process.

#2024336 - 12/02/17 04:03 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: Kirk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kirk
Read his quotes. He is the most severely mentally handicapped human not permanently institutionalized.

Master Beaty. Trust the process.
...and holds a P5 D1 Head coaching position. He is a master beator against Texas once.

#2024337 - 12/02/17 04:12 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: moose1]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'd have to agree. However, being an IronArse, the mucketymucks have pointed in this direction and I, being a good IronArse, am preparing to march in the direction the mucketymucks have pointed. Now, this Louisiana thing might happen like CoachMac's SoCal experiment worked. But he'd better land the Joes he's currently chasing this month or that's over. Will he protect the defense? Will he have the gonads to lead the Jayhawkers to a W down in Waco next fall? Can he stay in a game w/ the Gooners? I doubt it. But the mucketymucks are leading in this direction and I witnessed it once. So, let's get on w/ it or just time warp next fall and get on to the next Go-Around.

#2024341 - 12/02/17 04:50 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: John_Brown]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
John Brown, you deserve a Purple Heart and full time disability benefits for sitting through this show as long as you have.

#2024343 - 12/02/17 05:11 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: John_Brown]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: John_Brown

I'd have to agree. However, being an IronArse, the mucketymucks have pointed in this direction and I, being a good IronArse, am preparing to march in the direction the mucketymucks have pointed. Now, this Louisiana thing might happen like CoachMac's SoCal experiment worked. But he'd better land the Joes he's currently chasing this month or that's over. Will he protect the defense? Will he have the gonads to lead the Jayhawkers to a W down in Waco next fall? Can he stay in a game w/ the Gooners? I doubt it. But the mucketymucks are leading in this direction and I witnessed it once. So, let's get on w/ it or just time warp next fall and get on to the next Go-Around.

That's the thing that is so frustrating. I think if we time warp to this time next year, I think we are going to be talking about the same things. I am sick of Groundhog Day. Hawkhead is right you deserve a medal. Hopefully when things finally turn around whenever that is you will be rewarded for your loyalty.

#2024363 - 12/03/17 08:11 AM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: John_Brown

That's the thing that is so frustrating. I think if we time warp to this time next year, I think we are going to be talking about the same things. I am sick of Groundhog Day. Hawkhead is right you deserve a medal. Hopefully when things finally turn around whenever that is you will be rewarded for your loyalty.
My hope is that personal chair backs brought into the games returns. JB deserves that much...

#2024390 - 12/04/17 11:02 AM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: Kirk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kirk
Nope. Just no.

Mac came from a legit coaching tree, spending plenty of quality time under Bo at Michigan. He played under Dan Devine. Beaty is brainless. He can’t do anything. He may have the lowest IQ of anyone in football at any level. A squirrel is smarter and more focused, and less dishonest.

Amen to that Kirk!

Beaty is a very low wattage incandescent in a bright LED world!

#2024391 - 12/04/17 11:09 AM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
[My hope is that personal chair backs brought into the games returns. JB deserves that much...

Anyone who has suffered through this crap that KAI calls football for longer than 5 seasons deserves all their money back a written apology and an all expense paid trip to the next bowl game...wherever and whenever that might be.

As for the chairbacks, don't you know that some disgruntled Iron Arse is liable to smuggle in a firearm and pop a cap or two into Beaty and Zenger? there is also the lost revenue of the KAI seatbacks....they are currently in line for less than 10,000 season tickets! Rather than make a coaching change to supply a semblance of hope to the fan base, Zenger is more worried about lost seatback revenue for the crappy product currently on the field.

#2024427 - 12/04/17 11:31 PM Re: Remember what's possible. [Re: KUHawkhead]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
John Brown, you deserve a Purple Heart and full time disability benefits for sitting through this show as long as you have.

Honestly, I find the collapse almost as interesting as the building. The Buddha's rant after the 2002 Sunflower Showdown was one of the most interesting press conferences I've watched. 15 minute soliloquy on why Div 1a QBs should be able to handle the Center/QB exchange. Coach Val and the 'balls out' analogy in 1987. WTFChuck and the 'pile of crap'.Great nicknames like Gameball/Derp/WTFChuck. This Go-Around is getting a little long, but I still enjoy it.

Preview